NC - 17 Year Old Father Accused Of Abusing Infant Son

Angels_Not_Forgotten

Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
By any chance was the child crying? That seems to be the reason for alot of these cases.

I've posted this link many many times. How I wish that ALL hospitals, midwives, birthing centers and doctor's offices would require parents to watch this video. Personally, I wish that every child (as so many children care for infants) would be shown this, starting at about age 10. The Red Cross/YMCA teaches baby-sitting skills to 11-17 year olds and they often use this curriculum. It's essential, IMO. I like it as it fully validates a parent's or a caregiver's exhaustion and sense of being overwhelmed. It teaches simple steps to prevent a tragedy.

http://www.purplecrying.info/

Hi Missizzy. My local hospital finally started the "purple program." However, you only get the purple program if you have a normal delivery experience. With my youngest (6 weeks yesterday), we weren't offered the option of viewing the video or any other components of the program because my son was in NICU for two weeks following his birth.

If you ask me, that's a little backwards. My son came home with colic, a huge surgical incision, and an intolerance to formula. He went from a very quiet hospital unit where the lights were kept dim and he was allowed to sleep as much as he wanted, to a home with three adults and three other kids under the age of 6...you better believe he cried. A lot.

I wonder in this case if baby was crying or not. Not that it is excusable if baby was crying, because come on, we all know, YOU NEVER SHAKE A BABY. But, for some reason that I will never understand, the reflex or instinct with some people seems to be that if an infant is crying, shaking them painfully and violently will make them stop. It's not logical or rational, but there it is. I've begun to wonder if there is any real way to get people to stop shaking babies. The awareness campaigns seem to have helped a little, but not as much as they should have, IMO, since it still happens every day.

Don't newborn babies cry to develop their lungs?

Yes, also it helps to expel the mucus in the lungs from when the baby is born.

And MissIzzy, I had never even heard of this! UNTIL, my sister in law had her baby a couple weeks ago. My husband and I said at the same time, "Wow, wish we had seen this" We never abused our son, don't get me wrong, but it was still hard.

Ugghhhh why didnt he just walk away!

I can't find any updates on this... I hope the baby's sight recovered :( The alleged perp was arrested again when he was 19, but I don't know what for.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back