Q & A ~ Ask a question, leave an answer. NO DISCUSSIONS

c@rol

Reaction score
Ya'll can delete this after.. I'm just really curious.

I'm noticing that threads get closed after a certain point. With Lisa's case threads going hot and heavy, sometimes I can find 3 new pages accumulated as I was reading through 1.

Anyway.. so the format now is particular topics.. We have the box wine thread, the cistern thread.. theories thread... etc. So lets say someone puts a question in there.. and half the people don't get to view it until they get home from work.. there is no opportunity to respond or contribute to it because it's already locked.

Is there a particular number of pages that threads are allowed to go to before they have to be locked? Is it because they bog down the forum or something?

If someone has something to contribute to a locked thread, is the correct procedure to open a new thread on the same topic?

I'm just curious as to why this system is in place. Pardon if I'm the only person here who has no idea. I'm just getting to some of these threads and it's a little bit frustrating that I can't add my :twocents:

Usually threads are closed at about 20 or so pages, as a rule.

You can copy and paste a post from a closed thread and bring it onto a new open thread, if that helps. And then respond to it.

I usually close them at around 1000 posts. :)

I'm going to change the title of this thread so our many new members have a place to ask general questions too. Thanks c@rol for starting it!

Thanks.

So is it because it causes issues to the site performance?

So it's ok to open a new thread on an already discussed topic.. unless it was locked because it's against the rules to discuss.. rumors etc?

Thanks.

So is it because it causes issues to the site performance?

So it's ok to open a new thread on an already discussed topic.. unless it was locked because it's against the rules to discuss.. rumors etc?

It depends. Some are closed because the thread has gone so far off topic that the thread doesn't make sense as far as the Opening Post, or OP, is concerned.

Today one was closed when a resolution to the search was reported.

When I said 1,000 posts, I was talking about the length of an ongoing discussion. Some people's computers start to bog down when the threads get too long, so we close them and open another.

There should always be a reason listed at the end of the old thread so you know if a new one can be started or not. Hope that makes sense! :)

Question: Has the 2:30 phone call/text information been substantiated on MSM or by LE or was that just a rumor from a FB or comment section?

Question: has anyone seen the backpack wearing, bike riding, homeless handyman since baby Lisa disappeared?

What time did Dad leave for work?

Did Dad come home at any time between the time he went to work, and when he came home after work at 3:30am?

What did Mom and Dad do other than screaming Lisa's name and looking around the house for the half hour between 3:30am when Dad got home, and 4:04am when the 911 call was made?

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1206812569001/report-mother-of-missing-baby-failed-lie-detector-test[/ame]

Fox news is stating that their local affiliate did state that a 2:30am phone call did occur. But that LE has not verified it. So no we don't know for sure.

Does anyone know the make and models of the missing cell phones? And the service providers? Thanks.

Question: Has the "wine guy" on the surveillance tape been identified?

He has been identified by LE but not to the public, if that makes sense. LE knows who he is and said there was nothing scandalous regarding the store visit accompanying Deborah but he has not been named to the media as yet.

Where was Lisa when the neighbour came over and her child and the boys were watching a movie in their room? Was she outside with DB and the neighbour or was she in bed at this time? Was JI still home? What time did he leave for work?

What time did the neighbour and her child leave?

What time did Lisa put the boys to bed?

Did she put the younger boy to bed in his room or hers?

Was Jeremy unemployed before this first shift on the night shift?

Was the wine red or white? (I have a reason for wanting to know this!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back