Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
In the search warrant released by LE on Oct 21st, it states that a cadaver dog hit on an area of the floor in Deborah Bradley's bedroom on October 17th.

Cyndy Short is disputing this claim based on the fact that portions of the bedroom carpet were not taken on Oct. 19th during the search of the house.

Discuss this topic here. Do you believe the police? Do you think police have mislead the public about this? Did the dogs not hit on the scent again on October 19th?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VaaJafJwXRA#!

doesn't necessarily need to be the carpet as thats not actually stated in the SW. i think it would have been item/items that were on the floor :waitasec:

Does this lawyer really believe that the FBI is so incompetent as to leave behind the item a cadaver dog hit on? Or do they just want the public to believe that? What nonsense.

Short wants us to think that LE is making this up, in my opinion.

An FBI aynalist was on one of the news shows and stated it could have been an item that was laying beside or at the foot of the bed.

I for one noticed the door casing in that bedroom was missing on the door-knob side, and I noticed there was no transition strip going between the bedroom and adjoining room.

You can speculate that jamb and transition strip was removed to take out carpeting in the Irwins bedroom and take into consideration that perhaps there was a layer of carpet over carpet. I noticed when she pulled up the carpen near the doorway it appeared there was no carpet padding. I can see a second layer of carpeting over the one that remains. I also keep hearing reports that the carpet agents were seen carrying came out of the garage. Why on earth would they walk away from the front door with this rolled up carpet and head towards the driveway?

Some on here have asked why they were taking the carpet down the driveway if that were the case? Well, it could easily get contaminated if carried to the roadside IF there wasnt a vehicle there to haul it off at the moment, and maybe they wanted to take it out back to package it properly for transport.

Guess we won't have the answer to any of these questions unless this ends up in court.

if they were my clients i would be too :innocent:

doesn't necessarily need to be the carpet as thats not actually stated in the SW. i think it would have been item/items that were on the floor :waitasec:

Good point. Could have hit on a rug or blanket but, did not hit on the carpet. FYI, their other attorney is saying the dogs can hit on many things (such as feces or spit up) and not just the scent of a dead body. So, I guess one lawyer saying no hit and the other saying it could have been anything.

An FBI aynalist was on one of the news shows and stated it could have been an item that was laying beside or at the foot of the bed.

I for one noticed the door casing in that bedroom was missing on the door-knob side, and I noticed there was no transition strip going between the bedroom and adjoining room.

You can speculate that jamb and transition strip was removed to take out carpeting in the Irwins bedroom and take into consideration that perhaps there was a layer of carpet over carpet. I noticed when she pulled up the carpen near the doorway it appeared there was no carpet padding. I can see a second layer of carpeting over the one that remains. I also keep hearing reports that the carpet agents were seen carrying came out of the garage. Why on earth would they walk away from the front door with this rolled up carpet and head towards the driveway?

Some on here have asked why they were taking the carpet down the driveway if that were the case? Well, it could easily get contaminated if carried to the roadside IF there wasnt a vehicle there to haul it off at the moment, and maybe they wanted to take it out back to package it properly for transport.

Guess we won't have the answer to any of these questions unless this ends up in court.

Thank you, I noticed these things were missing too and I was calling it a metal thingy.

Good point. Could have hit on a rug or blanket but, did not hit on the carpet. FYI, their other attorney is saying the dogs can hit on many things (such as feces or spit up) and not just the scent of a dead body. So, I guess one lawyer saying no hit and the other saying it could have been anything.

i seen JT earlier,said he has been speaking with an "expert" on HRD dogs.

toenails really? :crazy:

I'm going to have to guess that If a cadaver dog made a "hit" they probably had another cadaver dog to confirm the "hit"... IMO

Seriously, in the middle of the night, someone who got drunk outside with her neighbor and expected to be just going to sleep, has outsmarted LE? Really?

Is LE required to disclose all cadaver dog hits to the parents?

BBM

"Cadaver dogs are trained to ignore live human scent and animal scent, and only indicate on human remains. These dogs can be used to find human remains related to crime scenes, missing persons cases and forensic evidence related to decomposing human remains."

http://www.illinoissearchdogs.org/capabilities/cadaver_dogs.shtml

"As human remains decay, they produce a variety of very distinct odors. While most of us would probably prefer to avoid ever experiencing such odors, for cadaver dogs, the odors are like a signature, because they appear nowhere else in nature. A cadaver dog can actually detect human remains through concrete, buried underground, or at the bottom of a body of water, using its extremely well-honed noses to search for faint traces of the chemicals emitted by the human body during decomposition."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-cadaver-dog.htm

There was a comforter and a "cars" themed blanket taken.

I believe and its JMHO that one of those items (if not both) was what the FBI dog hit on. They happened to be laying on the floor.

CS is spinning because the "carpet" wasn't cut to "preserve the evidence" - NOPE! LE took the evidence and that included what the dog hit on.

A blanket or comforter makes a lot of sense. Lisa did not die in THAT EXACT spot and was then left there to be wrapped and carried out - she had to have been moved at least once. BUT, if Lisa died on a blanket - well then, one could have carried her in that blanket and only the blanket came into contact with her. Make sense?

JMHO

There was a comforter and a "cars" themed blanket taken.

I believe and its JMHO that one of those items (if not both) was what the FBI dog hit on. They happened to be laying on the floor.

CS is spinning because the "carpet" wasn't cut to "preserve the evidence" - NOPE! LE took the evidence and that included what the dog hit on.

A blanket or comforter makes a lot of sense. Lisa did not die in THAT EXACT spot and was then left there to be wrapped and carried out - she had to have been moved at least once. BUT, if Lisa died on a blanket - well then, one could have carried her in that blanket and only the blanket came into contact with her. Make sense?

JMHO

It's hard to imagine they would state it that way, though. I think "the cadaver dog hit on a comforter in Deborah's room" is how it would be listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni