LE wants to interview the parents separately

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Investigators want the parents of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwinto submit to separate interviews and answer a list of "tough questions" that detectives "need answered."

Kansas City Police Capt. Steve Young made his statement as the investigation into the toddler's disapperance entered its fourth week without any suspects or leads to the girl's whereabouts.

The focus of the investigation remains on the parents, Deborah Bradley, 25, and Jeremy Irwin, 29.

"We need them to sit down apart from each other, with detectives, and answer the tough questions detectives have for them concerning what they may or may not know about anything, who came and went [the night Lisa disappeared]," Young told ABCNews.com. "There's a whole list of things that they may know."

Young said he is "not disputing" family attorney Joe Tacopina's claims that the family has cooperated and answered other questions, such as specific questions regarding tips and leads. But that is not sufficient, he said.

"The bottom line is detectives need to sit down with them unrestricted and they need to answer questions that we need answered," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-baby-lisa-irwin-police-tough-questions-parents/story?id=14810300

I agree they should be interviewed separately. Nothing wrong with that at all. Lets see if they have consistent stories. I hope LE gets to do this. I dont understand how they cannot make them do this. We have a missing baby here... Seems the parents have forgotten that..

I agree they should be interviewed separately. Nothing wrong with that at all. Lets see if they have consistent stories. I hope LE gets to do this. I dont understand how they cannot make them do this. We have a missing baby here... Seems the parents have forgotten that..

They already were, for a couple days.

I don't see why the parents whould have a problem sitting down separtely. If nothing to hide, no inconsistencies and there is a 1% chance something might be recalled that would BRING their baby back, then heck yeah I'd say take me in I'm ready to chat with you. Why the family just refuses to try to help police is so telling, to me anyway.

Seems police would like to talk about "who" came and went during the evening.

They already did, for 17+ hours.

Could there really be questions of that nature - who was there in the house that day, etc., that they haven't already answered? In separate rooms, for hours and hours?

I don't know JeannaT... but LE still is trying to find the baby and needs to speak to the family... they have given conflicting statements even to the media... perhaps they also conflict with what they have told LE.. we just don't know..

:twocents:

and IMHO 17 hours is NOTHING, we are talking a missing child here, not a lawnmower.

IMHO, I'm confident LE wants to discuss what's being said in the media, and any follow up information that's been rec'd since their last sit down.

Makes sense to me.

MOO

Mel

I completely am behind this move, telling the media is brilliant.

I agree that keeping it in the media is brilliant. Thank goodness, though, the media is reporting a reply from Joe T, that they don't want to ask questions, they want to play mind games.

I think if LE is going to be painting this as if all they really want is a chance to get to talk to the parents, it's good that it's made patently clear they've already done that and were yelling at Deborah that she was a murderer within the first hour.

I think the public understand that, and can empathize with their not wanting to go through that again, since it was fruitless and painful to begin with.

I also thought it was fair of LE to state that they are currently answering questions. So what I ask here is, why doesn't LE ask in that format? Pick up the phone, and ask. OR agree to abide by their civil rights and not request that they waive them. (You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to have a lawyer present at all questioning). That's all their asking for, is their rights. And LE is saying no actually we want you to leave your rights at the door.

They already were, for a couple days.

No they havent answered specific questions, I will take LE's word for this. If you are innocent, you have no problem doing this. And I believe someone had added up the time they spent with LE answering questions and LAST WEEK that averaged out to be less than an hour a day. Now its a shorter amount of time. There is no excuse for that behavior and they want special and different LE brought in for this. You dont get a choice in the matter. The FBI should be grilling them in separate rooms. Just like they do on TV.. Put one against the other so one of them talks. I have no issue with this at all. One of them will talk. They need to get them apart and as far as I know this hasnt been done yet. Its been BOTH parents. Not just one at a time. They need separate lawyers for this. Thats also how you can tell this hasnt been done because one lawyer cannot do both clients questioned separately. Conflict of interest.

I agree that keeping it in the media is brilliant. Thank goodness, though, the media is reporting a reply from Joe T, that they don't want to ask questions they want to play mind games.

I think if LE is going to be painting this as if all they really want is a chance to get to talk to the parents, it's good that it's made patently clear they've already done that and were yelling at Deborah that she was a murderer within the first hour.

I think the public understand that, and can empathize with their not wanting to go through that again, since it was fruitless and painful to begin with.

I don't empahtize a bit with them, that baby girl is STILL missing. The parents refuse to cooperate...period. Nuff said. They have representation now so no reason to refuse to set down with the LE.

Could there really be questions of that nature - who was there in the house that day, etc., that they haven't already answered? In separate rooms, for hours and hours?

I doubt there are 'new' questions (not previously asked)...especially if they're not related to recent tips & leads.

I don't know what the definition of "tough questions" is as used in this instance...but I think they should call it what it really is they're seeking....an Interrogation.

I do think they parents should submit to this with the attorney present. If it turns less into bona fide questioning and more into an accusation fest, they can always end the "questioning" session at that point.

I don't understand why it would be a problem, if both parents have nothing to hide and are willing to do anything to find Lisa they should be beating down the doors of the police station asking to be interviewed.

I would want the police to be absolutely sure I wasn't involved in order to get them to focus on an intruder, NOTHING would be too much for me to do to that end.

Separately? Do you have a link to that information?

It's very sad that these parents are more concerned with protecting themselves than finding their 10 month old missing baby. And extremely telling. moo Who does this??

Oh, and why not allow the children to be interviewed again?

And yeah, I know the parents have been interviewed.

I agree that keeping it in the media is brilliant. Thank goodness, though, the media is reporting a reply from Joe T, that they don't want to ask questions, they want to play mind games.

if I am reading this correctly this is an LE response to what Joe T said this morning on GMA... not vice versa

If the parents are truly innocent, there is absolutely NO reason that they wouldn't do what LE is asking of them. Any innocent parents would do whatever in the H3LL they need to to find their baby. Seventeen hours? Seriously? That's too much??? That is the most ridiculous thing that I have heard people saying here. Even 40 hours, as was said before is nothing when it comes to finding your baby. I can't imagine any parent who was innocent that wouldn't sit with LE day after day for weeks on end if needed to find their little one. Only guilty people are afraid of LE. LE is there for one reason and that is to find Lisa. If these people are keeping them from doing that, in my opinion they are guilty as sin!

and IMHO 17 hours is NOTHING, we are talking a missing child here, not a lawnmower.

Thank you Madge! Great post!

What would be the harm in two innocent parents talking with LE again? They have lawyers to bring along if they're afraid of the big, bad policemen. Sheesh!

LE didn't do one search and call it a day. A child is missing. THEIR child. More questions, asked further removed from the immediate emotions, could help trigger answers that might help FIND THEIR CHILD. If they have nothing to hide, they'd be thrilled for the chance to help, and submit to separate interviews. It's about Lisa...or should be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back