Tony Bennett blames Americans for 9/11 attacks

DollyPardonMe

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
According to ABC News, the World War II vet (who described himself as “anti-war”) expressed disdain for the U.S.-Iraq war, calling it “a tremendous, tremendous mistake.” When challenged as to how America should deal with terrorists, specifically those involved with the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks, Bennett gave an unexpected answer.

“But who are the terrorists? Are we the terrorists or are they the terrorists? Two wrongs don’t make a right,” he said.

“They flew the plane in, but we caused it,” he continued. “Because we were bombing them and they told us to stop.” After a few moments of contemplative silence, Stern agreed that his guest had made “some good points.”

Tony made these comments while promoting his latest CD! Doesn't look like I'll be buying one!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44602197/ns/today-entertainment/

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!? I don't think Mr. Bennett is firing on all cylinders!

When were the people in the twin towers bombing Iraq? Atta was Egyptian and the rest of the 9/11 bombers were Saudi. Stern and Bennet are ignorant.

Time for Mr. Bennett to have a guardian appointed. Hey Casey A is looking for job!

http://wonderwall.msn.com/music/ton...-made-on-howard-stern-1642900.story?GT1=28135

Tony Bennett Apologizes for 9/11 Statements Made on 'Howard Stern'

On Tuesday, the singer posted a statement on his Facebook wall.

"I am so grateful to be an American and as a World War II veteran, I was proud to fight to protect our values, which have made America the greatest country on the planet," he wrote.

"There is simply no excuse for terrorism and the murder of the nearly 3,000 innocent victims of the 9/11 attacks on our country. My life experiences - ranging from the Battle of the Bulge to marching with Martin Luther King -- made me a life-long humanist and pacifist, and reinforced my belief that violence begets violence and that war is the lowest form of human behavior. I am sorry if my statements suggested anything other than an expression of my love for my country, my hope for humanity and my desire for peace throughout the world."

What an incredibly cruel and ignorant thing to say. Unbelievable! Give the slaughtering terrorists a 'free pass', while at the same time blaming the innocent victims.

I'm actually pretty shocked by this.

Tony Bennett lost his mind. Lost respect for him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back