GUILTY UK - Hamzah Khan, 4, starved to death, Bradford, West Yorks, 15 Dec 2009

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
... as his Mother and five siblings live upstairs. The body is believed to have been there for two years.

The body of a little boy lay decomposing in a cellar for up to two years while his mother lived upstairs with his five siblings, it emerged yesterday.
Police were alerted after a neighbour spotted a child at a dormer attic window and became concerned about the family.
Officers found the remains of three-year-old Hamza Khan in the cellar of the four-storey terrace house. Born in 2005, he was a twin and is believed to have been concealed there as long ago as 2009.
Much more at link

How does a child disappear and no one notice?

Nice to see bio-dad there with his "floral tribute." Pity he hadn't insisted on seeing and being with his son in the last few years.

Daily Mail, fulfilling the public's prurient interest to know.....

The four-year-old boy found in a cellar as family lived upstairs: First picture of child who lay dead for two years
---
The father of Hamzah Khan yesterday blamed police and social services for a catalogue of failures that led to the youngster’s death.

Aftab Khan said the authorities allowed his son to ‘disappear’ by failing to check claims that the boy was living hundreds of miles away.

Mr Khan, 43, also claimed that police ignored his warnings three years ago that the boy was in danger, after he was barred from contacting his mother.

He told the Daily Mail: ‘If the police and social services had listened to me then my son would be alive today.’
---
more at link above

hamzah.jpg

What could have happened to this dear little boy?

this poor little angel. his precious eyes break my heart.

Nice to see bio-dad there with his "floral tribute."

Stop reading my mind. I thought exactly the same thing. Exactly. Special thanks for that follow-up in your second post.

O.K. ummmmm so hwy is Ma out on bail and exactly who is the 22 year old man living with her who was questioned? Obviously it could be one of her children at her age.

What an absolutely stunning, beautiful child Hamza is. Poor little one.

Wow this is so sad......and creepy too.

I guess I could not live in a house where I knew a body was.....I would be having Telltale Heart moments.

Egg donor in court. What is up with all these starved babies? :furious:

He was found dead next to his favourite teddy in the room where Hutton, a habitual cannabis smoker who drank a litre of vodka every day, slept each night
DM Link

The prosecutor told the jury: 'She made no call for assistance - for a doctor or an ambulance.
'What did she do? Within hours she was ordering a pizza. So, no call for assistance but a call, or even calls, for pizza.

So she wasn't starving herself.

I frequent this section of WS ofter. I think I come here the most. I've heard of some of the most craziest ways to torture a child. How do people think up these things? Where do they get the ideas from???

Starvation---OK thats not too weird but, why?
Standing on bottle caps barefoot--WTF?
Running laps----WTF?
dunking head in the toilet---WTF??
putting your kid in a closet for hours---WTF??
hanging your kid on a hook by his clothing---WTF???

The list goes on. I mean really. Is there a book of torture out there I dont know about? Like who thinks this is exceptable punishment for a child?? Or any one??

Mother found guilty of starving her four-year-old son to death and leaving his body to decompose in his cot
OCT 3 2013 - Daily Mail UK. Read more...

'This was a truly tragic case involving the death of a little boy, Hamzah Khan, whose body, showing signs of extreme malnutrition, was discovered amidst scenes of the most appalling squalor at the family home in Bradford'
- Malcolm Taylor, from the Crown Prosecution Service

'It has been a very harrowing investigation - officers and the public alike have found it emotionally very difficult. It has been a very long, protracted investigation for all the necessary reasons. It has been difficult. I have never seen anything like it in my 28 years in the service. It is heart-breaking and nothing short of that.'
Ms Griffin said the ultimate responsibility for the care and welfare of Hamzah lay with Hutton and 'clearly she failed in that'.
She added: 'As a mother myself, I find that appalling that she should have allowed this set of circumstances to play out as it did and for that poor child to suffer in the way that he clearly did.'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...o-death-waiting-for-help-that-never-came.html

In the year after Hamzah’s birth, she asked police for help in getting away from her abusive husband, asked her GP for help with depression and asked the local social services child protection unit for advice.
Hamzah, meanwhile, was slowly starving. Having been seen at home by a midwife six days after his birth, and by a health visitor two weeks later, he was never again seen by a health professional. Health visitors who went to the home more than six times following missed immunisations eventually gave up after Hutton slammed the door in their face.
Hamzah was not registered with a GP until he was 15 months old, but he was never taken there, and Hutton’s GP deleted the child from her patient list rather than inquiring after his welfare. In April 2009 Hutton failed to pick up her children from school and two teaching assistants brought them home. They described Hutton as “heavily in drink” and “incoherent” and contacted police, but officers reported that the children were “healthy”.

Other professionals who visited noted no concerns about the children, despite their untreated head lice, fungal infections and signs of “frostbite like” damage to their toes.
Even when Khan, who was convicted of assaulting his wife after an incident in December 2008, told police that Hamzah was malnourished, officers could find nothing amiss. Khan’s relationship with Hutton ended the same month, when a judge granted an injunction preventing him from seeing her, leaving Hutton with little contact with the outside world.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...han-s-grave-neglected-tot-s-tragedy-continues

The tragic youngster’s plot looks like it has not received a single visitor since he was buried in a city cemetery. Other graves surrounding the neglected patch of earth are well tended by relatives and friends who pluck out weeds and lay flowers.

But four-year-old Hamzah – who was not much bigger than a baby when he died – already appears to have been forgotten.

His mum Amanda Hutton is *serving 15 years for his manslaughter and last night his grandfather Tony Jackson, 76, told the Daily Star Sunday: “It is a shame that his grave has been forgotten already – just another part of his tragic life.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back