GUILTY Canada - Kenneth Kreton for child *advertiser censored*, Winnipeg, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
I'm afraid Mr. Kreton is never going to "get it". I hope that he's placed in a secure environment and also given a thorough mental health and cognitive evaluation. The man obviously has severe challenges and can't stop himself. However, child *advertiser censored* is illegal and creates a human tsunami of victims.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/09/30/18763126.html?cid=rssnewscanada

Shut-in hoarder had thousands of child *advertiser censored* images
September 30, 2011

"A Winnipeg man arrested in possession of a massive child *advertiser censored* collection had not stepped outside of his house in four years and spent up to 15 hours a day on his computer, a judge was told this week. Ken Kreton, 61, pleaded guilty Thursday..."

and

"...Kreton "spent an unbelievably inordinate amount of time on his computer and very little time doing anything else," said Crown attorney Terry McComb.
Kreton is confined to a wheelchair and suffers from cerebral palsy and a host of other medical ailments. He told court he couldn't leave the house because he was too busy monitoring security alarms for his now-defunct alarm company...."

and

"...City police raided his home and seized a computer hard drive containing more than 7,700 images of child *advertiser censored* and 200 videos. Many of the pictures and videos featured young boys engaged in bondage or bestiality. McComb said Kreton's house was in "extreme disarray", with both human and animal feces on the floor...."

and

"....In one chat room, Kreton fantasized about buying a cage, moving to Spain and molesting a child, McComb told court. When arrested, Kreton accused police of "wrecking (his) life." "He doesn't get it and he doesn't understand," McComb said. "This accused (has shown) a total lack of understanding how others see his offending behaviour...."

More at link

Kreton fantasized about buying a cage, moving to Spain and molesting a child,

Ooookayyy...that's just creeped me out for the night. Its horrible to think there are people like that lurking round the Internet, it almost feels like they're in your living room. *shudder*

at least he hadn't left the house in 4 years...........less possible victims that way, you know?

Actually, Cappuccino, I have a lot of pity for this man. I'm not certain that he understands the severity of his crimes. It's hard to know just what his developmental level is. He surely wouldn't be the first person with severe disabilities to learn to access the internet and locate and trade child *advertiser censored*. He ran an alarm company for a while it seems. However, children's safety comes first. This man MUST be supervised appropriately.

Nothing surprises me anymore, concerning pedophiles' fantasies. I've never seen a horror film. I don't have to.

You're a bigger person than me then, Missizzy. I could feel pity if he was one of those sad, deluded people who think he's in love with a child, but fantasising about buying a cage....no. My pity went out the window at that point.

I just cannot forget that each adult who does something evil was once a child with hope. I don't think many people wake up one morning and say to themselves, "How can I best commit evil?" Sociopaths surely do, but I doubt this man is a sociopath. He strikes me as a pitiful man who never fit in, never learned to overcome his disabilities and who allowed a sick perversion to take over his life. In gleaning bits and pieces from the article, there's obviously a lot going on for this guy as far as serious challenges. An excuse? Heck no. But it helps me understand his actions. It shows me where I need to put some energy as far as advocacy goes.

Oh, yes there are victims....legions of them. But I truly don't think this man can be made to see the connection with their pain and suffering and his prurient lust. I rarely bring up this subject as it is divisive. But I doubt that many could really enjoy their hamburger if they watched the cow being slaughtered. Those who choose to eat meat either learn to kill humanely or put it out of their minds as they are taking that bite of meat. Please please note that I am in no way judging those who eat meat. Far from it. I give my pets meat. I am merely trying to state how I think the human mind can compartmentalize when something might have unsavory connotations, even when the end result is pleasurable. I do NOT mean to offend at all.

I'm not asking for leniency for this man. He must be confined for the safety of children. I don't believe for a single second that he will benefit from his imprisonment, however. It's strictly to prevent further crimes. Sanctions are sometimes the only tool we have.

Just wanted to add that Ken Kreton has now been 'sentenced'....if that's what you can call it:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/child-*advertiser censored*-hoarder-released-from-jail-134448158.html

And

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/23/child-*advertiser censored*-hoarder-doesnt-get-it-judge-says

"Rah-rah" for the Cdn. 'justice' system. I don't think this judge "gets it," either. Now to wait for his next breach of conditions and third arrest. :banghead:

Absolutely disgraceful. He should never be free again to endanger children. As was said in the second article, he was rearrested for viewing child *advertiser censored* AGAIN after his initial release and that's apparently when he was talking about buying the cage! Agreeing with the article: his fantasies are fueling others adding to the fact that his in NOT a victimless crime. Makes my skin crawl.

Three year old story now, but his "supervised probation" period is coming to an end right about NOW.

Previously written on Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011, a news article had said he "...was released from custody Wednesday with a sentence of 20 months served in custody and three years of supervised probation." So bet he's back online already, up to his old tricks. He's so cracked, I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to start up his alarm company again, too, complete with webcams! (he owned and ran that co. for many years, largely by himself)

If this perv's new online monicker can be found, he could easily be caught again. Anyone know how?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back