Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I was posting when the last thread closed):
:seeya: If it's not too much trouble, could you please post at least one or two ?

Thank You !

I will post the link to the channel: somealibis's Channel - YouTube

It is a beautiful town, by the way. And now I'm off this thread topic. I'm very satisfied and happy that Knox and Sollecito have been set free and acquitted. But I am a bit bothered that some seem to be shouting down those with differing opinions in a not so polite manner (IMO).

I probably shouldn't talk because I know I have not been perfect in the past but I try because I really value fairness.

:floorlaugh: The previous thread got "closed" while I was still writing a response to a post ... and it was not the first time that happened to me ...

:innocent: I thought it was closed down for good because of ... well, you know what I mean ... LOL ... and I see now a new one has been opened ...

So I was "lucky" to catch it and save in time ... and posting it here so I hope this works :

I understand what you are stating. I still would think that after 4 years someone would of come forward and stated something to the effect that in hindsight etc., I realize this. It has not happened.

As well if you are going to hold AK to this standard you must hold everyone to that standard. Yet at every twist and turn I took the red flags were being raised by the Postal Police, the prosecutor, the civil lawyers, the investigation et al. Then they lied about it under oath. Stephanoni lied about not testing for blood, stating inaccurate test results etc. The Postal Police lied about not going into the room. The list is very long and many will add to this list.

My question is when do you say hold it, take a step back, and revisit ones perception?

BBM: Maybe no one came forward because they felt it would have "fallen on deaf ears" because of the pro-Amanda stance here in the U.S.?

Maybe no one came forward because they did not want to "go against the general consensus" here in the U.S. that AK was "not guilty" ?

Maybe no one wanted to come forward because this person would have automatically been "accused" and "scrutinized" of wanting to have their "15 minutes of fame" ?

I think it would be interesting to see if there is someone out there that does have a "differing" opinion than what we have been "told".

And to answer the question as to when do you take a step and revisit one's perception ... IMO, it is the minute you see it, as well as feel it !

It's very hard to explain but it's like a "bell goes off in your head" and you remember something -- something that was said, or a person's actions, that you may have just "ignored" at the time or did not give it a lot of significance.

It can kind of hit like a "ton of bricks" or "like a feather" ... and it is going to vary from person to person and situation to situation ... and you think back on it ... This is not the best answer but it's like all of a sudden, you just realize "somethin's not right" ... it's "hinky stinky" ...

MOO ...

(I was posting when the last thread closed):

I will post the link to the channel: somealibis's Channel - YouTube

It is a beautiful town, by the way. And now I'm off this thread topic. I'm very satisfied and happy that Knox and Sollecito have been set free and acquitted. But I am a bit bothered that some seem to be shouting down those with differing opinions in a not so polite manner (IMO).

I probably shouldn't talk because I know I have not been perfect in the past but I try because I really value fairness.

Thank You ...

And yes, Perugia is a beautiful town ... never been there but from what I have seen on tv and in pictures, it is nice !

As always gitana1, I do appreciate your opinions as well as legal input ... :innocent: even if we do not always agree ... lol :innocent:

But ... we can always "agree to disagree" ...

MOO ... :seeya:

Posted by darnudes: It's not about that - they are not the defendants in this crime. All Amanda had to do at the beginning was tell the truth, she didn't and hasn't done to this day.

I'm not willing to get into a discussion about things where my knowledge base is low so I'm not going to talk about any of the alleged lies from the prosecutor/forensics etc.

Should I start calling Amanda, a convicted felon? Don't think so and I think it is disrepectful to attribute those names to the prosecutor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Defendants or not, it's not imo ok to lie under oath in a court room, and that standard has to be held to an even higher standard by those testifying for the prosecution, most especially the prosecutor. I barely understand the need for LE to lie during investigations, but I don't approve of them, nor condon them most especially from LE, prosecutors, crime scene investigators and the like. No, I don't condon the lies Amanda told, even if I can certainly understand how and why she did, I don't condon it. What I do expect is the same level of honesty you want from Amanda to be held to those involved in the prosecution and the civil lawyers, who also lied.

Amanda has been convicted for the lies concerning her boss that she made in her statement to the ILE. You can call her what you want although you may want to verify that it's a felony class crime before you call her a felon. I don't think it is here in the US, I don't know about Italy.

I call the prosecutor a convicted criminal because that is what he is and when reviewing this case completely that shouldn't be forgotten. What many of us have seen in this case is eerily similar to what he's been convicted of in another case that has been mentioned here several times. And no, I hold no respect for him, he's shown me no reason to offer him any.

I haven't followed this case much here, but I just wanted to chime in and say I'm glad she'll be coming home.

for the person on the last thread that asked about Amanda knowing Rudy and smoking dope with him

Rudy said he had met her and Meredith out at a disco. Said that later he had been to their house because he had played basketball with some of the guys that went over there, and he smoked hashish while he was there

http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2011/04/28/rudy-guede-amanda-knox-was-not-there/

I think it's worth noting the paragraph before that:

Judge Paolo Michelli, who condemmed Rudy to 30 years in his first trial, noted the Rudy altered his alibis as new facts appeared in the press that contradicted his previous alibi. Thus he first said he met Meredith at a party on Halloween and, when it turned out that she’d spent the entire evening in various discos, he claimed that he’d flirted with her at the Domus disco.

