OR bus driver accused of berating mom, crying baby

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/bus-driver-accused-berating-mom-crying-baby-001624497.html

AP By NIGEL DUARA - Associated Press | AP – Mon, Oct 3, 2011

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A driver in Oregon's largest public transit agency berated a woman and her crying baby into getting off a bus in a Portland suburb, saying "I can't drive with that noise," another passenger said Monday.

Over the loudspeaker, the female bus driver told the woman to distract the baby to quiet it down, passenger Jennifer Chapman said. Other passengers muttered that the driver should "just drive the bus, just do your job," she said....

Wow! I think someone has burnt out on their job. :furious:

*snipped from article* The driver, who was not identified, has been placed on administrative leave while the agency investigates the complaint from the incident .

Does this mean WITH pay?

I can understand a crying baby or toddler can be a distraction, but children do cry. It makes me think of when my daughter was a baby. My daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and she cried so much, especially when we would go out in public. She wasn't old enough to tell me what was wrong, so I would do the best I could. I got so many angry looks from other people but never any comments. But the looks alone were bad enough.

*snipped from article* The driver, who was not identified, has been placed on administrative leave while the agency investigates the complaint from the incident .

Does this mean WITH pay?

I can understand a crying baby or toddler can be a distraction, but children do cry. It makes me think of when my daughter was a baby. My daughter has Cystic Fibrosis and she cried so much, especially when we would go out in public. She wasn't old enough to tell me what was wrong, so I would do the best I could. I got so many angry looks from other people but never any comments. But the looks alone were bad enough.

I'm sorry to hear about your child. I hope they're doing better now.

http://news.yahoo.com/bus-driver-accused-berating-mom-crying-baby-001624497.html

AP By NIGEL DUARA - Associated Press | AP – Mon, Oct 3, 2011

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A driver in Oregon's largest public transit agency berated a woman and her crying baby into getting off a bus in a Portland suburb, saying "I can't drive with that noise," another passenger said Monday.Over the loudspeaker, the female bus driver told the woman to distract the baby to quiet it down, passenger Jennifer Chapman said. Other passengers muttered that the driver should "just drive the bus, just do your job," she said....

Wow! I think someone has burnt out on their job. :furious:

I agree, This bus driver has a short fuse or no compassion for a woman with a crying baby. The baby is going to cry and he can't stop it. I don't believe for a minute that this bus driver has never experienced a crying child on his bus route. I've been on planes with crying children. Never had the pilot say "I can't fly with that noise".

I'm sorry to hear about your child. I hope they're doing better now.

My daughter will be turning 17 in a couple of weeks.. When we go out in public now, I have people staring at her for the "teenage attitude" lol....

My daughter will be turning 17 in a couple of weeks.. When we go out in public now, I have people staring at her for the "teenage attitude" lol....

Somehow I think you're glad to have to deal with that instead of the other alternative. :thumb:

I swear my son cried almost continuously up until the age of one. You try to cut down on activities but some things you just have to go ahead and do.

We went to get groceries at Biggs a local box store one day and DS was crying. We were wandering the aisles looking at things and doing the shopping. By then I knew there was nothing I could do except do my shopping and keep him clean and dry.

Well that night we were picking up something in the back, and DS was crying. An employee came to me and (nicely) asked me if there was anything wrong and was there any way I could quiet my DS. Of course I told her no.

She said ok, but asked me to stay away from the electronics area because his cry was similar in tone to the electronics alarm and it was making the loss prevention people nervous.

Bus driver? I don't see how they have any right to put them off the bus. The child could have been ill and Mommy could have been taking it to the Dr. for all the driver knew. Or putting the baby off the bus could have put Mommy in a compromising position. Mommy could have been going after food for the baby. How long would this ride have been anyway?

I swear my son cried almost continuously up until the age of one. You try to cut down on activities but some things you just have to go ahead and do.

We went to get groceries at Biggs a local box store one day and DS was crying. We were wandering the aisles looking at things and doing the shopping. By then I knew there was nothing I could do except do my shopping and keep him clean and dry.

Well that night we were picking up something in the back, and DS was crying. An employee came to me and (nicely) asked me if there was anything wrong and was there any way I could quiet my DS. Of course I told her no.

She said ok, but asked me to stay away from the electronics area because his cry was similar in tone to the electronics alarm and it was making the loss prevention people nervous.

Bus driver? I don't see how they have any right to put them off the bus. The child could have been ill and Mommy could have been taking it to the Dr. for all the driver knew. Or putting the baby off the bus could have put Mommy in a compromising position. Mommy could have been going after food for the baby. How long would this ride have been anyway?

BBM

:clap:

I usually stay up all night so I watch a lot of the all night news shows and this story was featured on a quite a few of them. I heard it reported a few times that the other passengers on the bus were so disgusted with the behavior of the driver that THEY GOT OFF THE BUS with the mom and waited with her until the next bus came along. Apparently it was dark also and not an area you would want a mom and young child alone in.
I thought that was rather extraordinary thing for people to do, especially given how so many people behave nowadays.

Naw, I don't suffer from insomnia.. i rather enjoy it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back