Who was Pfingst representing at the mansion?

Who was Paul Pfingst representing?

• A. S.

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • D. S.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • G. S./E. S.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • N.R.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Medicis

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Paul Pfingst

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IWannaKnow

Reaction score
Who was Paul Pfingst representing when he showed up at the mansion on Wednesday, 7/13?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/coronado-mansion-death?clienttype=printable&redirected=true
Questions remain after deaths of Coronado mansion owner's son, girlfriend
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 1:33 PM EDT Updated: Jul 18, 2011 8:24 PM EDT

Wednesday evening, former District Attorney and current defense attorney Paul Pfingst showed up at the crime scene. Pfingst confirmed to News 8 that he had been hired to represent someone connected with this case, although he would not specify who his client is.

"I'm not Jonah's lawyer. I've never spoke with him. As far as I know he's not a suspect of any type," Pfingst said in a statement.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/14/woman-found-dead-spreckels-mansion-identified/
Suicide or homicide? Mansion death still undetermined
By Debbi Baker, Reporter - Police & fire
Kristina Davis, Reporter - Public safety
Steve Schmidt, Sr. Reporter - East County
Originally published July 14, 2011 at 6:52 a.m., updated July 14, 2011 at 10:57 p.m.

Former San Diego County District Attorney Paul Pfingst visited the Coronado home Wednesday night. He said that the family had been cooperating fully with investigators and that he was asked to help them in that effort.

Zahau’s family in Missouri could not be reached Thursday. Relatives were reportedly traveling to San Diego.

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...t-speculation-on-death-of-his-girlfriend/9609

CEO Shacknai Wields Small Army Against Speculation on Death of His Girlfriend
By Jim Edwards | September 8, 2011

A lawyer appears hours after the death

On the day Rebecca’s body was found, attorney Paul Pfingst, a former two-term district attorney in San Diego and now a local criminal defense attorney, showed up at the crime scene and claimed to represent an unknown member of the Shacknai family. When asked about Pfingst’s role in the case, San Diego officials said they had not had contact with him. Pfingst did not return a message requesting comment.

http://www.higgslaw.com/apg_a53_Paul_J_Pfingst.html

Who was Paul Pfingst representing when he showed up at the mansion on Wednesday, 7/13?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/coronado-mansion-death?clienttype=printable&redirected=true
Questions remain after deaths of Coronado mansion owner's son, girlfriend
Posted: Jul 13, 2011 1:33 PM EDT Updated: Jul 18, 2011 8:24 PM EDT

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/14/woman-found-dead-spreckels-mansion-identified/
Suicide or homicide? Mansion death still undetermined
By Debbi Baker, Reporter - Police & fire
Kristina Davis, Reporter - Public safety
Steve Schmidt, Sr. Reporter - East County
Originally published July 14, 2011 at 6:52 a.m., updated July 14, 2011 at 10:57 p.m.

http://www.bnet.com/blog/drug-busin...t-speculation-on-death-of-his-girlfriend/9609

CEO Shacknai Wields Small Army Against Speculation on Death of His Girlfriend
By Jim Edwards | September 8, 2011

http://www.higgslaw.com/apg_a53_Paul_J_Pfingst.html

Thanks, IWannaKnow, I had him pushed so far back in my mind that I'd almost forgotten him. Anyone know what is up with this. tia

Hearing from local San Diegans, Mr. Paul Pfingst isn't representing anyone in the Coronado Mansion Deaths (as it's referred to here).

He showed up, said he wasn't representing JS, and haven't heard anything since. Maybe he's in the background representing Dina - who knows.

Do I personally think he's representing anyone? Nope.

IMHO, Mr. Pfingst is still suffering from backlash from the Chelsea King case, and is not very well liked in the community. While under his watch, Gardner was able to gain enough freedom to go on to kill Amber Dubois and Chelse King. Paul's response?

"It's because there were 25,000 cases in the County of San Diego," Pfingst said. "We're just too busy," he claims.

If someone hired him to represent in the Coronado Mansion Deaths - good luck. I put him right up there with Steven Feldman who lied his tail off for David Westerfield.

I don't like him - period. Not many in San Diego do (IMHO).

Just my opinion - thanks.

Mel

Source: http://www.crimeandfederalism.com/2010/03/paul-pfingst-killed-chelsa-king.html

Hearing from local San Diegans, Mr. Paul Pfingst isn't representing anyone in the Coronado Mansion Deaths (as it's referred to here).

He showed up, said he wasn't representing JS, and haven't heard anything since. Maybe he's in the background representing Dina - who knows.

Do I personally think he's representing anyone? Nope.

IMHO, Mr. Pfingst is still suffering from backlash from the Chelsea King case, and is not very well liked in the community. While under his watch, Gardner was able to gain enough freedom to go on to kill Amber Dubois and Chelse King. Paul's response?

"It's because there were 25,000 cases in the County of San Diego," Pfingst said. "We're just too busy," he claims.

If someone hired him to represent in the Coronado Mansion Deaths - good luck. I put him right up there with Steven Feldman who lied his tail off for David Westerfield.

I don't like him - period. Not many in San Diego do (IMHO).

Just my opinion - thanks.