Weird...there was just a Breaking News headline (the ones you can't click on for article yet) that the Prosecution intends to appeal the overturning of the verdict but now it's gone. Maybe it wasn't confirmed?

Weird...there was just a Breaking News headline (the ones you can't click on for article yet) that the Prosecution intends to appeal the overturning of the verdict but now it's gone. Maybe it wasn't confirmed?

That is entirely true. This appeals trial is only the second of three phases that automatically happen. The prosecution has planned since at least last week to appeal at the supreme court level. If they find any rules were broken there could be a whole new trial. But I doubt Amanda will be returning to Italy for that, and I doubt the SC would fine any good reason to.

:floorlaugh: The previous thread got "closed" while I was still writing a response to a post ... and it was not the first time that happened to me ...

:innocent: I thought it was closed down for good because of ... well, you know what I mean ... LOL ... and I see now a new one has been opened ...

So I was "lucky" to catch it and save in time ... and posting it here so I hope this works :

BBM: Maybe no one came forward because they felt it would have "fallen on deaf ears" because of the pro-Amanda stance here in the U.S.?

Maybe no one came forward because they did not want to "go against the general consensus" here in the U.S. that AK was "not guilty" ?

Maybe no one wanted to come forward because this person would have automatically been "accused" and "scrutinized" of wanting to have their "15 minutes of fame" ?

I think it would be interesting to see if there is someone out there that does have a "differing" opinion than what we have been "told".

And to answer the question as to when do you take a step and revisit one's perception ... IMO, it is the minute you see it, as well as feel it !

It's very hard to explain but it's like a "bell goes off in your head" and you remember something -- something that was said, or a person's actions, that you may have just "ignored" at the time or did not give it a lot of significance.

It can kind of hit like a "ton of bricks" or "like a feather" ... and it is going to vary from person to person and situation to situation ... and you think back on it ... This is not the best answer but it's like all of a sudden, you just realize "somethin's not right" ... it's "hinky stinky" ...

MOO ...

Or maybe there were no red flags because they didn't exist. Just like maybe they weren't on hard drugs that night because there is no evidence of that either. <modsnip>

That is entirely true. This appeals trial is only the second of three phases that automatically happen. The prosecution has planned since at least last week to appeal at the supreme court level. If they find any rules were broken there could be a whole new trial. But I doubt Amanda will be returning to Italy for that, and I doubt the SC would fine any good reason to.

Is that how the Italian SC works, Malkmus? Like our appellate courts, that deal almost exclusively with trial error rather than actual evidence?

I think it's worth noting the paragraph before that:

Quote:
Judge Paolo Michelli, who condemmed Rudy to 30 years in his first trial, noted the Rudy altered his alibis as new facts appeared in the press that contradicted his previous alibi. Thus he first said he met Meredith at a party on Halloween and, when it turned out that she’d spent the entire evening in various discos, he claimed that he’d flirted with her at the Domus disco.

Ah well, if you're quoting Michelli please also note the following:

Judge Paolo Micheli, releasing a report on his reasons for sentencing Rudy Guede, 22, to 30 years in prison in October for his part in the murder, said the killing was “a group crime”. Guede had not himself cut Ms Kercher’s throat. But there was “cast iron proof” that he had taken part in the murder, even if he did not strike the “mortal blow”.

Judge Micheli said he accepted that there was “complicity” between the assailants, but said some aspects of the prosecution reconstruction were “fantasy”.

Judge Micheli said Guede was “a liar” and there were “no extenuating circumstances”. “Even someone who wanted to believe him would find it impossible,” the judge wrote. He added: “It is credible that Guede entered the house because he was let into it by someone else, and that someone could only be Amanda Knox.”

Definitely food for thought.

There is no evidence that the killing of Meredith Kercher was "a group crime." What little evidence there was--DNA on a knife and a bra clasp--has been discredited. I suspect Micheli has figured that out by now.

It's ludicrous that the court thinks they can find someone innocent. Barring a rock solid alibi, of which there is none, there's no way they can claim that.

The verdict is also contradictory. On the one hand Knox is innocent of the murder, but on the other she's guilty of defaming Lumumba, also meaning there was no coercion in the interrogation. I'd like them to explain why she would defame Lumumba if she was innocent.

I hope they reconsider and move on. I'm sure the people of Perugia would want nothing more than to return to normal life and make this horrific case that has tainted their town forever fade away in the history books. Thousands of foreign students attend their universities which, imo would be a huge error on the government to continue pursuing this case. Time to try to restore the wonderful reputation it once had so students and tourists will feel safe again.

Baci for everyone!
41h2Bma3yTL._SL160_AA160_.jpg

It's ludicrous that the court thinks they can find someone innocent. Barring a rock solid alibi, of which there is none, there's no way they can claim that.

The verdict is also contradictory. On the one hand Knox is innocent of the murder, but on the other she's guilty of defaming Lumumba, also meaning there was no coercion in the interrogation. I'd like them to explain why she would defame Lumumba if she was innocent.

From what I've seen and read, those who think she's innocent believe she did it out of fear. Do I believe it? No way.

This has been the most passionate thread I have ever seen at WS, while I disagree with many of you, I respect your opinion! My fear is that just because someone is American, if the crime is in another country, the majority will fight for them, not the victim! This is all about the victim! By the way good morning WS friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado