GUILTY OK - Keith Bryan, 52, murdered in his Mustang home, 20 Sept 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
There's also a "did the guy shoot the wrong fire chief?" component to the story, at link.

Nichols Hills fire chief dies after shooting

MUSTANG — Nichols Hills Fire Chief Keith Bryan died after a shooting late Tuesday at his home in Mustang, officials said.

Bryan's wife, Becky, called 911 on a cellphone from their home in the 1300 block of W Rose Hill Drive about 10:05 p.m. and said someone was trying to break in, Mustang Police Chief Chuck Foley said
---
Becky Bryan told investigators that before the shooter left, he told her that Bryan should have hired him, Foley said.
---
Foley said Bryan's wife is the sole witness to the incident, and officers have only talked to her briefly. Nothing appears to have been stolen or damaged in the home, and there are no signs of a break-in, he said.
---
Becky Bryan filed for divorce from Keith Bryan in January 2010 in Canadian County District Court. The case is still pending.

She cited “complete and irreconcilable incompatibility” in seeking the divorce.
---
much more at Daily Oklahoman link above

Wow, this one will be interesting I think. Did they get the wrong fire chief or did the unhappy wife make up a story?

I wonder if they checked her hands for GSR? A year is a long time to continue to live with someone you are divorcing.

Sooooooo, the shooter left a witness that isn't talking to police.....

What's wrong with this picture???

Isn't she a realtor?

Wow, this certainly will be an interesting case to watch to say the least.

Sooooooo, the shooter left a witness that isn't talking to police.....

What's wrong with this picture???

Isn't she a realtor?

Yeppers, a person with that name does seem to be an agent for Coldwell Banker Select.

This reminds me of the hitman hired to take out a wife and took out the wrong one. The women looked alike and had the same name? Does anyone remember that one?

Well, if it was the wife, I'll give her credit for identifying the "suspect" as a white male instead of a black male. Seems like the fictitious suspects are always black.

Very confusing story - had to read it a couple of times to keep up with the different names. Really, who breaks into a house, kills someone, and gives the spouse/person in the house, a reason for doing it, and then leaves. I wonder if Becky (spouse) knew the other Keith was in charge of personnel/hiring/firing at the other location?

I'd never heard about the other case referenced. Interesting story.

I think you are talking about the Mary Morris murders from Houston, still unsolved by the way.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=125738&page=1

Off-topic:
I feel I need to turn in my WS badge since I had never heard of the case above, and I live in Houston. I have been following true crime for more than 20 years, and cannot understand how I let this local case slip by me. But most of all I am sad to know neither families in the Houston case have closure. Thanks Colette for mentioning the Houston case here in an effort to make sense of the current OK case.

I think you are talking about the Mary Morris murders from Houston, still unsolved by the way.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=125738&page=1

Thank you so much! With your info I have started a thread for them.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149678"]TX-Two Women, Same Name Slain in Houston-Oct 2000 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Off-topic:
I feel I need to turn in my WS badge since I had never heard of the case above, and I live in Houston. I have been following true crime for more than 20 years, and cannot understand how I let this local case slip by me. But most of all I am sad to know neither families in the Houston case have closure. Thanks Colette for mentioning the Houston case here in an effort to make sense of the current OK case.

Hey, there are only so many murders a person can keep up with! A few are bound to slip by.

Hey, there are only so many murders a person can keep up with! A few are bound to slip by.

Thanks for the grace, BrownRice. And it is sad but true. I come here every day to keep up on the cases I'm following, and to learn about the news ones that have developed since the day before. Unfortunately, it seems there is no end to mans' inhumanity to man.

Wife of slain Nichols Hills fire chief booked into jail on first-degree murder complaint

MUSTANG — Police arrested Rebecca Bryan at a hotel Friday on a first-degree murder complaint in the shooting death of her husband, longtime Nichols Hills Police Chief Keith Bryan.
---
In a news conference Friday afternoon, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said police found a Luger handgun matching the murder weapon in a clothes dryer at the home, and a box for the gun was found between the mattress and box spring of the bed in the master bedroom. Ammunition for the gun also was found nearby.
---
(more at Daily Oklahoman link above, with video)

"O my prophetic soul," as Hamlet said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back