Mel

Source: http://www.crimeandfederalism.com/2010/03/paul-pfingst-killed-chelsa-king.html

Thanks, Melanie. It's what I thought from the beginning: he wanted to get his name out there in a big case and perhaps restore his image!

Thanks, Melanie. It's what I thought from the beginning: he wanted to get his name out there in a big case and perhaps restore his image!

I was listening to Rick Roberts back when this happened and he said the same thing -- he went out there to see if he could get his hands on a possible murder case. We're talking early days here, before RZ's death was ruled a suicide.

Wednesday evening, former District Attorney and current defense attorney Paul Pfingst showed up at the crime scene. Pfingst confirmed to News 8 that he had been hired to represent someone connected with this case, although he would not specify who his client is.

Mr. Pfingst still hasn't talked about who he's representing and has vanished from the spotlight.

That's telling ;)

MOO

Source: http://www.760kfmb.com/story/150755...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

Mel

I have no idea or opinion on this one. It would have to be someone with the means and motive to hire him on short notice, though.

Just a stab in the dark, I voted DS since hearing she thinks Rebecca was responsible for Max's accident.

Just a stab in the dark, I voted DS since hearing she thinks Rebecca was responsible for Max's accident.

I'm the other one that voted DS along with you. And it was for the same reason that you did.

Had Adam even arrived in San Diego when Paul Pfingst was interviewed at the scene?

Yes, Adam was already there. Adam arrived on July 12.. Discovered Rebecca hanging on morning of July 13 and Pfingst arrived on the scene at some point after this..

IMO I believe it was likely that Pfingst was possibly quickly hired in the beginning for Adam Shacknai to assist him thru his LDT and/or any interviewing or reinterviewing.. I believe the reason he's no longer seen is because he's no longer needed.. He served his purpose in helping Adam in thise first few days of questioning and LDT.. After Adam was ruled out by LE in Rebecca's death(how that I haven't a clue) but at that point Pfingst would no longer be needed.. Jmo..

Yes, Adam was already there. Adam arrived on July 12.. Discovered Rebecca hanging on morning of July 13 and Pfingst arrived on the scene at some point after this..

IMO I believe it was likely that Pfingst was possibly quickly hired in the beginning for Adam Shacknai to assist him thru his LDT and/or any interviewing or reinterviewing.. I believe the reason he's no longer seen is because he's no longer needed.. He served his purpose in helping Adam in thise first few days of questioning and LDT.. After Adam was ruled out by LE in Rebecca's death(how that I haven't a clue) but at that point Pfingst would no longer be needed.. Jmo..

I voted for ES/GS, but really am thinking just GS, as I have wondered and posted earlier if somehow she was teasing MS and may have caused the accident. If so, she may have told JS that and really felt bad and scared and that is why she was taken away so quickly, which I also think was via a private plane.

ETA I would prefer a public defender to Pfingst.

I voted for ES/GS, but really am thinking just GS, as I have wondered and posted earlier if somehow she was teasing MS and may have caused the accident. If so, she may have told JS that and really felt bad and scared and that is why she was taken away so quickly, which I also think was via a private plane.

ETA I would prefer a public defender to Pfingst.

This article from Newsweek, is I believe the first time we've heard specifics about when GS & ES left that morning.

According to reports pieced together from several sources, between 6 and 7 a.m. on Monday, July 11, the twice-divorced Shacknai and his 6-year-old son, Max, drove his other children—E, 13, and G, 14—to the San Diego airport for a flight to Phoenix, where they were meeting their mother. G and E hugged and kissed their little Maxie goodbye. It would be for the last time.

This article from Newsweek, is I believe the first time we've heard specifics about when GS & ES left that morning.

The were a plethora of factual miscues and shadings in that article. Then when you look in the comments it ends up the author's tied into Team Shacknai at least indirectly. Those new details like the early morning activity.....where'd they come from? I'll give you two hints: J and S. The article vaguely reminded me of the shaping artifice utilized in the SD LE "presentation".

As to why Pfingst was there? "Follow the money".....is a safe bet to discover why he was there.

I have no idea or opinion on this one. It would have to be someone with the means and motive to hire him on short notice, though.

Who said he was hired? I think he was on a publicity roll to get his name and good standing back. MOO.

Who said he was hired? I think he was on a publicity roll to get his name and good standing back. MOO.

Melanies post above in this thread has Channel 8 quoting Pfingst that he had been hired by the family but would not name the party. Do you think Pfingst was just blowing smoke? Seems unlikely to me but who knows?

My guess is AS. He is the one who was interviewed by LE and then given a polygraph.

My guess is Pfingst was hired for everyone involved both in the family and the ex-family and it seems like it could be a pretty long list.

Given the Plausible improbability of this entire case, I've changed my mind. I'm choosing "Other <fill in the blank>".

I think he was hired to just creep everyone out who could be connected to this case
(or intimidate them)
or to have a reason to be at the crime scene nosing around. He was never going to represent anyone. Think about it, he can claim client confidentiality, so no one ever knows the real intent.:loser:

My guess is Pfingst was hired for everyone involved both in the family and the ex-family and it seems like it could be a pretty long list.

I don't find it surprising that a parent--who was preoccupied with the death of his son and donating his organs to others--would hire an attorney to handle matters relating to a search warrant of his home and a polygraph for his brother. Seems very prudent to hire such a lawyer.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member