UT UT - Beaver, AsianMale 39-60, UP8174, camo jacket, steel-toe boots, Apr'04

webrocket

Reaction score
here is a UID found in UT in April 2004.

stated demographic is Asian male, 39-60, 5'6", black hair, undetermined weight.

of interest was his clothing which included "camouflage-patterned jacket with military insignias on both upper arms."

he was estimated to have died any time between 1996 and 2002.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8174

mtDNA is on file with the University of North Texas.

I am probably was off on this one but since I can't tell what they mean by Asian I thought I'd throw this possible match out there. some things are off a bit others seem on target.

Boaz Zino is missing from either Oakland, CA or Fort Sill, OK in early 1999. Boaz is considered Caucasian, however he is also Israeli, which technically is an Asian country. He is a little taller than the UID at 5'10" and was stated to have had dark brown hair. When last seen Boaz was only 22 so he is considerably younger than the estimate.

the reason he caught my attention was that he was a psychiatric case who lied his way into the military and more or less went AWOL after basic training. so the military garb is consistent with his having served, however briefly.

per the various profiles, Boaz admired homeless people for their resourcefulness.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/z/zino_boaz.html
http://www.nampn.org/cases/zino_boaz.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9208/0/
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3632dmca.html

as for DNA, Namus says test completed, Doe says available.

if they are both in Codis, then this UID is not Boaz. none say which DNA (of Boaz's) is available.

The only rule out for this guy is Dat Tran.

Utahs unidentified has this to say: https://bci.utah.gov/missing-persons/unidentified-persons/

[h=4]Unidentified Male Beaver County 4/13/2004[/h][FONT=&quot]
beaverunidentboots04.jpg

• Body Found: 4/13/2004
  • DOB: 1954-1964
  • Height: 5'6 to 5'7"
  • Weight: 120-150
  • Hair: Brown
  • Eyes: Unknown
  • Race: Asian Decent
  • Identifying Features: Some dental work. Porcelain crown.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CONTACT: Beaver County Sheriff’s Office [/FONT](435) 438-2862[FONT=&quot]. On April 13 2004 the skeletal remains of an unidentified male were located in Beaver County. The decedent was estimated to be of Asian decent. Born between 1954-1964. He was between 5’06” and 5’07” and likely weighed between 120 and 150 pounds. Items found with the decedent were: Oversized pair of denim jeans with speckles of blue paint on them, Solo and Semore brand, waist size 38, size small shirt with military insignia, brown v-neck t shirt, yellow and tan soft leather lace up boots with the letter H branded on the sides and a black leather belt[/FONT]

I wish there was a reconstruction :(

I’m still thinking that if they have DNA they can DEFINITELY do DNA Doe Project. He would be a good candidate. I still wish they had a reconstruction for him since that would speed this along (and give him some good press)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP8174
Male, Asian
05E6A1FF-912B-4EC6-8829-950BA56DF280.jpeg
Date Body Found: April 13, 2004
Location Found: Beaver, Utah
Location Found: Map
Estimated Age: Adult; 39-60
Estimated Year of Death: 1996-2002
Estimated PMI: Years
Estimated Height: 5' 6"
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair Color: Black; short and straight
Eye Color: Unknown
Accessories: Ten coins found in pockets of the pants; dated 1979-1996
Clothing: Camouflage-patterned jacket with military insignias on both upper arms. Size small/short, cotton v-neck t-shirt, Size 32/34 white cotton “Hanes” mens briefs, white ribbed sports socks, Size 38 “Solo and Semore" black denim jeans (pants were to big), Black leather belt with plain metal buckle. Belt was cinched to the last notch, bright blue paint spattered on the front of the belt
Footwear: Ankle high boots, Steel Toe, bright blue paint spattered on top of the toe of the left boot

Circumstances of Recovery: Skeletal remains found above ground and scattered. Clothing was still present.

Current list of Missing Person exclusions:
MP12593 Yinzhou Zheng 09/17/2000 Boone MO
MP12715 Xiang Sun 09/23/2000 Boone MO
MP9606 Dat Tran 03/29/1997 San Diego CA

ETA: Per The Doe Network -
- Healed fracture to the left of the nasal aperture, on the maxillary bone.

He was mentioned back in 2011 on here, I wonder if it was ever submitted. Would be really nice to have a sketch or reconstruction of some sort IMO

3 Exclusions
MP12593 Yinzhou Zheng 09/17/2000 Boone MO
MP12715 Xiang Sun 09/23/2000 Boone MO
MP9606 Dat Tran 03/29/1997 San Diego CA

Unidentified Male Beaver County 4/13/2004​

CONTACT: Beaver County Sheriff’s Office (435) 438-2862. On April 13 2004 the skeletal remains of an unidentified male were located in Beaver County. The decedent was estimated to be of Asian decent. Born between 1954-1964. He was between 5’06” and 5’07” and likely weighed between 120 and 150 pounds. Items found with the decedent were: Oversized pair of denim jeans with speckles of blue paint on them, Solo and Semore brand, waist size 38, size small shirt with military insignia, brown v-neck t shirt, yellow and tan soft leather lace up boots with the letter H branded on the sides and a black leather belt

Unidentified Male Beaver County 4/13/2004

beaverunidentboots04.jpg

• Body Found: 4/13/2004
  • DOB: 1954-1964
  • Height: 5'6 to 5'7"
  • Weight: 120-150
  • Hair: Brown
  • Eyes: Unknown
  • Race: Asian Decent
  • Identifying Features: Some dental work. Porcelain crown

Last edited:
I started poking around to see if I could find the boots. No luck so far.

I thought Double-H was the obvious choice, but I can't find that Double-H has ever used an H in a circular gear (or a sun?) as a logo. They say it's an H but I'd believe S, N, maybe 8. Also, the description mentions bright blue paint but I can't see it in the photo. (Artist? Painter? Paintballer?)

Cap toe, four-eyelet with two hooks, welted sole seam with contrasting trim (not sure what the technical term is for that). The tongue doesn't look like it's heavily padded?

The combination of black boot with light-colored sole is a bit unusual. The sole is either flat (crepe?) or very worn down on the bottom.

Stylewise they look like they could be Wolverines or Chippewas, but that doesn't match the logo.Wolverine has a logo on the heel, but it's not a letter in a gear. Chippewas are usually branded on the shaft. Sorel and Red Wing would also be similar, but again the logo isn't right. Caterpillar? Maybe. Doc Maarten doesn't usually do soft leather, but it's possible.

Really any brand is possible.

Maybe the boots are from his country of origin. In western countries my Asian hubby has trouble getting shoes and jeans that fit him right. He prefers to buy both during visits home to family, where his body type is the “norm” in the market and he has lots more good choices.

Maybe the boots are from his country of origin. In western countries my Asian hubby has trouble getting shoes and jeans that fit him right. He prefers to buy both during visits home to family, where his body type is the “norm” in the market and he has lots more good choices.

That's a good thought.

Also, many hiking shoe brands are imported. I looked at the major Canadian brands, but I didn't check European or Mexican brands and never thought of Asian brands.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back