TX TX - TJ Murray, 24, Huntsville, 19 Oct 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
The last time Tom Murray heard from his son, TJ, was around 12:30 a.m. Oct. 19, when TJ assured his father he wouldn’t drive Tom’s truck home from a bar in South Montgomery County.

But TJ’s family and friends haven’t heard from him since, and the Murray family and the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office are asking the public’s help in finding TJ, a 24-year-old student at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville who is named for his father.

“I called him around midnight expecting him to be home already,” Tom Murray, a physical education teacher at Oak Ridge High School, said. “Then I called him right at 12:30 (a.m) and he told me, ‘I’m not driving your truck.”

TJ, who is 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds, has blue eyes and was wearing a red T-shirt with white lettering and wearing shorts, had umpired some Little League baseball earlier in the evening, then went to the bars, Tom Murray said.

For some reason, Tom Murray said, his son told him he had been locked out of Rookies, but it’s not clear why.

The MCSO is checking into any service calls to the bar that night, and is looking for witnesses, Lt. Dan Norris said.

Tom Murray spoke with a friend who was with his son at On The Rocks before TJ disappeared, and the friend said he had gone to the restroom. When he came back out into the bar, TJ was gone, and the friend assumed TJ had left, Tom Murray said.

TJ’s cellphone was found in a ditch in the area, but MCSO officials would not say where it was found or if any other calls were found on the phone after Tom Murray’s last call to his son.

Tom Murray went to On The Rocks later in the morning on Oct. 19 and found his pickup truck still in the parking lot.

TJ has never gone missing before, Tom Murray said.

MCSO Detective Keith Funderburk, who is in charge of the case, said there are no indications of foul play, but “We keep an open mind on this

It is unusual for TJ not to be in touch with his family, Tom Murray said. He has also contacted EquuSearch Texas to assist the MSCO in looking for TJ.

Snipped: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/spri...cle_504db4f0-ff5d-11e0-8a94-001cc4c03286.html

TJ

mediaManager

TJ graduated with my niece...she has not seen him in a while, but knows his family, says his dad is very determined to find him...

Thomas says the truck TJ had been driving was found the next morning near On the Rox, a sports bar across the street. His phone was located in a ditch nearby.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8407836&hpt=ju_bn5

So many questions:
Was there a struggle near his abandoned vehicle? Were his keys in the truck? Were there no witnesses from the bar to anything that happened outside? Did he leave the bar alone or with someone else? At what time was his last cell phone call? To whom did he make the call?

I checked Google Earth for local bodies of water. There are several, including Spring Creek, only a few streets to the south of On the Rocks sports bar, Ashe Lake (small, but not far from Sawdust Road), and two large bodies of water to the southeast behind what I believe are manufacturing plants.

His phone being found in a ditch is not a good sign at all obviously. Where are you, TJ?

Updated article:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Search-resumes-for-missing-college-student-2238992.php

Texas EquuSearch has been canvassing the area near I-45 and Sawdust road today using all-terrain vehicles and conducting foot searches in wooded areas. They have found nothing so far.

Apparently TJ went to On the Rocks sport bar with his friends after the Little League baseball game that he umpired.

Murray called his father on his cellphone about 12:30 a.m. to let him know he was leaving his father's truck at On the Rocks and was riding with friends to Rookies, another bar on Sawdust Road. He called his father again to let him know he had been separated from his friends but would leave the truck at Oak Ridge High School, investigators said.

Murray's cellphone was found in a ditch near the first bar, and his pickup was in the parking lot. Deputies said there appear to be no signs of foul play. Searchers have found no clues to his whereabouts or to explain his disappearance.

From http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/Vigil_Planned_For_Missing_Central_Texas_University_Student_132796733.html?ref=733

Searchers, including a team from EquuSearch, are involved in the effort to find Murray.
A vigil is planned Saturday ... for T.J. Murray, 24, the Sam Houston State University student who’s been missing since leaving a sports bar on Oct. 19 in Spring after visiting with friends.

