*alleged* Baby Lisa sightings.

not_my_kids

Reaction score
I'm going to go dig up links in a minute and add them to this post.

1. We have the neighbor that thought they saw a man carrying a child wearing only a diaper on the night/early morning that Lisa disappeared.

2. We apparently have a second sighting that corroborates that sighting.

3. There are the women in the diner that left without eating after they noticed that someone was watching them and reporting them.

4. Another sighting the same day as the diner sighting, also in Kansas City.

Any others? (Links will be up in just a minute.)

Mods if this doesn't need it's own thread, then merge or delete with my apologies. I know the diapered baby sighting already has a thread, but people seem to be getting confused as to how many supposed sightings there have been and where they were.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-eyewitnesses-convinced-sighting/story?id=14786129
The link above details all the sightings to this point, some that have been discounted, and some that have not been directly addressed as to their validity.

The diner one was confirmed not to be Lisa. There's a thread here somewhere started by me when the news first broke.

The diner one was confirmed not to be Lisa. There's a thread here somewhere started by me when the news first broke.

Thank you. I looked, but I didn't see it. It must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Thanks for letting me know.

I think there was a tip of a someone seen in California that had a baby with them that looked like this baby in question. I believe it was ruled out also.

The one with the husband and wife (the one where the wife has been interviewed 4 times) bugs me because each story is conflicting. First she says her husband told her to call 911 because of what he saw, and as time has gone by, she is describing what SHE saw. I wonder if that is why she has been interviewed 4 times? Inconsistency?

the thread on the manhattan sighting is closed as it was discounted.. all other sightings and discussion can go here...

None of the sightings are confirmed to be Lisa. :waitasec:

None of the sightings are confirmed to be Lisa? :waitasec:

Manhattan diner/deli definitely confirmed; St Joseph Love's travel center and California airport sightings both discounted.

Manhattan diner/deli definitely confirmed; St Joseph Love's travel center and California airport sightings both discounted.

No...NO sighting is confirmed to be Lisa.

ETA: I guess I'm taking issue with the title of the thread. Can't say Lisa was sighted anywhere, unless it's been confirmed that the baby seen was, in fact, Lisa.

Babies at that age are difficult to differentiate.. unless it's someone familiar with the baby.

Back in 1992 when Hailey Hardwick went missing in Atlanta, my daughter was the same age and looked very similar to Hailey. I can't tell you how many people pointed the resemblence out to me. Almost to the point where as a young mother, I was afraid the police would be knocking on my door at any moment.

I don't think this will be solved with someone spotting a baby who looks like Lisa out in public and reporting it. LE must be driven batty with all the "sightings" - she looks so typical of a plain ol' baby. There's a CNN story on the website now about an illegal surrogate ring, opens with a video of a baby and I thought they were using Baby Lisa's image to connect to the story in some way. Every single day I see babies that look just like her.

I think what they need to focus on is parents who didn't have a baby before and now (unwittingly perhaps) have Baby Lisa through adoption, or a parent who had a baby but now the baby looks and acts different and looks just like Baby Lisa.

ETA: I guess I'm taking issue with the title of the thread. Can't say Lisa was sighted anywhere, unless it's been confirmed that the baby seen was, in fact, Lisa.

I have added *alleged* to the title

the only sightings (that we know of) not discounted are the two near the home:

"That is something that we've followed up on," said Kansas City Police Department Sgt. Stacey Graves. "We've haven't discounted it and we have no reason to believe that they didn't see what they said that they saw."

Graves said investigators plan on continuing to follow up on tips and leads today.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...etect-smell-deceased/story?id=14786129&page=2

Yes, I know, the "confirmed" referred to the quoted post, as in "Manhattan deli sighting definitely confirmed as not baby Lisa." Just wacky ol' semantics gone awry!

sight·ing (stng)
n.
The act of catching sight of something, especially something unusual or searched for: a sighting of a whale in the harbor; a reported sighting of a UFO.

`````````````

It's still considered a "sighting" until it's checked out, ruled out, discounted and confirmed not to be.

Tips are called in as "sightings".

They're not alleged sightings! People who spot the missing person think it's them as was the case at the Diner until LE checked it out and it was NOT Lisa.

I agree Lisa looks like thousands of other babies..a real cutie!...Iam curious has there ever been a case of a baby abduction were the baby was eventually found living with "parents" through illegal adoption?
we keep hearing about baby selling but are there actual cases of this happening and being discovered?

Or is it just a wild whispers thing....babies stolen to be sold?

I agree Lisa looks like thousands of other babies..a real cutie!...Iam curious has there ever been a case of a baby abduction were the baby was eventually found living with "parents" through illegal adoption?
we keep hearing about baby selling but are there actual cases of this happening and being discovered?

Or is it just a wild whispers thing....babies stolen to be sold?

Here is such a case
Court Rules Missouri Couple Adopted Stolen Baby
The foundation claims that the child was kidnapped from her mother in 2006 and was illegally put up for adoption by traffickers who financially benefited when the child was adopted by the Missouri couple in 2008.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missouri-c...-adopted-daughter-guatemala/story?id=14234379

And an article:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22756856/ns/dateline_nbc-international_adoption/

Usually international.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member