GUILTY WI - Twins Taliyah & Trayton Evans, 11 mos, drowned, East Troy, 22 Sept 2011

I dont know....there's not much info...she's pregnant and has 11 month old twins? that's rough...I can see a parent theoretically just tapping out without meaning to...but....while I truly think people should never EVER leave little ones alone in the tub cause you never know...would two drownings ALWAYS result? that's what is hinky for me. I know this is an accident waiting to happen (babies in the tub) but would they both drown 100% of the time? poster above says there were two other children...where were they?

um, you don't leave 11 month-olds in the tub alone

so did she fall asleep on the bathroom floor? or did she actually leave the room?

pretty sure I already know the answer ... which means negligence or homicide

what does the video say, I don't have sound right now.....

what does the video say, I don't have sound right now.....

Pretty much the same thing as the article. That the first persons on the scene tried to save the children but they were pronounced dead at the hospital. That the other two children have been taken from the house, but no one is under arrest. had friends and neighbors talking about how tragic it is.

Its never a good sign when the friend who shows up at your door who is then interviewed by the local news crew as a defacto character witness does not seem 100% *with it* IMO.

It's true... when I am tired I am VERY tired... and there are times when I just take the kids in the bedroom and lock all of us in there so I can get some sleep. There are nights that they need a bath and don't get one because I know I'm too tired.

At 11 months old... they were not likely to be out playing in the dirt... and if anything might have needed to be quickly rinsed off if they had a really ugly diaper or something.

That's the only reason I can think of for giving them a bath if I was that tired. Definitely no reason to have them in there for more than a few minutes or leave them in there at all.

Pregnant again too... wow. That would have been extremely overwhelming. 3 kids 18 months or younger.

Such a horrible tragedy. So very sad.

Rest in peace little ones.

It's true... when I am tired I am VERY tired... and there are times when I just take the kids in the bedroom and lock all of us in there so I can get some sleep. There are nights that they need a bath and don't get one because I know I'm too tired.

At 11 months old... they were not likely to be out playing in the dirt... and if anything might have needed to be quickly rinsed off if they had a really ugly diaper or something.

That's the only reason I can think of for giving them a bath if I was that tired. Definitely no reason to have them in there for more than a few minutes or leave them in there at all.

Pregnant again too... wow. That would have been extremely overwhelming. 3 kids 18 months or younger.

My kids could get filthy at that age, and since they loved the bath I would pop them in shallow water and sit beside them by bringing in a chair or sitting on the toilet/counter. Keeps them happy, entertained and contained- definite plusses if the other options is chasing two young toddlers while sick/tired/whatever. Remembering the early pregnancy narcolepsy, I fell asleep a couple of times in situations that I never would have imagined, and I didn't even feel "that" tired. I can see sitting down while the kids splashed each other and falling asleep without warning. Tragic, tragic, tragic.

This is so sad and such a tragedy. Does anyone know what happened in court? My mother had pregnancy narcolepsy. It was terrible. I was almost 3 and I remember it.

The economy is doing terrible things to families these days! I can't even begin to imagine how exhausted she must have been trying to work overnight and take care of 4 little kids and a house too...even ONE child and a job would be a monumental undertaking!! *smh*

They must be waiting until after the baby is born to do anything. Don't want lawsuits and don't want babies born in jail.

When is she due or does anyone know?

The economy is doing terrible things to families these days! I can't even begin to imagine how exhausted she must have been trying to work overnight and take care of 4 little kids and a house too...even ONE child and a job would be a monumental undertaking!! *smh*

I totally, totally agree. HOWEVER, the fact she is once again pregnant, and struggling with the children she has...I can't blame this solely on the economy.

I have worked the overnight shift five nights a week, for over two years now, and I feel chronically tired.

Just can't shake the feeling of exhaustion, and know now that our bodies aren't meant to stay up through the entire night, and try to sleep during the day. But, in this terrible economy, you do what you have to do.

Sometimes, I'll be sitting here in the late morning, believing I'm still wide awake, the next I'll be startling out of a deep sleep, too tired to walk myself into my bedroom to sleep 'correctly'. It's a terrible feeling. One minute you feel fine, the next, you feel drugged.

This poor woman not only worked the 'graveyard' shift, but she was pregnant, with babies/toddlers to watch after. I can't help but feel sorry for her, if foul play is indeed ruled out.

I have worked the overnight shift five nights a week, for over two years now, and I feel chronically tired.

Just can't shake the feeling of exhaustion, and know now that our bodies aren't meant to stay up through the entire night, and try to sleep during the day. But, in this terrible economy, you do what you have to do.

Sometimes, I'll be sitting here in the late morning, believing I'm still wide awake, the next I'll be startling out of a deep sleep, too tired to walk myself into my bedroom to sleep 'correctly'. It's a terrible feeling. One minute you feel fine, the next, you feel drugged.

This poor woman not only worked the 'graveyard' shift, but she was pregnant, with babies/toddlers to watch after. I can't help but feel sorry for her, if foul play is indeed ruled out.

I don't think this was a case of killing her babies. I think she was exhausted. It was too much to try to work all night and take care of babies during the day. She needed help.

I might be wrong but until they tell me any different, I'll believe it was a tragic accident. Something she'll never get over.

I totally, totally agree. HOWEVER, the fact she is once again pregnant, and struggling with the children she has...I can't blame this solely on the economy.

Exactly. By the way a person can get convicted and get some serious time for leaving their child while the child is in a bath tub, even if it's not an intentional drowning. Recently a woman got 10 years for leaving her child in a bath tub, where he drowned. She believed him to be an "independent baby," and was using an internet while he was left alone in a bath tub.

Exactly. By the way a person can get convicted and get some serious time for leaving their child while the child is in a bath tub, even if it's not an intentional drowning. Recently a woman got 10 years for leaving her child in a bath tub, where he drowned. She believed him to be an "independent baby," and was using an internet while he was left alone in a bath tub.

You're right. I remember that. It is just so sad!

You're right. I remember that. It is just so sad!

I think that was a different situation. That woman (IIRC) intentionally left the baby alone, she didn't fall asleep. IMHO intent makes a world of difference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back