Dominick Dunne

Nehemiah

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Refresh my memory....what was his stance on this case?

Also, does anyone know how to contact Mark Fuhrman? I wonder if he would investigate the JBR murder?

Not sure about the Dunn thing. But as for Mark Furhman, I believe I heard he has retired now and is living in Northwestern part of the US. (I want to say Idaho or WA state???). Maybe you can try looking there. I honestly cannot see the man getting involved in such a high profile case though. I have sometimes wondered about some of the detectives on The Investigators and some of those shows (Dale Hinman....LOL). You'd think with the case still being active in the web community that someone out there would be able to do something.

Fuhrman wrote a book about the Simpson case, and then he interjected himself into the Martha Moxley case, another very high profile situation involving politics and wealthy people. He began by writing a book and investigating through that means. Wonder if he'd consider writing a book about the Ramsey case? Surely he's thought of that.

IMO

Nehemiah said:
Fuhrman wrote a book about the Simpson case, and then he interjected himself into the Martha Moxley case, another very high profile situation involving politics and wealthy people. He began by writing a book and investigating through that means. Wonder if he'd consider writing a book about the Ramsey case? Surely he's thought of that.

IMO

I think either would be an improvement on the case.

If I remember correctly, I think Dunne believed it was within the Ramsey family.

Currently Mark F. is working on a book about Vince Foster. It is either published or about to be published. A couple of years ago, I asked Mark F. if he would consider getting involved in the JBR case in an internet chat. He said no. I don't know if he still has his radio show in Spokane WA or not. He has also written a book about the serial killer Robert Yates, who killed in Spokane.

vic said:
He still does. It's KGA talk radio in Spokane, 9am to noon.

Oh wow, guys. Could you call in and ask questions about the Ramsey case? Do you have a phone number for the show? Do they take call ins?

IMO

I wish Fuhrman would write a JBR book. He's also been involved in more cases than we've mentioned here. The Schiavo case, I think, and another one or two.

What could it hurt?

I wish he'd start with someone's discovering that Psalm in the Bible, then orchestrating the whole case based on that. I'm going to finally look it up and read it, and the context around it. Maybe that's a way to get into the killer's manipulative mind. How did he persuade some exec to decide on that exact amount for a bonus, and put into the evidence that a couple of people owed JR that amount? It all took some doing.

Googling the movie "Nick of Time", I found a list of approximately 20 movies in a decade or so, with similarities to Manchurian Candidate. The protagonists were pressured to assassinate somebody, for instance in "Nick of Time", by a certain time, or that little girl would be killed. How did the mastermind arrange for that particular movie suggesting foreign political factions and a little girl, to be on TV, or rented, on the very night JBR was killed? It seems he was somehow pulling an awful lot of strings behind the scenes.

I think the whole case started by some sicko discovering the Psalm.

Or, I came back online to say after reading the Psalm, maybe if we googled "cults and sacrifice" and/or similar search terms, we just might find they always used those two or three verses toward the end of this Psalm, "bind the sacrifice with cords"? Probably none of us have studied cults. Hm.....

I thought I heard that Mark Fuhrman was asked about the Ramsey case,and he stated he didn't want to get into the Ramsey case because it was so screwed up from the very beginning,he felt it probably will never be solved.

That's too bad,because I think any case can be solved, if you put enough honest time and effort into it.

Of course,you wouldn't have a life to call your own in this case,because I believe it would take an awful lot of manipulating,to get to the real truth,from all parties,including the Ramsey's,the police,the DA and so forth.

Sounds like a very lame excuse, doesn't it?

What could be his real reason? Because it must also be the other LE officials' reason. There's some unknown fact. I'm sure we can all feel it or we wouldn't still be here slugging away.

Eagle1 said:
Sounds like a very lame excuse, doesn't it?

What could be his real reason? Because it must also be the other LE officials' reason. There's some unknown fact. I'm sure we can all feel it or we wouldn't still be here slugging away.

Yeah,it does Eagle1 ... seems like the only ones that want to keep it in the mainstream.are the JBR forums.

I think if you ask Mark Fuhrman about the Ramsey case he would NOT give the parents a pass. That's just my opinion.

What is the book he is working on Foster about? I haven't heard of this one.

Tricia said:
I think if you ask Mark Fuhrman about the Ramsey case he would NOT give the parents a pass. That's just my opinion.

Fuhrman made his feelings known on one of the Court TV shows where they were polling on which Ramsey did it, and it was my impression it was Patsy. I believe that was the show where they also talked about Burke, and were sued for it

Fuhrman clearly was not informed on the case, except what Steve Thomas told him, and he admitted talking to him. I wonder just when they first started talking. I've said before and say again, I think ST was "Fuhrmanized"---and he was a "role model" ST aspired to.

I don't know what's so great about Fuhrman anyway, that anyone even cares what his opinion is.

Maikai said:
I don't know what's so great about Fuhrman anyway, that anyone even cares what his opinion is.

Maikai,

IMO Mark Fuhrman was an excellent detective. Fuhrman did a good job but was sacrificed by the DA's office in the OJ trial and not supported when Johnnie Cochran started playing the race card. And, more recently, Fuhrman's cold-case investigation and book helped solve the Martha Moxley murder.

I think Mark Fuhrman doesn't want to get involved in the Ramsey case because he likely already knows who did it, and that person is not prosecutable.

BlueCrab

Fuhrman did a credible job with the Moxley, after his OJ blooper, then he also wrote about the Spokane Murders didn't he, and then the Schiavo book...so he is 2 for 2
wink.gif
...hey a broken clock is right twice a day!

Actually I had always hoped he would nose around in the Ramsey case. I figured he couldn't do worse than the BPD, Hunter and the hottub gang, and kukla fran and ollie the gumshoes on the case.

BlueCrab said:
Maikai,

IMO Mark Fuhrman was an excellent detective. Fuhrman did a good job but was sacrificed by the DA's office in the OJ trial and not supported when Johnnie Cochran started playing the race card. And, more recently, Fuhrman's cold-case investigation and book helped solve the Martha Moxley murder.

I think Mark Fuhrman doesn't want to get involved in the Ramsey case because he likely already knows who did it, and that person is not prosecutable.

BlueCrab

No, I don't think he thought Burke was involved--his comments were directed at Patsy, including her "mink" boots and the "mink" hair supposedly found on JBR.

Who would have thought in OJ, that their detective met privately with an author who had a record of his derogatory comments? The defense must have been jumping for joy. One of the reasons I wonder where ST got the idea to go to the media secretly, to try the Ramseys in the public arena. If ST was getting any advice from Fuhrman during the investigation, then I can understand why Fuhrman doesn't want to touch the Ramsey case, although either Fuhrman or ST (don't remember which or both of them) said they talked after ST left the force. One other possible reason might be, Fuhrman didn't want to get involved in a case where the police would be made to look bad.

Tricia said:

Tricia, a few years ago, I heard he was reinvestigating the Vince Foster case as a possible homicide, instead of a suicide. I haven't seen a book, and I know he has written two books since I heard about his research on Foster. So, I don't know if he scrapped the book on Foster or not.

He wouldn't give Patsy a pass. I remember that very clearly. I think he was being nice when he said the BPD had the case "under control." This was before Keenan was bullied into taking the case over from the BPD by Woody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back