VA VA - Shane Donahue, 23, Nokesville, 22 March 2010

deelytful1

*~a mere mortal~*
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxdc.com//dpp/news/vi...e-in-finding-missing-son-shane-donahue-101811

Prince William County Parents Still Hold Hope in Finding Their Missing Son Shane Donahue

Her husband says "you walk around like you're in a daydream." His parents say when they went to Shane's apartment after he disappeared, the lights and television were still on.

"He was last seen in the area of his residence,” says Det. Brian Wing of Prince William County Police. “He had two cell phones. Both of those phones went off, went dead, within a period of a minute of each other.”

This has to be like hell on earth for these parents of missing children..
So very sad...

The facebook page says he was last seen in a box truck belonging to an electric company.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/113350765347517/

Shane's FB page...

Friends and family and all of northern virginia this group has been created to spread the word for the search of Shane Donahue last seen on Monday March 22, 2010.

Height: 6'3
Weight:185
Eyes: Brown

He was last seen Monday March 22, 2010. Shane was in a Hickerson Brother Electric box truck being drove by Timmy Hickerson on Aden road in Nokesville heading towards Route 28

For any tips or leads please contact 866-411-8477
The number is anonymous, so no one will know who you are

My heart goes out to Shane's parents.

His Mom Donna's posts on the facebook page made a big lump in my throat. I hope the news story brings in some tips.

What happened to Shane Donahue?

Donna Donahue marks the days since her son's disappearance on the calendar in her kitchen.

She has a huge sign in her front yard seeking information, too. But, it seems, Shane Donahue has disappeared without a trace.

[snip]

Donahue was with Timothy Hickerson when he dropped by his mom's the day he disappeared. He rode off in the passenger seat of the blue box truck, with Hickerson driving.

Timothy Hickerson is the last person known to have seen Shane Donahue, police say.

"He is a person of interest in this case," Wing said.

More: http://www2.insidenova.com/news/2011/dec/21/3/what-happened-shane-donahue-ar-1560138/

Few answers for N.Va. family about man's disappearance

When Shane Donahue suddenly said, "Mom, I've got to go," shortly before dinner, Donna Donahue didn't know what was happening -- but she never imagined it would be the last time she would see her 23-year-old son.

That was two years ago this month, and no one has figured out why Shane Donahue left and never returned.

More: http://washingtonexaminer.com/local...rs-nva-family-about-mans-disappearance/368376

From article in link above (post #9) it says:

"Shane Donahue would be 25 years old now. He is described as white, about 5 feet 11 inches tall and 180 pounds"

But on the FB group he is described as 6' 3", 185 lbs.

Not sure it matters but to compare UIDs or sightings, I think it matters very much. Just something that caught my eye.

I am SO SURPRISED this thread is so inactive!!!! :(

I've never heard of this case before. What a friendly face..I hope his loved ones will get answers soon.

This is my first time hearing about Shane's case. It truly is a baffling one! I just pray that his family will get the answers that they've been looking for.

Why isn't Shane in NAMUS?

Shane was added in 2012 to NamUs but no dna sample is available.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13568/35

Status Missing
First name Shane
Middle name Ryan
Last name Donahue
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen March 22, 2010 00:00
Date entered 01/11/2012
Age last seen 23 to years old
Age now 27 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 71.0
Weight (pounds) 180.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Shane has been missing for 4 years now.

No new information but still good to see a recent article for Shane.
Police Seek Help in 2010 Missing Person Case
March 24, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Mr. Donahue was entered into the national missing persons database when he was reported missing in 2010. Over the past four years, detectives from the Violent Crimes Bureau, including the Cold Case Office, continue to investigate this case and are seeking the public’s help with providing any additional information which may help solve this case.

Shane was a nice guy that made some bad choices which pretty much led to whatever happened. Not that he deserved anything, not at all, but he was living a risky lifestyle so to speak. I think the police and most of the public are confident that the last person that he was seen with knows what happened and where he is, but there is no physical evidence and he's not talking. There was a disagreement before that day that had not been resolved. That person is currently doing time for gun store robberies that occurred after Shane disappeared. There is also speculation that maybe one or two others may be involved but so far nothing concrete has come up on that either.

It would be good if he can be found so that there is some kind of closure but at this point there may not be enough physical evidence left to point to anybody. The police have made it clear that they don't think that he's alive and we don't either. Hopefully somebody will slip up and say something that leads to this being solved. If there was only one person involved and he hasn't said anything at all by now though some of us are afraid that may never happen.

Prince William County Police Department posted on their FB for Shane this week.

COLD CASE CORNER: Missing Person Shane Ryan Donahue
March 17, 2015 at 9:58am
https://www.facebook.com/notes/prin...ing-person-shane-ryan-donahue/822839237765511
Shane has been missing for 5 years. He was last seen on March 22, 2010, leaving his parents’ home on Aden Road and going to his home which was also on Aden Road in Nokesville. Shane was 25 years old at the time of his disappearance.

If you have information regarding his case please contact us. Many years have passed and family and friends hope for closure.

If you have concerns about publicly coming forward, we can address them when you contact the Cold Case Unit at 703-792-7279, send an email to policedept@pwcgov.org or message us privately on Facebook or Twitter.

You can also write to: Cold Case Unit, Prince William County Police Department, 15948 Donald Curtis Drive, Woodbridge, VA 22191.

If you would like to remain anonymous, you may contact the Crime Solvers hotline at 703-670-3700 or 1-866-411-TIPS. You don't have to give your name, just the information.

Thank you for sharing this post.

Older post of theirs with interesting comments:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/prin...rsons-cold-case-shane-donahue/553304521385652

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back