Identified! PA - Upper Darby, BlkFem, 30-50, burned, in Cobbs Creek Park, Feb'00 - Patricia Peterkin

asp17061

Reaction score
Case 755

I grew up in the neighborhood and was a senior in HS when she was found. This case has always haunted me because we used to play in these woods as kids, and even explored them a lot as teenagers, even though we really weren't allowed to. it really is quite isolated. You'd hardly believe you were in the middle of a major city and its adjacent suburb.

over the years I've checked up on it and found nothing.

she isn't in NAMUS or the Doe Report. It's like no one is looking for her.

Here's an article that was published in the Philadelphia Inquirer shortly after she was found: Body In Cobbs Creek Park Is Still Unidentified Police Offered An Expanded Description Of The Burned Woman, Who May Have Been Among The Area's Homeless

(this is my first post. I joined just so someone could help look at this case, if anyone has. I couldn't find it in the forums.)

here's the statistics:

Black Female - between 30-50 years of age

Brown Eyes

Graying black hair

5' 5" Tall - 90-125 LBS.

Full set of upper dentures and a partial lower plate that had brackets on each side and hooked onto permanent teeth on the lower jaw.

Welcome to WS asp17061

:welcome:

I pulled the pics/recons from your above link.

Case #755
755.gif

thanks for the welcome!

the article mentions 2 other burning deaths in the months prior and I remember them. One was drug related and LE is sure about that. I'm not sure about the other. When she was found I wondered if they could be connected, but law enforcement doesn't think so.

here is another article I found

Is there any news about this case? The crime stoppers link in the OP doesn't work any more.

i'm saddened. I can't find any more info about this case anymore and all the links are dead. Poor woman. I don't think she was ever IDed. :(

Does anyone have a way to contact the local PD? I'd like to see about getting this in NamUs...

@rats a long time down the track but did you ever get a response to your email? Perhaps it's been solved as she is not in Namus as a case.

@rats a long time down the track but did you ever get a response to your email? Perhaps it's been solved as she is not in Namus as a case.

She was ID'd in 2003. I don't have a link because I called UDPD when she was taken off Crime Stoppers. She's in DN's Identified section.
The Doe Network: Identified

Attached is the sketch from an article in Philly Inquirer 3/8/2001.

Attachments

• Peterkin Upper Darby.JPG
    Peterkin Upper Darby.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 9
Rest in peace, Patricia.

Patricia Peterkin
The victim was located on February 20, 2000 in Upper Darby Township, Pennsylvania. She was identified as Patricia Peterkin in 2003.
The Doe Network: Identified

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back