GUILTY WI - Maritza Ramirez-Cruz, 23, murdered, fetus stolen, Milwaukee, 6 Oct 2011

krimekat

Amazed and Baffled
Reaction score
The woman suspected of abducting an unborn baby and killing his 23-year-old mother pretended to be pregnant for months, neighbors said Sunday.

Neighbors were still reeling Sunday from the shock of a dead full-term baby boy being carried out of the home near the corner of 7th and W. Mitchell streets Thursday, and the body of his mother being removed Friday. Police said it was a case of fetal abduction - the baby was forcefully removed from his mother's womb.

Family members of the slain mother, Maritza Ramirez-Cruz, said she was due to give birth Oct. 16 to a boy she had already named Omar and left her home on S. 13th St. Thursday morning to run a brief errand, according to WTMJ-TV (Channel 4). Ramirez-Cruz did not know the woman arrested in her murder, and no one in her family had ever seen the suspect, Ramirez-Cruz's stepmother told WTMJ.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...gnant-for-months-neighbors-say-131427953.html

The suspect called 911 on Thursday and said she had just given birth, but the baby was not breathing. Police and emergency officials rushed to a home near S. 7th and W. Mitchell streets and found the baby boy dead.

The woman was also taken to the hospital.

An autopsy of the full-term infant and further investigation led police back to the same address on Friday, where they found the body of the 23-year-old woman in the basement.

"The baby had been removed from her womb by force," Flynn said. He declined to identify the victims or the suspect.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...-in-death-of-baby-birth-mother-131393038.html

more at link

This is so incredibly sad for the expectant woman and her husband. How can anyone do this??

I hope the woman who did this to Maritza Ramirez-Cruz and her baby Omar will rot in he!!.

Appears to be the same motive as in almost all of these type of cases. The suspect already had three children but the current boyfriend was not their father. New boyfriend in the home and wanting to keep him by providing him with a child.

What I feel like saying right now would probably get me banned, so I'll refrain.

I am crying now picturing those sweet lil babies w/o their mother. What a vicious and psychotic .. I don't even want to call her a person .. No punishment could ever heal all the destroyed lives of both families. Sick . Sick.. Sick

Why don't people use their brains?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/1...from-wisconsin-woman-killing-mother-and-baby/

Annette Morales-Rodriguez, 33, faces one count each of first-degree intentional homicide while armed and first-degree intentional homicide of an unborn child while armed in the death of Maritza Ramirez-Cruz and the boy she was set to deliver next week. Morales-Rodriguez faces mandatory life in prison if convicted.

suspect2.jpg

She told investigators she planned for two weeks to find a pregnant woman, take the baby and make it hers . . . Morales-Rodriguez drove around on Wednesday searching for a pregnant woman, but found none. On Thursday she drove around a nonprofit organization that provides Hispanics with health care & found Ramirez-Cruz, a 23-year-old who had moved from Puerto Rico to join her childhood sweetheart, Christian Mercado. They had three children together & Ramirez-Cruz was carrying their fourth.

Telling Ramirez-Cruz she needed to change her shoes, she drove them to her weathered two-story house on Milwaukee's south side. Ramirez-Cruz went inside to use the bathroom. When she emerged, Morales-Rodriguez was waiting for her with a baseball bat.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/1...-woman-killing-mother-and-baby/#ixzz1aS3ehkO3

This case is so sick and disturbing. I wonder if this woman had any mental issues previously?

how was she hoping to pass off a Puerto Rican child as her own

I am sorry,but this woman deserves the DP..That poor man has no money,no more wife and has to raise 3 children on his own...I wish i could help him!!!!

I am sorry,but this woman deserves the DP..That poor man has no money,no more wife and has to raise 3 children on his own...I wish i could help him!!!!

I agree DP. The husband insists his wife would not get in a strangers car, I believe she was forced in that car by Annette based on her violent behavior and lying ways. So sad.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20111012-pregnant-mom-fundraiser,0,3701327.story

Angelica Duria

FOX6 Reporter

2:30 p.m. CDT, October 12, 2011
WITI-TV, MILWAUKEE— A southside family is grieving over the murder of a mother and her unborn son. The two were killed by a woman police say was trying to steal her baby.

Now, the family is left with the challenge of paying for two funerals, and one local school is doing their part to show support and help this family.

At St. Martini Lutheran School on Milwaukee's south side, all 252 students usually come dressed in a button down shirt and khaki pants or slacks. On Wednesday, a majority of them came to school wearing denim blue

"We have a jean day. Every student can be out of uniform and they bring a dollar," Principal Charles Asche said.

Here comes the insanity defense!

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19232573

How predictable...

LOL you have to admit that pretending you are pregnant for months then going out and kidnapping a pregnant woman, then cutting into her to take her baby is a bit off.

But to pass an insanity defense, she will have to prove she was incapable of knowing right from wrong. And hiding the woman's body in the basement when she called 911 about the baby is a good indication that she did know right from wrong.

I do wonder though. She obviously wanted to hide the mother and her death. But she wanted to acknowlege the baby's death. She probably wanted the sympathy for having the stillborn baby. I wonder if she felt grief over the loss of the baby or if she really felt relief. Here she had all the credit for the pregnancy and anticipating the sympathy for the death, yet she didn't have the bother of caring for a newborn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back