Also at http://www.khou.com/home/Search-and...Houston-State-student-vanished-132714308.html

Investigators have interviewed family, friends and acquaintances of Murray’s.
"He’s a very vivacious young man. Loves his family, outgoing, very generous, keeps in contact all the time. We miss him, and we know somebody knows where he’s at, and we’re asking the public to please help us find our son," Tom Murray said.
[/QUOTE]

Other than this, LE is releasing no new information ... if they have any.

I'm not feeling good about this case at all. No way is this a "walk away." TJ, where are you?

Def not looking good :(
I live here in The Woodlands (about 7 minutes from Rookies and On The Rox where he was last seen by his friend). My husband works with a close friend of the guy that was out with TJ the night he went missing.
There were a few mentions on the fb page about TJ being involved in an altercation at Rookies (the first bar they went to) with an ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend. That came from a bartender at Rookies. That information QUICKLY disappeared and hasn't been mentioned since.
Then, about 15 mins ago, my husband told me that the friend he was out with that night has met with investigators multiple times and there was, in fact, an altercation between TJ and the ex-girlfriend. Apparently, he was pretty drunk and put his hands on her in a not-so-nice way. Needless to say, her boyfriend and his friends didn't like that at all. The arguement escalated and TJ was asked to leave Rookies. So when he told his father that he was "locked out", that's why.
After that happened, he and his friend headed down to On The Rox (just across the street and down a stop-light).
Obviously isn't too hard to figure out what probably happened next......I'm sure the ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend have spent LOTS of time with LE. Its a pretty small community here, I'm SHOCKED that no one has spilled the details on the ex-girlfriend yet. Not even her name or her boyfriend's name. LE must be doing a REALLY good job of keeping the lid on it so far.
I will say, On The Rox is in a strip-mall plaza directly on a main road. There's plenty of traffic there around the time he left. And there's not anywhere to really get any privacy right around that plaza.
If he did happen to run into the ex-gf and her boyfriend again, my guess is that she would have gotten him to meet her outside, and maybe even asked him to go for a ride. If he was angry enough to get into an arguement at a bar with her, I'm figuring he'd probably have been happy if she wanted to talk to him or go for a ride.
Obviously he wouldn't hop in a car if her boyfriend and his friends were in it, but if it was just her - maybe....
Perhaps she set him up?? If she said "let's go for a ride and talk", there are plenty of out-of-the-way spots within minutes of the bar where her boyfriend could have been waiting to confront him.
Seems crazy that her boyfriend and his friends would intend to actually kill him, but no one knows who her boyfriend is yet. And its possible that they beat him up and killed him by accident......TJ is a pretty small guy, and if he was drunk and had no one to back him up, it could've gone pretty darn badly.
Hopefully LE will get ex-girlfriend to spill it, and they'll be able to find him.
I wouldn't think a bunch of kids would be very good at keeping their mouths shut for too long. :(

