MD MD - Hadden Irving Clark, Transvestite, Cannibal

Richard

Reaction score
Little Girl Lost

It seemed almost as hot as hell itself on the afternoon of May 31, 1986. But a blast of summer heat was what many people welcomed on a weekend as summer began. Not Hadden Clark. Hadden, 35, stood outside of his brother Geoffrey’s empty home, sweating in the 92-degree heat. He was a wiry, six-feet-two inches tall who leaned against his Datsun pickup truck feeling sorry for himself and getting angrier by the minute as the temperature soared. The house was eerily quiet. Everyone who lived there was gone--out and having fun. Geoffrey Clark, the only brother he had who wasn’t in prison, had deserted him.

Things were not going well for Hadden. He had been asked to vacate the room he rented at Geoff’s house because he had masturbated in front of his young children. There were nephews and a niece. A few months before that, he had been arrested for shoplifting women’s underwear at a local department store. Hadden didn’t steal the bra and panties to give to a girlfriend. He stole them to wear himself.

“I like my ladies’ clothing,” he once told his mother. “Don’t try and change me.”

Less than a year before he had been bounced from the Navy. His discharge was a medical one--the doctors had diagnosed him as a paranoid schizophrenic. Hadden wasn’t taking the medicine they prescribed for him either. He just didn’t care.

Then, just a week ago, his six-year-old niece, Eliza, had called him a *advertiser censored*. He wanted to kill her for that remark. It wouldn’t have been the first time he had murdered someone who “dissed” him.

So Hadden stood there, seething in the hot sun, about to go into his brother’s residence on Sudley Road in Silver Spring, Maryland to pick up the last box of his belongings. As he began to move towards the house, a little girl walked up to him. What was her name? He had seen her around the neighborhood several times.

Was it Kelly? Shelly? Michele? That was it, Michele. The tyke with the bangs and the freckles over the bridge of her nose was Eliza’s weekend friend, the daughter of a divorced man down the street who had custody of her on weekends. Michele was wearing a pink ruffled swimsuit that was still wet from playing in a plastic backyard pool.

“Where’s Eliza?”

It was then that Hadden Clark knew how to get back at his niece for calling him a *advertiser censored*. Nobody who crossed him got away with stuff like that for long.

“She’s in the house. Upstairs in her room playing with dolls. You can go inside if you like.”

He watched Michele wander into the house and heard her steps as she walked up the stairs of his brother’s silent home. When she was out of sight, he walked around to the back of his truck and pulled a toolbox towards him. Hadden made his living as a chef and inside the metal box were the tools of his trade--every kind of knife a commercial restaurant would ever need. There were deboning knives, carving knives, and fish filleting knives with serrated blades, meat cleavers, and more. Each had been honed to its maximum degree of sharpness. Hadden selected a 12-inch long chef’s knife and casually strolled into the house and up the stairs of his brother’s house.

Link
http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/weird/clark/index_1.html

Disgusting, he needs to be on death row. maybe one day the police can get him for the rest of his crimes.
Do you think this case might be connected to him. It is the first thing i thought of when I read about him saying he killed a woman, buried her in the dunes and cut off her hands.
http://doenetwork.us/cases/119ufma.html

2sisters said:
Disgusting, he needs to be on death row. maybe one day the police can get him for the rest of his crimes.
Do you think this case might be connected to him. It is the first thing i thought of when I read about him saying he killed a woman, buried her in the dunes and cut off her hands.
http://doenetwork.us/cases/119ufma.html

It might be possible that he was the one. Certainly within his geographic area and age range. Circumstances sound similar too. But was he simply repeating a crime he had heard about and claiming it as his, or was he actually telling the truth in a fasion?

It seems odd that she has not been identified in all these years. But this is likely due to the huge gap in cases from that era making it onto the internet.

Speaking of Hadden Clark, he killed a women in the early 90's - Laura Houghteling(sp?). She was home alone and Hadden (who was the gardener) stabbed her with a pair of scissors, I think. He then dressed up like her and left the house. Weird eh? He was convicted,BTW.

coldcasedetective said:
Speaking of Hadden Clark, he killed a women in the early 90's - Laura Houghteling(sp?). She was home alone and Hadden (who was the gardener) stabbed her with a pair of scissors, I think. He then dressed up like her and left the house. Weird eh? He was convicted,BTW.

Clark actually took her body with him wrapped in a sheet. He buried her at his camp site. Police suspected that he had done it and found bloody bed clothes and evidence in his vehicle. I believe that he eventually led police to her grave before standing trial.

In the case of little Michele Dorr, whom he had murdered in 1986, Clark was convicted based on trace evidence of blood in the house quite a few years after he killed her. It was one of the few cases nationwide that was successfully prosecuted without a body. After his conviction and sentence to life in prison, he led police to Michele's body. He was allowed to dress in drag when he led them to her.

2sisters

The description on the doenetwork said the womans head was almost cut off with something like a military entrenching tool. Hadden was in the military.

Becba said:
2sisters

The description on the doenetwork said the womans head was almost cut off with something like a military entrenching tool. Hadden was in the military.

Hadden Clark was in the Navy for a short time until he was kicked out for mental and behavioral problems. Nothing in his Navy training would have taught him to decapitate a person with a shovel. In fact, it is doubtful that he would have had any use for an entrenching tool during his abbreviated Navy tour. This guy is either crazy or evil - or maybe both. Not to say that he didn't kill the woman, just that his perversions and diabolical actions are his own, not anything learned in the military.

I know the trend is not to institutionalize mentally ill people - but when society demands the rights of the general public be protected from these people, nothing will change. It is next to impossible to have someone put in a mental hospital (if you can find any left). So, they wander around endangering the public. You can't force them to take their anti-psychotic meds (against their civil rights) so again - the "rights" of people who are insane trump the rights of their next victim.

There was recently a case here in SW Florida where a mentally ill woman tortured then eventually killed her sweet little girl named Hannah. The parents of this woman tried over and over to get help and tried to have their daughter placed in a mental hospital - they were so afraid she would hurt their grandchild. Each and every time they reached a dead end trying to at least have someone make sure their daughter took her meds. Again - the mentally ill have their rights - she chose not to take her meds and now a sweet child lies dead in her grave. The parents were afraid of their daughter as she was so often violent toward them.

It breaks my heart that criminals and people who truly have no grip on reality have more rights than their next victims. I wonder if years from now
if things will change - but my common sense tells me things will only get worse - how sad for the next generation.

Wow! I know he has claimed to have killed a lot more people but has this ever been believed by police etc?

I had never heard of Micheles case before!

Hadden's brother lived in the same neighborhood as my grandmother. When Michelle was missing, LE went to my GM's house because my cousin was out back playing and looked almost exactly like Michelle. LE kept questioning by cousin asking her if she was sure that her name was Kara.

Such a heartbreaking story!

Lurker said:
Hadden's brother lived in the same neighborhood as my grandmother. When Michelle was missing, LE went to my GM's house because my cousin was out back playing and looked almost exactly like Michelle. LE kept questioning by cousin asking her if she was sure that her name was Kara.

Such a heartbreaking story!

Lurker, that's a really interesting story. At least LE was looking at all leads to what happened to Michelle.

WhiteWolf said:
Lurker, that's a really interesting story. At least LE was looking at all leads to what happened to Michelle.
Yeah, they sure did. They had my GM's house surrounded and questioned her and my cousin seperately. My Grandmother still tells that story and says how thorough the cops were. They were all over the neighborhood at the time.

And we were never allowed out in her fenced in back yard alone again!

marylandmissing said:
I used to see Hadden Clark rollerblading around Rockville.
Thank god you werent one of his victims. I saw him on court tv. On one of those shows and the man is definately weird. There is a book also called " Born Evil" that is about him and his crimes.

I worked in Kensington when Hadden Clark finally disclosed where Laura Hoeteling (sp?) was buried. IIRC, his camp site and her grave site were within sight of the junction of 495 and 270. I passed by there a day or so before she was found. I found it so sad that all that traffic passed by every day, yet she was left alone and hidden for such a long time.

FFWifey said:
I worked in Kensington when Hadden Clark finally disclosed where Laura Hoeteling (sp?) was buried. IIRC, his camp site and her grave site were within sight of the junction of 495 and 270. I passed by there a day or so before she was found. I found it so sad that all that traffic passed by every day, yet she was left alone and hidden for such a long time.
Hadden Clark buried little Michelle Dorr in a similar manner, near the intersection of Colesville Road (Rte 29) and New Hampshire Ave. in White Oak, Maryland. It was almost as if he wanted to put them in a place where everyone came close to them at one time or another.

In the case of Laura Hotelling, I believe that his camp site was right near her grave, so that he could be close to her.

The guy is a real fruitcake. He agreed to lead police to Michelle's grave only after he was convicted of her murder, and before sentencing - and only on the condition that he could dress in drag when he took them there. Later, he took other Law enforcement officers in other states to alleged burial sites, as long as he got to wear a dress and high heels.

On one of these "expeditions" another inmate was brought along, since he resembled Jesus, and at the time Clark had confessed his sins to him, (the inmate) so he tagged along on the hunt, along with Clark in drag and the police.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back