Conrad Murray trial -Day seventeen.

Hope everyone's ok. ?

Good morning all :)

Lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray were expected to question the witnesses, Jackson's longtime hairdresser and the entertainment executive overseeing his comeback, about his final days, a period in which they have portrayed him as racked with anxiety and addled by drugs.

The hairdresser, Karen Faye, and the executive, Randy Phillips, were to take the stand on the second of what is anticipated to be a four-day defense case. Murray, 58, stands accused of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's June 25, 2009, death.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...l-hairdresser-among-witnesses-to-testify.html

According to IS - attorneys are with the Judge outside of the Jury. The defense wants to bring in the AEG contract and the state is objecting.

According to IS - attorneys are with the Judge outside of the Jury. The defense wants to bring in the AEG contract and the state is objecting.

BBM

Good Morning Everyone... :seeya:

I'm not fully awake yet, need cuppa coffee # 2, so I'm wondering why
the state is objecting to the AEG contract being brought into court.

(According to HLN, traffic in the area may be causing a late start.)

BBM

Yes; just heard a couple of the jurors may be running late as well but the attorneys are in with the Judge so guess it worked out. :)

I don't understand what the argument is over the AEG contract either.

This is a copy of the contract:

http://dearconradmurray.com/documents/michaels-aeg-contract/

BBM

The reason the defense wants to bring it in is because they want to show the financial strain (i.e. stress) this concert tour was having on MJ. Supposedly there is a clause in the contract that allowed AEG to cancel the tour if MJ was missing rehearsals and if they cancel MJ had to pay them back all costs up to date they had spent on the tour. So, their theory is MJ put pressure on CM to give him all this propofol crap so that he wouldn't be too tired to make all the rehearsals.

The judge already ruled nothing to do with MJs finances could be brought up at the trial so that the trial stays on point and isn't derailed with areas of MJs life that have nothing to do with charges against CM.

This contract is a backdoor way of doing that.

Beth Karas just said that the judge ruled against the AEG/MJ contract coming into evidence.

Good morning all :)

Lawyers for Dr. Conrad Murray were expected to question the witnesses, Jackson's longtime hairdresser and the entertainment executive overseeing his comeback, about his final days, a period in which they have portrayed him as racked with anxiety and addled by drugs.

The hairdresser, Karen Faye, and the executive, Randy Phillips, were to take the stand on the second of what is anticipated to be a four-day defense case. Murray, 58, stands accused of involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's June 25, 2009, death.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...l-hairdresser-among-witnesses-to-testify.html

In their ongoing effort to suggest Michael Jackson was a desperate man who accidentally took his own life, defense lawyers for his former physician were set Tuesday to call two members of the singer's inner circle to the stand.

His lawyers contend Jackson gave himself a lethal amount of the surgical anesthetic propofol in an effort to deal with chronic insomnia that was jeopardizing rehearsals crucial to the success of his "This Is It" comeback concerts.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor has barred the defense from delving into Jackson's troubled finances, but in the filing, Gourjian called the contract "vital to the defense".

"It is…imperative for the jury to review the Agreement to understand the stringent requirements that were placed on Mr. Jackson and to illustrate that, under the circumstances, the actions taken by Mr. Jackson on June 25, 2009 were not unreasonable," the lawyer wrote.

The reason the defense wants to bring it in is because they want to show the financial strain (i.e. stress) this concert tour was having on MJ. Supposedly there is a clause in the contract that allowed AEG to cancel the tour if MJ was missing rehearsals and if they cancel MJ had to pay them back all costs up to date they had spent on the tour. So, their theory is MJ put pressure on CM to give him all this propofol crap so that he wouldn't be too tired to make all the rehearsals.

The judge already ruled nothing to do with MJs finances could be brought up at the trial so that the trial stays on point and isn't derailed with areas of MJs life that have nothing to do with charges against CM.

I can see why defense would want to bring that into the trial, to try and excuse Murray's actions, but it still doesn't excuse the standard of care violations. It would not excuse Murray's lack of record keeping, his lack of equipment when using propofol, or his cell phone use while visually monitoring his patient.

Oh I am sure the defense wanted the contract in... and I get them using
anything they can to show how pressured CM was to administer the propofol to MJ.

I just wasn't getting the reason the state was objecting.

But, the Judge just ruled against letting the contract in.

Here we go. Judge is talking to jury about the traffic problems they had.

Witness needs a little time to rest and catch her breath, she was caught up in traffic. Judge is talking to lawyers now.

Oh no poor Nurse Lee.

MJ's death and the entire circumstances surrounding it, and now having to talk about it, I'm sure is affecting her.
I hope she can rest for a short time and then be able to make it back to testify.

Court is in recess, for hopefully just a little bit. No time given, just a little bit hopefully.

I have never seen a witness get dizzy and eyesight go fuzzy on the stand so that court was put into recess before. Something new today.

Nurse Lee said she was dizzy and flustered, blurred vision. Judge gave her some time to go to different room to rest a bit. Jury is back in jury room.

Before she left stand, she seemed near tears and said this is very sensitive to her - judged stopped her real quick from saying what she was going to say.

Court is in recess, for hopefully just a little bit. No time given, just a little bit hopefully.

I have never seen a witness get dizzy and eyesight go fuzzy on the stand so that court was put into recess before. Something new today.

Nurse Lee probably had trouble sleeping last night, then got caught up in traffic, had trouble finding a parking place,
rushed to get into the court room, without catching breath and thoughts and emotions. Add that she's being watched
by millions on TV, etc etc etc. I can understand her feeling dizzy & stressed.

After driving in heavy traffic in Los Angeles and Manhattan so many times,
rushing to make a flight or get to work on time.... I know so well that stressful feeling traffic can cause.

It's a shame she just has a number of stressors.

It looks like Nurse Lee has a more organized notebook in which to refer.
I wonder if the DT made it up for her to use.

Yesterday Chernoff seemed perturbed that she couldn't find certain times in her own notes.

Can Chernoff or a member of the defense team discuss the contract with Randy Phillips
when he is on the stand? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back