HLN Coverage On Baby Lisa This Hour 10/17/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Baby Lisa will be discussed by Vinnie Politan on HLN now.

I don't know if HLN is livestreamed.

Lisa Irwin case up now (after commercial, unless it was a very brief recap of the day's events).

Peter A. commenting on his interview with Deborah and Jeremy.

First time dad worked an overnight shift
Mom was home with the kids and she admits she was drinking and drank enough to get drunk

She knew her husband was working overnight and she would be the sole caregiver....so why get drunk? who would care for the kids, especially having a baby around??? I don't get it, why drink to the point of getting drunk???.

I understand having a drink or 2...but she did not stop..she kept drinking until she got drunk...

She thinks alcohol does not change a person enough to do harm....well I disagree.IMO.

Psychologist addressing drinking with small children in the home.

I got on to late but vinnie said to follow him on twitter ............
VinniePolitan

Baby Lisa case will be covered on the Joy Behar show tonight (HLN 10:00PM).

he just had some twitter feeds on.......good comments
Vinnie said he doe not drink, interesting

call 1-877-TellHLN

sound off on his facebook

expert says a sober person should be in the house while others drink.

So who is the friend that D was apparently drinking with? Any background on her/him. Did the information that she was at home drunk passed out fall into the wrong hands?

Not really much of an update on the case. Mostly just discussing whether or not parents should drink when they're responsible for the care of children. Maybe more on the other HLN programs tonight.

Now talking about Joe T. coming onboard in defending the parents.

That's all for Vinnie. Will let you know if JVM is on the case next hour.

Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell now up and case being discussed.

JVM is covering it.

There's one thing that keeps bugging me about the reporting today.

The time DB put Lisa to bed. First we heard (or thought) it was the 10:30 time - that was cleared up and we had all been going on the 7:30 time.

Now its 6:40.

Yet, HLN especially just keeps saying at first it was 10:30 and now its 6:40.

Get it right guys.............................sheesh

Mom was home with the kids and she admits she was drinking and drank enough to get drunk

She knew her husband was working overnight and she would be the sole caregiver....so why get drunk? who would care for the kids, especially having a baby around??? I don't get it, why drink to the point of getting drunk???.

I understand having a drink or 2...but she did not stop..she kept drinking until she got drunk...

She thinks alcohol does not change a person enough to do harm....well I disagree.IMO.

I completely agree with her - nobody does anything drunk that they don't want to do sober. When you're drunk, you do what you really want to do but are inhibited. (except accidental stuff like dropping things or getting in car wrecks).

Granted, I don't know the context of this quote, but on the surface...Seriously? Is she completely unacquainted with the term "bar fight"?

ETA, also in my semi-professional opinion, removal of inhibitions is itself a big enough change that it could lead to someone causing harm. It all depends on what inhibitions we are talking about, and how completely they are removed.

[/B]

Granted, I don't know the context of this quote, but on the surface...Seriously? Is she completely unacquainted with the term "bar fight"?

The term "liquid courage" does come to mind.

But, I don't believe a person who was not already thinking about killing their child, would kill them just because they were drunk

IMO

[/B]

I don't think men in bar fights have a changed personality when they drink. I don't know many guys who routinely fight in bars, but the ones I do know are kind of looking for a fight all the time, sober or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong