Live MSM coverage on Baby Lisa 20 October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Good morning! :seeya:

Here's today's MSM thread. Hopefully we'll hear some GOOD news today!

A key part of the investigation into the disappearance of 11-month-old Lisa Irwin has been police search dogs that the media has been asked not to show while they work.

The FBI specifically requested that these dogs not be photographed while they work. The agency has gone as far as even restricting news helicopters from flying near where the dogs are working.

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29537788/detail.html#ixzz1bKBKQciN

Okay, how many people on here can not remember what they did last night from 5:00 p.m. on? Just wondering? Would your timeline change two or three days from now? Mine wouldn't.

I ate dinner with my husband at 5:00 p.m., finished about 5:20 p.m., cleared the table, put the dishes in the dishwasher, fed the dog and let her out, it was then 6:00 p.m., sat and watched the news. At 7:00 p.m. got on the computer for an hour, then came out to the t.v. room and watched television with my husband until 9:30 p.m.. Read in bed until we got tired and fell asleep around 10:00p.m. Woke up at 1:30 a.m. to use the bathroom, fell back to sleep until 6:00 a.m. when my dog woke me up, she had to go out. No lapses in memory, no trips to the store that I forgot.

When my children were younger, my husband and I had a routine we followed every evening. Before going to bed we always checked to make sure both front and back doors were locked, then turned off the lights in the living area, checked all the children before going to our bedroom. We would never think of going to bed without checking the doors or our children and it was the same every night. We seldom drank in our home, unless we had company or we went out with friends, a rare occurance, but we limited our drinking to two, no more, we knew we were still parents when we returned home and had a responsibility to our children in case there was an emergency, that is what being a parent is about, being responsible for them and doing all you can to protect them.

I still don't believe that DB was drunk, IMO she is using that as an excuse because she wants everyone to think that is why she is having trouble remembering. DB knows what happened, that is why her timeline keeps changing, because most of the things she said she did, didn't actually happen. If they did, she would remember. It is easier to say you are a drunk than to admit you harmed your child. JMHO

Years ago my family was faced with a terrible event, yet to this day I could tell you word for word what we were doing before our world began to spin out of control. No lapses of memory, never has been, even though it turned our world upside down for awhile.

Okay, how many people on here can not remember what they did last night from 5:00 p.m. on? Just wondering? Would your timeline change two or three days from now? Mine wouldn't.

I ate dinner with my husband at 5:00 p.m., finished about 5:20 p.m., cleared the table, put the dishes in the dishwasher, fed the dog and let her out, it was then 6:00 p.m., sat and watched the news. At 7:00 p.m. got on the computer for an hour, then came out to the t.v. room and watched television with my husband until 9:30 p.m.. Read in bed until we got tired and fell asleep around 10:00p.m. Woke up at 1:30 a.m. to use the bathroom, fell back to sleep until 6:00 a.m. when my dog woke me up, she had to go out. No lapses in memory, no trips to the store that I forgot.

When my children were younger, my husband and I had a routine we followed every evening. Before going to bed we always checked to make sure both front and back doors were locked, then turned off the lights in the living area, checked all the children before going to our bedroom. We would never think of going to bed without checking the doors or our children and it was the same every night. We seldom drank in our home, unless we had company or we went out with friends, a rare occurance, but we limited our drinking to two, no more, we knew we were still parents when we returned home and had a responsibility to our children in case there was an emergency, that is what being a parent is about, being responsible for them and doing all you can to protect them.

I still don't believe that DB was drunk, IMO she is using that as an excuse because she wants everyone to think that is why she is having trouble remembering. DB knows what happened, that is why her timeline keeps changing, because most of the things she said she did, didn't actually happen. If they did, she would remember. It is easier to say you are a drunk than to admit you harmed your child. JMHO

Years ago my family was faced with a terrible event, yet to this day I could tell you word for word what we were doing before our world began to spin out of control. No lapses of memory, never has been, even though it turned our world upside down for awhile.

Exactly. Most parents have a nightly routine that can be easily remembered. Any deviation from that routine, for whatever reason, IMO, would be remembered even more. Odd, how tragedies in life seem to burn mental images into your memory.....

Exactly. Most parents have a nightly routine that can be easily remembered. Any deviation from that routine, for whatever reason, IMO, would be remembered even more. Odd, how tragedies in life seem to burn mental images into your memory.....

There's a term for that: Flashbulb memory.

