CANADA Canada - Montreal, WhtMale 20s, bright red hair, 'Michel' on bracelet, Jul'11

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Maybe we can help ....

Montreal police seek help to identify body

He had no identity papers - and a bracelet engraved with Michel, which may or may not be his name.

Montreal police are asking for help to identify a man found dead in early July.

The mystery man, in his 20s, was 5 foot 9 inches, 75 kilograms and had brown eyes and shoulder-length bright orange hair.

He was wearing a baseball jersey - white with red sleeves - brown cargo pants, beige socks and brown sport shoes when he was found. In addition to the bracelet, he wore a Lord of the Rings-type band on one finger and a green elastic around his left bicep.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Mont...dentify+body/5486808/story.html#ixzz1ZZpFol00

5488385.bin

The mystery man, in his 20s, was 5 foot 9 inches, 75 kilograms and had brown eyes and shoulder-length bright orange hair

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...ce+seek+help+identify+body/5486808/story.html

I'm curious how they obtained the photo of the UID. And how he died. Wish the article gave some more details......

where did that photo come from - in it, he is wearing exactly what they describe him being found dead in ...?

where did that photo come from - in it, he is wearing exactly what they describe him being found dead in ...?

They may have taken a photo of him when found clothes and all and then created the picture of him looking alive, so to speak.

It would be helpful to know what area of the city he was found. Also, his bright orange hair is very uncommon. Hopefully someone will recognize the photo.

I also wondered about the photo. It's blurred but looks so real. :waitasec:

In the photo, there appears to be cars parked in the area and "Michel" appears to be sitting on a higher level than the ground below him.

:twocents:

Are the baseball team colors described/and or logo? This could help narrow down weather John Doe is USA or Canadian....team loyalty you know.

By the way does Canada have baseball:waitasec:

:twocents:

Are the baseball team colors described/and or logo? This could help narrow down weather John Doe is USA or Canadian....team loyalty you know.

By the way does Canada have baseball:waitasec:

I think Toronto (Blue Jays) is the only Canadian city still with a major league baseball team and their jerseys are blue. Montreal doesn't have one.

Good point about the jersey though.

I went back to read the article and this is what they say about the photo:

The man has not been reported missing by anyone so police are looking for people who might recognize the photo - the last taken of the mystery man

So it sounds like someone took the photo? Was it found with the body???

I wonder if it was on a cell phone. Could he be a tourist and he had someone take his pic for him? The photo is blurry, so a cell phone is possible.

What an odd story. They never say how long they think the remains may have been there. Hard figure out any possible matches without some kind of time frame.
If the photo was found on a cell phone, that might help narrow it down a bit.

IMO he must have been found almost immediately since they're able to tell he had brown eyes. I couldn't say what color his eyes were on the basis of the blurry photo.

I also think they would be more careful to state this is certainly the man's photo if he had been badly decomposed and visually unrecognizable when found. They would have said something like, this photo was found with the remains. If the remains were skeletal they couldn't be sure it was the same man just because he had orange hair and was wearing the same clothing. There might have been a baseball team all sporting orange hair and the same shirt and he had taken the photo of a friend before dropping dead.

Could this picture be from a surveillance camera?

Could the video possibly show a man jumping to his death? Could it be suicide?

I am so sorry to be so blunt, but this picture is just odd.

When I first read orange hair, I thought it would be flourescent. When I see the picture, I think that this person is very recognizable. I pray for his family!

Could this picture be from a surveillance camera?
Could the video possibly show a man jumping to his death? Could it be suicide?

I am so sorry to be so blunt, but this picture is just odd.

When I first read orange hair, I thought it would be flourescent. When I see the picture, I think that this person is very recognizable. I pray for his family!

bbm

That is what I am thinking.

Can anyone find any updates? Michel is frequently found as a french name, so I think it is safe to say he is a Quebec native. IMO at least.

I emailed the writer of the article and he indicated that he has not yet been identified by family.

I do not know if I can post his email response, but he indicated that my "theories" that I posted to him were spot on.

I feel so badly for this guy. I hope that his family is found soon!

I am still intrigued by this case. I cannot find any updates on line, so I will email the journalist again. So very sad! He has to be someone's son, possibly brother. Why hasn't he been claimed?

The link to the photo is a dead link. Is this UID listed somewhere else so I can check it out?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back