Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
The parents of missing toddler Lisa Irwin haven't submitted to an interview with detectives for the last 10 days to answer questions about things "they might only know," police said today.

The 11-month-old girl vanished from her crib Oct. 3. Police have not named any suspects in the girl's disappearance, but the story of mother Deborah Bradley has altered somewhat and she has admitted to being drunk that night, possibly even blacking out.

Kansas City Police Capt. Steve Young expressed some frustration today with Bradley and the girl's father, Jeremy Irwin.

"The last time that the mom and dad sat down with detectives to answer questions about things they might only know was Oct. 8," Young told ABCNews.com.

"And that time, and previous times, there came a point when Deborah became uncomfortable and stopped the questioning," Young said.

Young conceded that the parents have spoken with detectives since Oct. 8, but only to clarify information about tips that have come in.

"We strongly believe that that parent's cooperation and involvement is critical [in finding Lisa]," Young said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-parents-dodge-questions-police/story?id=14760706

another snip from this article:

"I am aware that he offered some vague criticisms of the police department," Young said. "I think all reasonable people know that are doing things and we know things that are not a matter of public record."

"Should we develop something that we think will benefit the case by making public, by all means we'll be doing that," the captain said. "But to make the assumption that we're putting all our eggs in one basket would be wildly inaccurate."

I had said on another thread that the parents have not cooperated with police or helped them out and kind of got a bad response but this proves it. They arent doing what a "normal" parent would do as far as I am concerned. Why would you not want to help the police find your child. Why would you not want to answer questions the police asks you. Why would you shun the police like this. Why would you deter the investigation so. Why? Because you are guilty and if you help you are helping them arrest you. You dont help like that if you dont want to get caught. thats the only reasonable explanation. Its such a sad situation. If she didnt want her child, there are many people out there that would have taken her as their own..

Parents not answering vital questions?

"Houston, we have a problem." :innocent:

I find it very funny that yesterday radar online posted a short interview with BS on how window of opportunity is getting smaller every day. Just as a news came out that DB doesn't even know if she checked on the child at 10:30. So her own private investigator seemed to be clueless. Geez.

This public statement doesn't make sense. I would like to hear from the parents attorneys weather the police have submitted questions to the parents that they refused to answer. I don't buy it.

Too bad the announcement is now, with any attorneys backing them, they will be instructed to talk no further - that they have talked enough.

This public statement doesn't make sense. I would like to hear from the parents attorneys weather the police have submitted questions to the parents that they refused to answer. I don't buy it.

the LE statement was made in response to the statement by the attorney

I will have to say that I tend to believe the police on this one. They have said from the very beginning that the parents are not cooperating and so far, the police havent changed their story, yet on the other hand you have DB and JI changing their story daily. I think I'll go with consistency in this case.

Too bad the announcement is now, with any attorneys backing them, they will be instructed to talk no further - that they have talked enough.
Oct 4th (lisa goes missing)
four days later
Oct 8th (last answered questions in the case)
about two days later
Oct 10th (around a week ago per lawyer was when he began talking to the family)
seven days later
Oct 17th (family announces attorney)
Oct 18th (media date to turn in materials to grand jury)

it is interesting when looking at the sequence of events... I didn't even add in the media blitz and wild bill yet...

I will have to say that I tend to believe the police on this one. They have said from the very beginning that the parents are not cooperating and so far, the police havent changed their story, yet on the other hand you have DB and JI changing their story daily. I think I'll go with consistency in this case.

I thought LE made a statement that the family was cooperating with them again.

The parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri baby once again are cooperating with the investigation into the girl's disappearance, a police official said tonight.

Kansas City, Mo., police captain Steve Young said detectives were meeting with the family, but there still were no suspects or solid leads into the whereabouts of Lisa Irwin, who has been missing from her Kansas City home since Monday night.

"They're talking with us and that is absolutely the best thing," Young said.

FBI agents also were meeting with the missing girl's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, ABC News has learned.

On Thursday, Young said Irwin and Bradley no longer were cooperating with the investigation, though the parents maintained that they continued to cooperate and only were taking a break.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...rating-investigation-police/story?id=14695496

The parents of a missing 10-month-old Missouri baby once again are cooperating with the investigation into the girl's disappearance, a police official said tonight.

Kansas City, Mo., police captain Steve Young said detectives were meeting with the family, but there still were no suspects or solid leads into the whereabouts of Lisa Irwin, who has been missing from her Kansas City home since Monday night.

"They're talking with us and that is absolutely the best thing," Young said.

FBI agents also were meeting with the missing girl's parents, Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, ABC News has learned.

On Thursday, Young said Irwin and Bradley no longer were cooperating with the investigation, though the parents maintained that they continued to cooperate and only were taking a break.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...rating-investigation-police/story?id=14695496

That was 10 days ago.

Her voice saying "I had nothing to do with..." reminds me a lot of Misty Croslin. She had the same indignant tone.

Doc, in the statement to ABC Captain Young clarified.. he said they have talked about tips and leads but not answered any questions since october 8th.

I think DB is the key or holds the key to where Lisa is. Sad :( to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member