A flashbulb memory is a detailed and vivid memory that is stored on one occasion and retained for a lifetime.

People also may form flashbulb memories of important personal events, such as hearing about the death of a family member or witnessing an unusual trauma such as a disaster.

http://www.memorylossonline.com/glossary/flashbulbmemory.html

Profiler Mary Ellen Toole says the police is matching strategies with the family who now have a warrant.

The story is edited, so I can't tell if the snippets are far apart or close in the interview and what may have happened in between but I am struck by the difference in DB's demeanor when she replies that someone must have been watching the home for however long (completely calm, collected) and saying she doesn't want to go home again because it's not the same (sobbing).

It may not mean anything, I'm just struck.

I'm thinking Joe Tacopina has been in the picture longer than he officially has been representing the family because his statement says the police have had unfettered access because "we" want answers. If he hadn't been there making the decisions during the earlier searches he would say "the family wants answers" without including himself in the reasoning.

You have that right. My alarm goes off every morning at 5.30. Three kids to get to school. 9 year old leaves at 6.35 i go to bus stop . back at 6.45 pack 2 lunches and make high schoolers breakfast. hes out door at 7.30. next kid 19 out door for school at 8.10. vacuum. clean up downstairs.put a load of wash in. check this site. sometimes way longer than i should lol. today is thursday. highschooler plays football tonite. 9 year old has practice. to make a long story short. Everything in my schedule is a time thing. routine starts again at 5.30 next morning. moo something doesnt make sense. moo

I kinda liked what the PI had to say this morning on the Today show.
He brought up a couple times about Lisa's mom walking and doing something with Lisa..... Did she not have access to a vehicle that night??? Maybe that is why LE is so focused around the house...
I was sure Lisa's mom had something to do with it...
I'm back on the fence this morning *sigh*

Some random thoughts on Bill Stanton's appearance :)blowkiss:patty!)

- Since when is shaking a baby an accident?
- Once you eliminate did Mom walk, did she drive, did Dad...? Have those been eliminated?
- Master criminals for the virtually perfect crime. Hmmm...should I send Mr. Stanton a list of the dozens of cases we're following where remains have not been located and the suspect (again often a parent) have been neither officially named or charged.
- Virtually perfect crime? Nothing is impossible but if they have found no foreign DNA, fibers, hairs, fingerprints, shoe impressions, etc than it may very well not be a perfect crime at all.
- He does admit, and I do give credit, that there is nothing to either confirm nor deny this could be an inside job but he has problems with Mom only having 5.15 hours to commit this crime...imo, that is a long time and still based on her timeline.

The Private Investigator states that the parents would have to be "master criminals" to have pulled this off as this is a perfect crime...then on the flip side of that I would have to respond, If someone else abducted this child, then they (the abducter) would have to be a "master criminal" as well.

I would still like to know who, apart from family, saw Lisa last.
Bill Stanton gives her time from 10.30 onwards and that's what I thought earlier, because of the neighbor being there. But now I'm thinking maybe she had to change Lisa's bedtime to be earlier because the neighbor was there at 7.30 and never saw DB put Lisa to bed. Did she see Lisa at all that night?

BS is not a very good spokesperson. He thinks out loud it seems. He has good points but does not make them clearly, and could be misconstrued. Perhaps it is just time to let JT do the talking and let BS and "his team", whomever that is, work in the background.

I would still like to know who, apart from family, saw Lisa last.
Bill Stanton gives her time from 10.30 onwards and that's what I thought earlier, because of the neighbor being there. But now I'm thinking maybe she had to change Lisa's bedtime to be earlier because the neighbor was there at 7.30 and never saw DB put Lisa to bed. Did she see Lisa at all that night?

I am wondering the same, the timeline the police have verified could go all the way back to the party on Sunday. If they are trying to verify from a source other than JI or DB this timeline could be 36 hours easily.

I've got to disagree with BS about the perfect crime. There are thousands of cold cases out there and it's not necessarily that they were all perfect crimes, it's just that LE hasn't been able to find all the evidence they need. it's very difficult to prosecute successfully without a body.

I wouldn't consider I had committed a perfect crime if I was under a lot of suspicion that I did it.

I'm suspicious of the neighbour too though! (Heck I'm suspicious of everybody anyway but...)

We don't know how close she and DB are; what she initially told investigators; how much she had to drink that night and most importantly, what evidence was removed from her home. I want a completely independent sighting of Lisa in between the birthday party and when she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff