Deceased/Not Found DC - Unique Harris, 24, Washington DC, 10 Oct 2010 *arrest, guilty*

myzzy

Just me!
Reaction score
I hope she is found safe soon

Police and Harris' family don't have any leads on where she might have gone or why she went missing. But Bonilla said authorities do not have reason to think foul play was involved.

Harris is described as a black woman who is about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 123 to 130 pounds. She has brown eyes, short brown hair and a light complexion. Police said Harris has tattoos on her lower back and on her left arm.

When she was last seen, Harris was wearing a white shirt and gray pants.

Bonilla said Harris is not believed to have any medical or mental health conditions that could be related to her disappearance.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/l...-case-of-missing-woman-1338877-105811063.html

http://newsroom.dc.gov/show.aspx/agency/mpdc/section/2/release/20649/year/2010

October 22, 2010
Missing Person: Unique Harris
The Metropolitan Police Department is seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing person identified as 24-year-old Unique Harris. She was last seen on Saturday, October 9, 2010 in the 2400 block of Hartford Street, SE.

Ms. Harris is described as a black female, 5’7” in height, weighing approximately 123 – 130 pounds, with brown eyes, short brown hair, and light complexion. She has tattoos on her lower back and left arm. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and gray pants.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Unique Harris is asked to call police at (202) 727-9099.

Prayers that Unique will be located and her family receive their needed answers. Gone too long with no leads. May someone brave come forward with information. This young mom has children calling for her everyday.
UniqueHarris24MISSINGOct092010-WashingtonDC.jpg

I saw a thread in the Information/Support forum but thought I'd start one here. I just heard about this case today when I was reading about it on The Washington Post's website.

It sounds highly suspicious:
- no reason to leave
- purse left behind
- children left behind
- eyeglasses left on the bed (she cannot see without them)

Where are you, Unique? :(

A young mother, gone without a trace

...One year ago, on Oct. 10, 24-year-old Unique Harris disappeared from her home in Southeast Washington in the middle of the night, while her children slept in the next room. There was no indication of foul play. Her family members were left with no clues and no answers — just a hole in their lives....

More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...hout-a-trace/2011/10/03/gIQAkDJoYL_story.html

Unique%2BHarris%2B24%2BMISSING%2BOct%2B09%2B2010%2B-%2BWashington%2BDC.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-W6IirUvZ8...is+24+MISSING+Oct+09+2010+-+Washington+DC.jpg

Interesting case. Thanks for posting about it. There are so many unanswered questions, though...

has her phone been pinged? Any evidence for where it went?
The article suggested something to the effect that the phone kept behaving as though it was charged, even beyond the point when it "should have" run out of battery. Does this mean that LE thinks that someone was charging the phone? Was Unique's phone charger missing?

They make a big deal out of the fact that her new Dolce & Gabana eyeglasses were left behind. What about her previous pair?

Is there any evidence for internet activities such as match.com and the like? Craigslist? Other singles/personals sites?

Family Seeks Help in Finding Missing DC Mother
Friday April 22, 2011

snipped...

"It's so hard to have a child and not know where they are," Valencia Harris says.

24-year-old Unique Harris disappeared October 9th of last year. Her family reported her missing a day later. Valencia says she had just spoken to her, as she did every day. Nothing seemed out of order.

"She sounded like she was there having fun with the kids," Valencia says. "My niece was there with them. She was 10 years old. She was there spending the night."

Valencia says Unique put her four and five-year-old sons, plus her niece to bed. When they woke up, Unique was gone.

Valencia says the 10-year-old remembers hearing voices, but her recollection has been vague. The anguished mother believes whoever took her daughter was someone Unique knew and trusted. Only her keys and cell phone were missing.

...D.C. Police and Unique's family are hoping someone will come forward to help give them the answers they need to finally bring the young mother home.

"My grandchildren need to know where their mom is because they are hurting more than anybody," says Valencia. "I'm not asking, I'm begging for you to bring my child back to her children and her family."

Valencia says she believes Unique's boyfriend and her sons' father knows more than he's told police. She says the two were embroiled in a custody battle. He is currently caring for the two little boys.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/dc/...inding-missing-dc-mother-042111#ixzz1aW0DtINE

[video at link]

OK I watched the "Find our Missing" episode last night. Can someone please tell me why the police would not say who called Unique at 3:00 A.M.? I cannot make sense out of that.

Local group keeps spotlight on missing Black kids

[snip]

BAMFI (Black and Missing Foundation, Inc.) has partnered with other media organizations including Ebony magazine, The Griot, and News One.

These relationships have helped Valencia Harris of Temple Hills, MD, to share her story with the world. Her 24-year-old daughter Unique went missing in October 2010. “My first thought in the morning is Unique, mama’s going to find you or die trying,” Harris said.

The young mother had a movie night at home with her two sons Richard, 7 and U’Andre’, 5 and her cousin Talaya Reed, 12, and the next morning, Unique was gone.

There appeared to have been a struggle between Unique and an unknown person overnight, and Unique’s purse and glasses were left behind in the apartment. Valencia knew this was uncharacteristic of Unique.

“I told my daughter I didn’t want her to move in there,” said Harris. When Unique told her mother about the Southeast apartment that she had her eye on, Harris told her she didn’t care for the neighborhood. But Unique was very independent and headstrong.

The evening after Unique disappeared, Harris contacted the police, and they filed a police report. The authorities also checked the jails and hospitals for any new check-ins. The police got the ball rolling, but when Harris turned to the media, she encountered some roadblocks.

More: http://www.districtchronicles.com/n...-on-missing-black-kids-1.2895595#.UFgg81F42So

http://www.districtchronicles.com/n...-on-missing-black-kids-1.2895595#.UFhX1bIiZ2B

By Courtney R. Battle
Contributing Writer
Published: Sunday, September 9, 2012
Updated: Sunday, September 9, 2012 16:09

<snipped>
BAMFI has partnered with other media organizations including Ebony magazine, The Griot, and News One.

These relationships have helped Valencia Harris of Temple Hills, MD, to share her story with the world. Her 24-year-old daughter Unique went missing in October 2010. “My first thought in the morning is Unique, mama’s going to find you or die trying,” Harris said.

Cold Case Profile #3: Missing Person Unique Harris

Cold Case Profile #3: Missing Person Unique Harris - YouTube

The Metropolitan Police Department continues to investigate the disappearance of Unique Harris on October 9, 2010 at approximately 10:00 PM. Ms.Harris was last seen at her home in the 2400 block of Hartford Street, SE, in Washington, DC. This video provides additional information about the missing person from family members who urge you to aid in bringing closure to this case.

Detectives seek your help in locating Ms. Harris and ask you to contact Detective Eddie Voysest at (202) 724-2436 or the Department's Command Information Center at (202) 727-9099.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/19/simmons-boys-want-missing-mom-home-for-christmas/

By Deborah Simmons-The Washington Times
Wednesday, December 19, 2012

In a couple of days, just prior to Santa Claus delivering Christmas cheer as only he can, Richard Harris will turn 9 years old, and one of the things his maternal grandmother, Valencia Harris, says she prays he has for his birthday and during this holiest of seasons is his mother’s arms wrapped around him and younger brother U’Andre, 6.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back