WV WV - Brian Cook, 37, Sherry Myers, 34, (& 2 found dec'd), Wyoming Co, Jul/Aug 2011

Shadow205

Reaction score
Chester Stewart, 49, has not been seen since Aug. 6, Aliff said. However, he was only recently reported missing, the sheriff said. Stewart had a habit of leaving for several weeks without telling anyone, which is why there wasn’t an earlier report filed, Aliff explained.
Stewart is 6 feet, 2 inches tall, weighs 218 pounds, and has salt-and-pepper hair, Aliff said. He also has a tattoo, of “FTW,” on one shoulder.

Brian David Cook, 37, was last seen July 28, when he was left at the Lynco Post Office by someone who had driven him to Boone County earlier in the day. Cook is 5 feet, 9 inches tall, weighs about 185 pounds, has brown hair and hazel eyes. He has surgical scars on the inside of both forearms.
When he went missing, Cook was carrying a large amount of cash, according to authorities

Sherry Myers, 34, was last seen in mid-August talking to someone in a pickup truck at Oceana Apartments, according to Aliff.
Myers is 5 feet, 7 inches tall, weighs about 170 pounds, and has short black hair, Aliff said. She has a butterfly tattoo on one arm.

Rachel Michelle Toler, 37, has not been seen since Aug. 9. Witnesses say she got into a gray or blue Silverado truck near Oceana with a man named “Kevin, from Greenbrier County.”
Toler is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs about 115 pounds.
She has a rose tattoo on her right arm with “Big D” on it, and on her right leg is a tattoo of moons and stars on a vine, Aliff said.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Wyoming County Sheriff’s Department at 304-732-8000.
http://www.register-herald.com/local/x673416960/Vigil-planned-for-4-missing-in-Wyoming/print

more info to follow

This is in WV, not WY as in the title....

Wyoming County, WV....

Updated Thursday, October 6, 2011; 05:33 AM

Authorities in Wyoming County said they're not giving up hope on finding four people from the same town who went missing just weeks apart.
<snip>
OCEANA -- Rachel Michelle Toler and Sherry Myers have not been seen since Aug. 9. Chester Stuart and Brian Cook also vanished in early August.

more at the link: http://wvnstv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=109468

This is in WV, not WY as in the title....

Wyoming County, WV....

I wish these newspapers and TV station web sites would put city/state on their home pages. It would make looking for articles and info sooo much easier.:rocker:

There is so much more to this than just 4 missing people. Unfortunately I have yet to find a MSM story that goes into detail about the connection between the missing. There is one and their families speak freely about it. There is more info on FB & Topix than in MSM but I can't share that info here even though I know there is truth to it. I don't know these people but I do know the town that they are missing from. There has never been anything like this happen. It is a little Mayberry kind of town with 0 crime rate, well it used to be until the prescription drug abuse took over. It is so bad that it has been referred to as "epidemic". Now, there are actually prostitutes walking the streets and junkies sleeping in door ways. It breaks my heart to see people who had good life's now addicted and living under a bridge or in a makeshift tent. There are no search party's looking for these people. The family of one tried to organize a search and only a handful of people showed up. Are we to the point where we as a society turn our backs on those who suffer from an addiction? All that the families are asking for at this point is to bring their loved one home for a proper burial. I'll get off of my soap box now, sorry this was so long :truce:

I believe that Wyoming County is Oceana, WV. I have friends there-but haven't been there in a year! This is very very sad :(

There is so much more to this than just 4 missing people. Unfortunately I have yet to find a MSM story that goes into detail about the connection between the missing. There is one and their families speak freely about it. There is more info on FB & Topix than in MSM but I can't share that info here even though I know there is truth to it. I don't know these people but I do know the town that they are missing from. There has never been anything like this happen. It is a little Mayberry kind of town with 0 crime rate, well it used to be until the prescription drug abuse took over. It is so bad that it has been referred to as "epidemic". Now, there are actually prostitutes walking the streets and junkies sleeping in door ways. It breaks my heart to see people who had good life's now addicted and living under a bridge or in a makeshift tent. There are no search party's looking for these people. The family of one tried to organize a search and only a handful of people showed up. Are we to the point where we as a society turn our backs on those who suffer from an addiction? All that the families are asking for at this point is to bring their loved one home for a proper burial. I'll get off of my soap box now, sorry this was so long :truce:

I always loved visiting Oceana! The people there are very kind-and very friendly. But since I have been in school, I haven't got to visit there. Prescription drugs are destroying these little communities-and it really is heartbreaking!! Sad that the churches couldn't have got together to form a search!

"Aliff said the remains had been there for a while, and they are looking into a connection with any of the four missing people from Oceana.

Chester Stewart, Brian Cook, Sherry Myers and Rachel Toler have been missing for several months."

http://wvnstv.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=110358

IMO, this is going to be the remains of one of the four people who have been missing since August. The question is which one. I am anxious to see what the cause of death is. Prayers to all of the families.

Chester Stewart, 49, has not been seen since Aug. 6, Aliff said. However, he was only recently reported missing, the sheriff said. Stewart had a habit of leaving for several weeks without telling anyone, which is why there wasn&#8217;t an earlier report filed, Aliff explained.
Stewart is 6 feet, 2 inches tall, weighs 218 pounds, and has salt-and-pepper hair, Aliff said. He also has a tattoo, of &#8220;FTW,&#8221; on one shoulder.

Brian David Cook, 37, was last seen July 28, when he was left at the Lynco Post Office by someone who had driven him to Boone County earlier in the day. Cook is 5 feet, 9 inches tall, weighs about 185 pounds, has brown hair and hazel eyes. He has surgical scars on the inside of both forearms.
When he went missing, Cook was carrying a large amount of cash, according to authorities

Sherry Myers, 34, was last seen in mid-August talking to someone in a pickup truck at Oceana Apartments, according to Aliff.
Myers is 5 feet, 7 inches tall, weighs about 170 pounds, and has short black hair, Aliff said. She has a butterfly tattoo on one arm.

Rachel Michelle Toler, 37, has not been seen since Aug. 9. Witnesses say she got into a gray or blue Silverado truck near Oceana with a man named &#8220;Kevin, from Greenbrier County.&#8221;
Toler is 5 feet, 7 inches tall and weighs about 115 pounds.
She has a rose tattoo on her right arm with &#8220;Big D&#8221; on it, and on her right leg is a tattoo of moons and stars on a vine, Aliff said.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Wyoming County Sheriff&#8217;s Department at 304-732-8000.
http://www.register-herald.com/local/x673416960/Vigil-planned-for-4-missing-in-Wyoming/print

more info to follow

just bumping this up..

anyone else find it a little disturbing that wyoming county had five missing adults within a month of one another????

ETA: my bad collins is a 2006 case

Bo Butler was found murdered in Wyoming County also. He was missing from the athens area but I'm pretty sure he worked in Wyoming County. He had been missing for three weeks before they found his body. His truck has still not been found. He went missing on April 3rd of this year.

anyone else find it a little disturbing that wyoming county had five missing adults within a month of one another????

Collins was a 2006 case.

It is still very strange for the 4 people to be missing from Oceana. The population is only about 2500. The body found yesterday, IMO, is one of those four. The body was found in Matheny, WV which is about 5 miles(or less) from Oceana.

Bo Butler was found murdered in Wyoming County also. He was missing from the athens area but I'm pretty sure he worked in Wyoming County. He had been missing for three weeks before they found his body. His truck has still not been found. He went missing on April 3rd of this year.

"Bo" Butler lived in Summers county, worked in Wyoming county and his body was found in McDowell county.

http://www.register-herald.com/local/x976268595/Area-news-Friday-April-29-2011

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back