'Chernobyl turned sweetcorn into M&Ms'

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Slovakian farmers are blaming nuclear fallout from Chernobyl for turning their sweetcorn into "M&Ms".

Monika and Stefan Regec, from Gana, near Galanta, say their sweetcorn tastes of chocolate and has turned multi-coloured.

Stefan, 30, told Novy Cas: "We planted regular corn seed just to fill an empty patch in our little garden.

"We had no idea that when we harvested it and took off the leaves, pods of such bright and varied colours would be revealed."

Now the Regec's storeroom is full of red, brown, grey, blue and green corncobs. Others are pearly white, orange, and even black.

"When we cooked the brown corn the kids said it tasted like M&Ms. We made necklaces out of some of the pods as well," Monika Regec added.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1154704.html?menu=

Isn't that nuclear waste? Why are they eating that???? They're going to grow a second head and a few more arms - just like Lisa said. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Jeana (DP) said:
Isn't that nuclear waste? Why are they eating that???? They're going to grow a second head and a few more arms - just like Lisa said. :confused: :confused: :confused:
I don't know Jeana, but I saw a documentary on this area and the women were cooking and checking all their vegtables with geiger counters to make sure the radaton was under acceptable levels... vegetables that were too high in radiation they gave to the animals :eek:

Casshew said:
I don't know Jeana, but I saw a documentary on this area and the women were cooking and checking all their vegtables with geiger counters to make sure the radaton was under acceptable levels... vegetables that were too high in radiation they gave to the animals :eek:
So the animals will be sprouting extra appendages!

lisad71 said:
So the animals will be sprouting extra appendages!
It's worse than that ~ these animals are cows and goats for milk and swine and lamb for meat :eek:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back