Reaction score

Attachments

• 970UMNV.jpg
    970UMNV.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 117
  • A200300081S_722a.JPG
    A200300081S_722a.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 77
seems like a possibility as the MP was going to a gun range the last time he was seen, but then again the height is way off. seems to me if you could link dental records you might really have something...wtg.

Thanks. The drawing seems so similar. He is 71 inches. 5' 11" and the estimate on the doe is 5 foot ten.

Hi lrose!

Eeeeek - this UID was found not far from where I live!!! Sure seems like someone went to a lot of trouble to hide him and it's unlikely he was killed where he was found.

The physicals are close enough. However, I have worked with the coroner's office here on a couple of cases and they are really on it. I can't imagine they haven't already looked at this possibility. I'm sure if you contact them, they'll know right off and will respond pretty quickly. They've always been very quick to reply to me and they always seem to be very thorough!

Go for it!

I think this looks like a very close match. Worth being checked out most definitely. The fact that the remains were found in a cave, partially hidden might cause the date of death to be more difficult to estimate.

thanks fairy for the info! I wondered about that, but the info I was looking at online said there was some confusion as to who was handling Mr. Perryman's disappearance and indicated that San Bernardino Sheriff's dept. was handling it. Plus the offset of dates might have precluded looking at. Do you think I should submit it to las vegas?

ok I sent off an email to the clark county contact. We shall see...

Thought I would post an update. I submitted the info to the Coroner and heard nothing back, so I also submitted the info to the doe network to handle since they have alot more experience in this. This was the answer to my email to the doe network.
My name is Rocky and I am with The Doe Network. We received your suggested match. Thank you!

I checked our database and we do not show that these have been compared. So I will forward the possible match on to our match panel. on your behalf.

Thanks again,
Rocky Wells
The Doe Network

my follow up thank you.

Thank you for submitting this for review. From my research, most of the indoor gun ranges (where he said he was going) are located in the las vegas area. There is even an area near sunrise mt near where the doe was located, that was frequently used for shooting (not indoor). found one posting for him that said he had multiple piercings tongue ears and navel. If that is accurate it should include or eliminate him fairly quickly. Thanks again.

Thought I would post an update. I submitted the info to the Coroner and heard nothing back, so I also submitted the info to the doe network to handle since they have alot more experience in this. This was the answer to my email to the doe network.
My name is Rocky and I am with The Doe Network. We received your suggested match. Thank you!

I checked our database and we do not show that these have been compared. So I will forward the possible match on to our match panel. on your behalf.

Thanks again,
Rocky Wells
The Doe Network

my follow up thank you.

Thank you for submitting this for review. From my research, most of the indoor gun ranges (where he said he was going) are located in the las vegas area. There is even an area near sunrise mt near where the doe was located, that was frequently used for shooting (not indoor). found one posting for him that said he had multiple piercings tongue ears and navel. If that is accurate it should include or eliminate him fairly quickly. Thanks again.

Did anything ever come of this?

Any new info? I'm a newbie to WS and mostly a lurker, but have been fascinated by the Clark County Coroner's website. I would think that it would be fairly easy to make a comparison by dental records, but my knowledge is learned from TV crime shows and not real life. I live in Vegas and hope to be able to see some of the unidentified at least given a name.

I am James' mother. The coroners in Las Vegas and San Bernardino have obtained James' dental records from the Army. Sadly, to date, no match has been found.
So, the search continues...
Thank you all for your prayers and support!
Faye

Welcome to Websleuths Rhodesotto

Have you been notified this is an official rule out based on dental comparison? Please let us know so we can 'rule out' this potential match and keep searching for answers on James disappearance.

We will keep praying for answers to James disappearance.

Cubby

This is the response I got from Rick Jones, Coroner Investigator of the LVMPD (sent to me last June) I have not heard anything from him since:

"We have ruled out by dental x-rays (thanks to David sending me a copy) on our John Sandstone Doe 05-5015 the person we first talked about. Additionally we found the skeletal remains of a John Cliff Shadows Doe 09-4932 this past weekend and we have ruled out James for this one also by dental records. I am still reviewing all of our cases to check for a match or rule out."

My DNA is now on the FBI's CODIS list for possible comparisons.

Faye

Faye, My heart goes out to you and my prayers for your son's recovery. I have lost a son and know how painful it is. God Bless you and your family. I will continue helping to search in any way I can.

Clark County John Doe
Caucasian Male found buried in a cave south of Lake Mead Blvd and 3.7 miles East of Los Feliz. Stones were placed in front of the mouth of the cave.

He is approx 5'6"-5'10" in height. There are dental records in the file, he was in the process of getting a route canal. His clothing is described:

He was wearing corduroy tan or olive pants that were 32/34-waist and 30 inseam. He had a Donogal brand size large short sleeve shirt that was orange/blue/white in color. He was wearing tan casual suede type shoes that were approximate size 9.

COD is Homicide by gunshot wound to the head.

Here's the DoeNet page for this UID:

The Doe Network:
Case File 970UMNV
http://doenetwork.org/cases/970umnv.html
NamUs UP Case 387 https://identifyus.org/cases/387
970UMNV.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on June 25, 2005 in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada
Estimated Date of Death: 3 months to a year prior to being found.
Cause of Death: Homicide/A gunshot wound to the back of the head.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-40 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 6" - 5' 10"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium brown hair. Slightly muscular build.
Clothing: Corduroy tan or olive pants that were 32/34-waist and 30” inseam; Donogal brand size large short sleeve shirt that was orange/blue/white in color; tan casual suede type shoes that were approximate size 9.
Nicknamed : John "Sandstone" Doe
Dentals: X-Rays Available; the Odontologist stated that it appeared that he was in the process of getting a root canal done on his #3 tooth.

Case History
Hikers found the skeletal remains in a remote desert area cave that one could only get into by crawling. There were rocks piled in front of the cave entry & the bones were somewhat buried. Located south of Lake Mead Boulevard and 3.7 miles east of Los Feliz in Las Vegas on June 25, 2005.

970UMNV5.jpg
970UMNV4.jpg

What the Victim's shoes & shirt might look like.

this guy is as good a match as any, Robert Spellman, missing from Los Angeles County on April 13, 2005. was 27 y.o., brown hair, 5'8", 165 lbs, and per his circumstances he "may have traveled to the Las Vegas, Nevada area after his disappearance, but this has not been confirmed. "

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1203/3/

time frame is a little shorter than the 3 months + estimated, but he drove a Lexus so he probably had the money for good dentistry.

ETA: DNA

UID has mtDNA on file, Spellman's profile says "Sample submitted - Tests complete". not sure if that means he is a rule-out by default.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back