VA VA - Dana Turner, 43, Chesapeake, 22 Sept 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Chesapeake police are searching for an endangered missing woman.

Police said Dana Lynn Turner, 43, has been missing since September 22.

A vehicle that Turner rented was returned by unknown means. Turner's personal vehicle, however, was left behind at the business.

Police said no one has heard from Turner, nor has her cell phone been used.

Snipped: http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/chesapeake/police-search-for-missing-woman (Photo at link)

Her sister reported her missing Sept. 23 after a car Turner had rented was returned to an agency - but not by Turner, whose personal vehicle remained at the car-rental business, according to a police news release.

No one has heard from her, and her cellphone has not been used.

Snipped: http://hamptonroads.com/2011/09/chesapeake-police-seek-help-finding-missing-woman

Don't rental car agencies have surveillance cameras? I would think it would be easy for LE to at least get a surveillance image of the person who returned Dana's rental car.

Hmmm very little info out there on her. I wonder why she rented the car....if her vehicle was at the rental agency, she clearly didn't rent one because hers was out of commission and being worked on or something. I was thinking the same thing about the rental agency - I'd be really surprised if they didn't have surveillance cameras.

jmo

The rental car being returned is odd. My experience is that when a car is returned, you can't just drive it onto the lot and leave. You have to hand over various paperwork, and an attendant will check the car for any damage, and also check the mileage you used. In your presence. And,for sure the lot would have surveillance cameras. moo I think it must be known who brought the car back ? MOO

It is weird that another woman named Dana Turner is missing in Canada and also had a rental car...no connection, just very odd.

They seem certain that Dana did not return her own rental car....this is either something picked up on their security camera...or someone else walked in and returned the car at the desk.

The rental car being returned is odd. My experience is that when a car is returned, you can't just drive it onto the lot and leave. You have to hand over various paperwork, and an attendant will check the car for any damage, and also check the mileage you used. In your presence. And,for sure the lot would have surveillance cameras. moo I think it must be known who brought the car back ? MOO

In the past, when I've returned a rental car to an off-airport location, you have to go up to the front desk (since the off-airport locations don't usually have the "drive up and return" places like the ones at the airport do..), then an employee walks out to the car with you, walks around the entire car (looking for scrapes, dents, etc.), checks the mileage, then you have to sign off on it. So, it's not like you can just drop it and leave. It takes a good 15 minutes to return a rental car.

If it was returned "after hours" - isn't there just a drop box for the key/papers?

It is weird that another woman named Dana Turner is missing in Canada and also had a rental car...no connection, just very odd.

Really? Wow... that's really odd.... strange enough for same name.. but a rental car similarity too is really strange! wow!!! How do ages/descriptions compare?

Thanks for sharing this...

Missing Chesapeake Woman Has Ties to Greene County
February 4, 2012
44-year-old Dana Turner - Canady has been missing since September 22, 2011.

Police in Chesapeake have been searching for her but now her family and friends are working to get her name out in our community.

Turner, who also went by the name of Dana Canady, lived in Greene County for about 10 years in the 1990s.

Spanninger says her sister's phone has not been located, her credit cards have not been used and her car was found abandoned.

If it was returned "after hours" - isn't there just a drop box for the key/papers?

This I have returned a rental car after hours and just left the keys in a secure box in the parking lot. Maybe this is what happened? But I guess since they know she didn't return it they know who did.

This is such a sad story. I'm sure the family will never have closure without her body. It's terrible what can happen when you get involved with drugs. If she was truly struggling for money she should have reached out to her family. I'm sure now they would give her all the money they could if that meant bringing her back.

Wow. A circle of sadness in this lady's life. And a coward who said he did away with her AND then did away with himself. Not closure, not an ending for the family. Very sad. Even with the passing of time, i hope they have searched landfills and surrounding areas for her remains or other identifying items. Wow.

"He told Teague he would dump Turner's body in a restaurant Dumpster so eventually it would be incinerated."

So very sad. Restaurant dumpsters there must be handled different than they are here...here they go to the local landfill. Rest in peace, Dana.

http://www.c-ville.com/vanished-virginias-missing-women/
Vanished: Virginia’s other missing women
Hannah Graham’s disappearance has dragged other local missing persons cases, abductions, and murders back into the public eye—particularly those of Nelson County teen Alexis Murphy, whose body is still missing even as her convicted murderer, Randy Allen Taylor, sits in jail, and Morgan Harrington, whose remains were found in Albemarle in 2010 three months after she vanished after leaving a Charlottesville concert.

But Virginia’s list of missing women is long, and while much attention has been given to the fact that several disappearances have taken place along the Route 29 corridor in recent years, a closer look shows that nearly every corner of the Commonwealth has its share of unsolved cases. The following reverse-chronological list is not a comprehensive one; the Virginia State Police’s online missing persons database includes more than 40 adults and upwards of 280 children. Here, we’ve gathered information on many of the women from that database considered endangered or involuntary missing persons. Some have been gone for decades, and while the flurry of news coverage of their disappearances has largely stopped, their families are still waiting for answers—just like Hannah Graham’s.
TURNER-DANA-LYNN12.jpg
http://www.c-ville.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/TURNER-DANA-LYNN12.jpg
Dana is one of twelve missing persons profiled in this article today.
She has been missing for three years now.

I don't know how to begin this, if I am doing this correctly, or if anyone will see this. My name is Brooke Turner, and I'm the niece of Dana Turner. After searching for her for years after her disappearance, we found out that the friend with whom she had been traveling, whom is known as 'Bones', had murdered her the night she went missing. My aunt was picking up drugs from out of state and chose to drive a rental car instead of her own and Bones came along for the drive. She claimed to be traveling out of town for a job, but when she never showed up the night of her supposed return we knew something was wrong. Dana's rental car was returned by a woman known then by the name 'Tiffany', whom Bones called over to the house and whom in court spoke of how she saw my aunts feet dangling out of a bath tub, etcetera. Tiffany wore a blonde wig, dropped the rental keys in an overnight box, and then headed to Walmart to purchase a prepaid phone to make calls to my aunts phone with to, "buy some time". My aunt has never been found, her killer took his own life when incarcerated for another crime. She was legally declared as deceased and we are trying to pursue 'Tiffany' as an accomplice but upon being questioned seven years after the fact, she fled out of the state. Seeing this forum has brought about a multitude of emotions for me and I wish I could come on here and say that she was found alive and we all lived happily ever after, but that sadly isn't the case. Thank you for your speculations, and your thoughts, even if you just gave this page a quick glimpse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back