NY NY - Agnes "Ginger" Shoe, 37, Glenville, 26 Jun 1979

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Searching for clues in the disappearance 32 years ago of a woman who lived on Olde Coach Home Road, town police detectives this week dug up an area near her residence.

"They had their picks and shovels and were going at it and they discovered nothing," said Lt. Stephen Janik on Thursday at the Glenville Police Department about the efforts of Detectives Michael Lamb and William Marchewka to solve the mystery of what happened to Agnes Shoe.
The 37-year-old woman nicknamed Ginger vanished on June 26, 1979, according to the state missing persons website.

The two investigators spent several hours on Monday and Tuesday digging into an "indentation" on a bend in a wooded area 100 yards from the back of Shoe's house, according to Janik. He said the spot is also roughly the same distance from Country Fair Lane, which is off Swaggertown Road.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/local/art...-cold-case-of-woman-2239179.php#ixzz1c1kYRnOi

And here is her Doe Network page:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2233dfny.html

Wish there was more info. She was a nun at one point according to doe network. Also, she has a 4 inch scar on neck. Wonder what that's from? Maybe something/someone in her past before she became a nun could have come back to haunt her.

According to the news story, she was married at the time to RS. He was working in NJ, spent weekends with Agnes and then week days in NJ. She didnt like this so she quit her job and was going to move to NJ with him in a week. Husband said he went to NJ and she stayed behind to pack, he called her after a couple days but she didnt answer so he got worried and came back a day early to check on her and found her missing.

This all seems strange. I got the feeling that it's possible he didnt want her to come to NJ because it could have been inconvenient to another possible relationship there? BTW, he did remarry.

BTW, she was a nun in CT but left and went to NJ where she worked at an amusement park and met RS and they fell in love got married etc.

Ginger is family ,and our hearts are broken. The scar on her neck is from a thyroid operation (no one from her past) and I was told she was on medication for it and it was found still in the home. I can't say too much in here,I'm sure you understand.

Does anyone know where one can rent or borrow ground penetrating radar equipment? Any thoughts would certainly be appreciated. thank-you!

Does anyone know where one can rent or borrow ground penetrating radar equipment? Any thoughts would certainly be appreciated. thank-you!

Not sure where to suggest other than maybe to call Ground Penetrating Radar Institute, they have an office right in Albany, NY

http://www.gprinstitute.org/

I would also call a local Search and Rescue/Recovery Group. They might have some ideas for you. Its been a long time but if you have a place in mind to search and have permission to search there, they might come out and do "training" work in that location...

Maybe someone else might have a better idea for you.

Good luck in your search... Hopefuly you will find the answers you are looking for soon.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/s3009714.shtml

State police released a new picture of a woman who disappeared in 1979.

Police say Agnes Shoe was last seen in Glenville.

She was 37 years old when she disappeared 34 years ago.

Police believe she's the victim of foul play.

If you have any information, call state police at 518-783-3211.

Here is a new article on this case i came upon today in the local paper. First time hearing about this case. Its so disturbing. Where are you Ginger?

'It's suspicious': Glenville woman vanished 40 years ago

Anyone with information about Agnes "Ginger" Shoe's disappearance is asked to call the Glenville Police Department's detective division at 518-384-0135.
A lot of info in this article. Bizarre that he and his friends refuse to talk. Doesn't he know that looks bad?

I just happened to come across websleuth. Agnes Shoe , also known as Ginger Coady was my cousin. She disappeared from her home in June 1979 without a trace. The NY State BCI was on her case for decades. Her sister, Rita, my cousin and my Aunt passed away broken hearted. I would like to know about this clothing found. She was last seen wearing a jersey, jeans, sneakers. Also her car, keys, medications, were all left home. Strange thing is that she was gone a few days before her husband came back to the house, he was in NJ, dog was still being fed ( did he ever go to NJ ?) He did not allow access to the home when family showed up looking for her. He eventually did when the police arrived. My suspicion was always her spouse did it, Richard Shoe who took up with his secretary. Any help would be appreciated. Her immediate family are gone, but the rest isn't.
(Cross posting this message from another thread)

• agnes_c._shoe_1.jpg
  • agnes_c._shoe_2.jpg
  • agnes_c._shoe_3.jpg
Shoe, circa 1980
  • Missing Since 06/26/1979
  • Missing From Glenville, New York
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/31/1942 (81)
  • Age 37 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 120 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A plain gold wedding ring, a diamond ring and possibly jeans and a green and red shirt reading "I am a Jersey devil."

• Medical Conditions Shoe has a thyroid condition requiring medication which she doesn't have with her.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair, blue eyes. Shoe's nickname is Ginger. She has a three- to four-inch horizontal scar on her throat. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Shoe was last seen at her home in the 30 block of Olde Coach Road in Glenville, New York on June 26, 1979. She has never been heard from again.

Shoe left the house locked with her keys, purse, medicine and all her other belongings inside it, and she hadn't left out any food or water for her dog. She kept in regular contact with her mother and sister and it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning.

At the time of her disappearance, Shoe's husband lived and worked in New York City during the week and came home on weekends. She had quit her accounting job at NL Industries and was planning to move downstate to be with him. He reported her missing after he came home and she was nowhere to be found. Shoe's husband refused to cooperate with police regarding her disappearance and moved to New Jersey a short time later, but he hasn't been named as a suspect.

She is a former Franciscan nun. She is missing under suspicious circumstances and foul play is suspected in her case.

Investigating Agency​

• Glenville Police Department 518-384-0135

Source Information​

Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 7, 2018; distinguishing characteristics updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back