Def not looking good :(
I live here in The Woodlands (about 7 minutes from Rookies and On The Rox where he was last seen by his friend). My husband works with a close friend of the guy that was out with TJ the night he went missing.
There were a few mentions on the fb page about TJ being involved in an altercation at Rookies (the first bar they went to) with an ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend. That came from a bartender at Rookies. That information QUICKLY disappeared and hasn't been mentioned since.
Then, about 15 mins ago, my husband told me that the friend he was out with that night has met with investigators multiple times and there was, in fact, an altercation between TJ and the ex-girlfriend. Apparently, he was pretty drunk and put his hands on her in a not-so-nice way. Needless to say, her boyfriend and his friends didn't like that at all. The arguement escalated and TJ was asked to leave Rookies. So when he told his father that he was "locked out", that's why.
After that happened, he and his friend headed down to On The Rox (just across the street and down a stop-light).
Obviously isn't too hard to figure out what probably happened next......I'm sure the ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend have spent LOTS of time with LE. Its a pretty small community here, I'm SHOCKED that no one has spilled the details on the ex-girlfriend yet. Not even her name or her boyfriend's name. LE must be doing a REALLY good job of keeping the lid on it so far.
I will say, On The Rox is in a strip-mall plaza directly on a main road. There's plenty of traffic there around the time he left. And there's not anywhere to really get any privacy right around that plaza.
If he did happen to run into the ex-gf and her boyfriend again, my guess is that she would have gotten him to meet her outside, and maybe even asked him to go for a ride. If he was angry enough to get into an arguement at a bar with her, I'm figuring he'd probably have been happy if she wanted to talk to him or go for a ride.
Obviously he wouldn't hop in a car if her boyfriend and his friends were in it, but if it was just her - maybe....
Perhaps she set him up?? If she said "let's go for a ride and talk", there are plenty of out-of-the-way spots within minutes of the bar where her boyfriend could have been waiting to confront him.
Seems crazy that her boyfriend and his friends would intend to actually kill him, but no one knows who her boyfriend is yet. And its possible that they beat him up and killed him by accident......TJ is a pretty small guy, and if he was drunk and had no one to back him up, it could've gone pretty darn badly.
Hopefully LE will get ex-girlfriend to spill it, and they'll be able to find him.
I wouldn't think a bunch of kids would be very good at keeping their mouths shut for too long. :(

You would think so, but there are other cases here where this seems to be happening...the murder of Phylicia Barnes, for one, also the vanishing of Lauren Spierers...

My sister's family lives in the Woodlands as well...niece went to HS with TJ but doesn't know any of the latest rumors...if true, maybe they will start to come out, especially if there was an incident in the bar. Maybe some video will surface, or some bystanders will come forward. I hope his parents can find out what happened soon and he is located...I don't have a good feeling about him at all as far as being okay.

Hope for TJ's return shines brightly at vigil among few leads of whereabouts

The Oak Ridge High School football field was aglow Saturday night with family, friends and supporters lighting candles, waving glow sticks and praying for TJ Murray's safe return home.

[snip]

The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and Texas Equusearch began searching for TJ on Wednesday, concentrating their efforts – on foot, ATV and by helicopter – near Spring Creek at Interstate 45.

But after two days and no leads, Tom Murray said searchers would discuss the next move after more interviews and evidence was examined. He's hoping to hear word on Monday about the plans to find his son.

More: http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cour...cle_e1ca891a-cc1e-5d95-ad32-382559648ab8.html

Huntsville is not in Montgomery Co., it is the county seat of Walker Co.
Conroe is the county seat of Montgomery Co.

[/B]

You would think so, but there are other cases here where this seems to be happening...the murder of Phylicia Barnes, for one, also the vanishing of Lauren Spierers...

My sister's family lives in the Woodlands as well...niece went to HS with TJ but doesn't know any of the latest rumors...if true, maybe they will start to come out, especially if there was an incident in the bar. Maybe some video will surface, or some bystanders will come forward. I hope his parents can find out what happened soon and he is located...I don't have a good feeling about him at all as far as being okay.

BBM
This is my hope as well. I am a big proponent of video surveillance EVERYWHERE to help in situations exactly like this. Ever since the tragic case of little Leiby this summer, I believe we need MORE cameras everywhere. I am praying for this family. If it is true that there was an altercation with an ex-girlfriend and her current beau, that could have been the catalyst to TJ's disappearance. I sincerely hope some video will surface to give more of a clue of where TJ is, God bless him.

@ SurfieTX - I clicked on the link to the other TJ missing forum, but there wasn't anything there?
How come there's a separate forum? Just wondering :)

The only thing I can figure, is that LE is hoping they'll find a body before they can press charges. I think they probably have a pretty good idea of what happened, it seems that there were PLENTY of people who saw what happened at Rookies.
It seems to be pretty difficult to press charges without a body right?
So frustrating for TJs family I'm sure :(

@ SurfieTX - I clicked on the link to the other TJ missing forum, but there wasn't anything there?
How come there's a separate forum? Just wondering :)

Mods merged the 2 threads after Surfie's post. It's all here now! :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back