GUILTY NJ - Khalil Wallace, 19, Woodbine, 20 Sept 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Former Millville High School football and basketball star Khalil Wallace has been missing since September 20 and state police are searching for him.

His family is distributing a flier that reads, “He was seen getting into a dark colored 2012 Chrysler van with a PA license plate

Sergeant Brian Polite of the state police only said that he was last seen around 3:15 p.m. in front of the Dollar Plus located on Washington Avenue in Woodbine.

“The investigation is currently active. He has been entered into the National Crime Information Center as a missing person,” he said.

Snipped: http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2011/09/former_millville_high_basketba.html (Photo and more info at link)

1x5pP2DmB-0-tsthumb.jpg

http://www.nbc40.net/news/19234/

Family members have been calling the local media trying to bring more awareness to his disappearance.

Wallace was last seen in front of the Woodbine Dollar Plus on Washington Avenue, according to a State Police release. No further information has been released in Wallace's disappearance and further inquiries by the media have not resulted in any indication by the State Police that his disappearance is suspicious in nature. Family members however alleged the Dollar stores surveillance cameras captured the disappearance which they say involved violence.

http://www.cmcbreakingnews.com/2011/09/family-suspects-foul-play-behind.html#.ToJVYBhPZ2_.facebook

Googling his name, it's clear he was a very popular high school student.

They should release the video to the public for clues. I wonder why that hasn't been done?

Craigslist posting says his cell was found in Germantown:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/com/2617466250.html

Tons of google hits on him, quite a few YouTube videos of his games as well. Khalil is quite the athletic star, and a good looking, well liked guy too. He has a lot of family and community support and attention, hopefully this translates into some big media attention as well. I definitely think the need to get that store footage on TV, could be a person or vehicle on their that someone recognizes!

Khalil is also a father to a (just guessing from the pictures) 1 to 1-1/2-year-old girl. From what I can gather, it looks like Khalil is on good terms (and perhaps still dating) the mom.

~~just noodlin' about motive~~

I hope that if his cell was found in Germantown, that means HE is there too. I'm looking at the map around Woodbine, and there are several lakes, as well as a good sized state forest, that would probably be difficult to search.

Woodbine to Germantown looks to be about 1.5 hr trip by car.

Khalil is a big dude, athletic, muscular, strong. I think he could fight off one person (minus a weapon), but a group of people could probably overpower him. I wish we could see the video. I take it he did not get into the vehicle willingly if the family says the video showed violence.

I wonder what his ties were to PA? Did he have friends there?

Ties to Philly, or maybe it's just the nearest big city that the kids/young people from the suburbs go to for clubbing, concerts, entertainment, etc?

But then, if he was forced into a vehicle, or got in after some kind of violence, chances are he wouldn't end up in Germantown just for a night out. :waitasec:

A week is a long time for someone like this to have left on their own, and not been in contact. He's got a ton of family and friends, a successful school athletic career, and a daughter and girlfriend. I suppose its possible he left on his own: there is often a LOT of pressure on student athletes; add the pressure of being a young father, maybe he needed to get away or let loose?

I tend to doubt it though. I HOPE that's the case, but he doesn't seem like he would just take off. Too many loved ones/commitments. :(

The fact that he has become separated from his cell phone, in my opinion, is really damning evidence.

One other thing. It's a pretty long drive from PA to NJ just to hope you might see someone that you know at the Dollar Plus. Seems like somebody knew he was there or was going there...or maybe was following him.

One other thing. It's a pretty long drive from PA to NJ just to hope you might see someone that you know at the Dollar Plus. Seems like somebody knew he was there or was going there...or maybe was following him.

Woodbine to Philly is a 1 hour and 15 minute drive. It's still far..but not as far as one may think.

A standout football player for the Rowan University Owls last year, Wallace asked his grandfather to take his bicycle home before willingly climbing into the vehicle, his family said. Friends and family have not heard from him since and are praying for his safe return.

“Due to his age, it seems out of the ordinary. It’s not normal for a 19-year-old,” State Police Det. Chris Eskridge said.

Wallace played wide-receiver for Rowan, where he was named Offensive Rookie of the Week in the New Jersey Athletic Conference.

Wallace was not attending Rowan this semester, his mother said. She did not want her name used out of fear that those possibly responsible for her son’s disappearance might do harm to her family, she said.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/cumberland/former-millville-high-school-football-star-reported-missing/article_0adf7060-ea3c-11e0-bf2e-001cc4c03286.html

The aunt of missing Woodbine man Khalil Thomas said she was told by the State Police that they found the burnt-out shell of the van they believe he was last seen getting into.

She also said a woman had found Wallace’s cellular phone in the Germantown section of Philadelphia.

“I heard the van was found and it had been set on fire, but nothing was found inside,” said Angela Hawkins, Wallace’s aunt.

http://www.nj.com/cumberland/index.ssf/2011/09/burnt_van_and_cell_phone_found.html

State Police say Wallace was caught on surveillance video apparently voluntarily getting into a 2012 Dodge mini van with Pennsylvania plates, a driver and at least one other person, just outside the Woodbine Dollar Plus around 3:15 p.m. on September 20th. Eduardo Ortiz, owner of the Dollar Plus said, "The only thing I seen in the video, he did get in a van but I couldn't tell you what kind of van it was... just so fast, that was about it."

His cell phone was also recovered from Philadelphia, but was not located near the burned out van

http://www.nbc40.net/news/19283/

I can't imagine someone in good enough physical condition to be a star in two sports doing any kind of hard drug - which leads me to wonder if the drug charge is for pot, perhaps? Not exactly associated with lots of violence, which you'd expect to find with dealing harder stuff like heroin, coke, etc. I suppose if he owed someone a lot of money, his disappearance could be related to that??

Dispute over a girl, maybe? Trying to think what would put a young guy in danger. :waitasec: in my own neighborhood two young guys were arrested the other night for fighting over a pregnant woman, and a week before that someone else was assaulted pretty badly over a different dispute over another woman!

The burned out van detail is pretty ominous. Please don't let this little girl grow up without her father! Hope Khalil is found SOON.

I wonder if he was going to give up the bigger dealer in lieu of a lighter or dropped sentence and that leaked out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back