IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
Photos and Maps
Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
__________________________________________________ _________
Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34

I was out at the bars last night in btown, steps away from where LS was seen that night. There were so many girls walking home alone, AND there was a shooter on campus. Apparently someone at a frat party (not a student) got mad when waiting for a ride home, so he pulled a gun on a frat brother and eventually shot the gun into the air. I love Bloomington and I will always feel safe here, but it's getting worse, I can feel it.

I was out at the bars last night in btown, steps away from where LS was seen that night. There were so many girls walking home alone, AND there was a shooter on campus. Apparently someone at a frat party (not a student) got mad when waiting for a ride home, so he pulled a gun on a frat brother and eventually shot the gun into the air. I love Bloomington and I will always feel safe here, but it's getting worse, I can feel it.

Maybe because of the drug-dealing, they don't feel any safer inside the bars or at certain events or on campus or even in the dorms than they do alone on the street?

I think kids just feel immortal... even when things hit close to home, if it resonates at all, it's only for a very short time.

I don't know if I'm just more aware now, but I, too, am noticing more incidents of violence in Bloomington...... but then I didn't used to read the police call info in the Herald Times....

I think kids just feel immortal... even when things hit close to home, if it resonates at all, it's only for a very short time.

I don't know if I'm just more aware now, but I, too, am noticing more incidents of violence in Bloomington...... but then I didn't used to read the police call info in the Herald Times....

BBM, I agree. I was so surprised to see some of Lauren's friends out partying when they returned to campus, but then I remembered what it's like to feel like "it can't happen to me."

Let's not forget that the narrative that has been at least strongly implied by LE and thus the media is NOT random abduction. You could even argue that what's generally been allowed to permeate the area with no water thrown on it whatsoever from LE has been that LS allowed herself to get into a vulnerable situation that likely led to an OD.

With that type of narrative it's not surprising that other students would think they are safe out at night and that nothing like this could happen to them.

BBM, I agree. I was so surprised to see some of Lauren's friends out partying when they returned to campus, but then I remembered what it's like to feel like "it can't happen to me."

I remember feeling that way as well ... even walking by myself at times, which I strongly admonish my daughter to never do. We learn as we grow in experience, I guess, when given the chance.

Thinking of LS this Halloween ... my daughter is dressing as Hello Kitty ... wish LS could do that, too.

That might eventually lead to one or more telling a friend something they've been hiding. We all seen cases where the guy tells his girl something he's been keeping secret, then they break up and she spills it to LE....
But I'm still not convinced this wasn't a random crime, or something that does not involve any of the POI's...

Has anything been made of the burned-down Martinsville barn lately? The one whose owners have a white 4-door open-bed truck(s)?

It's the most likely end-scenario (g'd forbid) that makes the most sense to me, and should have been combed through thoroughly.

I really can't take much more of this. It makes me sick. But I will, until there are some answers. COME CLEAN ALREADY!

I would love to be in the bar/party scene and hear what everyone thinks happened. There has to be rumors flying around everywhere. Do we actually have students from IU posting here? What is being said?

I would love to be in the bar/party scene and hear what everyone thinks happened. There has to be rumors flying around everywhere. Do we actually have students from IU posting here? What is being said?

Chatter has sadly died down, lots of other things have been happening in btown and with no updates on LS there's just not much interest. I think if LE was going to make some moves and let the public know, maybe more info will surface.

Hi, all. Hope everyone out there is well and enjoying a beautiful autumn...

LOHUD article about Rosenbaum:

http://www.lohud.com/article/201111...osenbaum-meets-parents-denies-any-involvement

Thanks, Jupiter ... hope you are well also and enjoying the fall ...

The article does raise one question for me ... we noted how CS sounded different in her last letter. I wonder if that has anything to do with how the meetings with JR went? I also wonder what his attorney meant about how sharing what he said could "taint the integrity of the investigation." I suppose it's just normal lawyer talk ...

Thanks, Jupiter ... hope your are well also and enjoying the fall ...

The article does raise one question for me ... we noted how CS sounded different in her last letter. I wonder if that has anything to do with how the meetings with JR went? I also wonder what his attorney meant about how sharing what he said could "taint the integrity of the investigation." I suppose it's just normal lawyer talk ...

Good point and I would think yes, it probably has a lot to do with her change in tone. To talk with a POI face to face for two hours is so significant.

The first thing that came to mind when I read Lukenmeyer's quote about tainting is that JR possibly gave the name of a suspect.

I'm hoping these interviews with him--and anything they gleaned from it--have a lot to do with how quiet the Spierer's have been.

I'm glad the pressure and scrutiny got to him and he finally talked, but damn why couldn't he have done it earlier?!

I agree Jupiter - why couldn't he have done that earlier? Perhaps what he shared that could "taint the case" is the reason. Maybe he does know something which has made him fearful. I also wonder why he wouldn't discuss his final interactions with LS. Is there something in those statements made about the final interactions, that would be what could taint the case? Did she claim to be headed somewhere and he didn't want to point that out?

I've been thinking a lot about her leaving. If it was really 4 AM, why didn't she just stay? Supposedly he was a platonic friend and she'd known him for awhile (unlike CR/MB). If that's true, wouldn't she have preferred to sleep on his couch, than walk home barefoot with no key and no phone? How on earth did she think she was going to get in IF in fact the phone call really was made by her, and there was no answer? So, that leaves her with three options:

1. Walk home barefoot, with no key and no phone all alone on the streets at 4 AM HOPING someone was coming back to SW at the same time and could let her in. Even still, once in, how was she going to key into her apartment? (She had no phone to awaken Tamir.) I'm finding this more and more unlikely.

2. Sleep on JR's couch. Either this didn't happen, or it did and JR is guilty of something. IF that's true, then I now doubt that he'd have met with the Spierers.

3. Walk to someone else's place - naturally one would suspect JW. I really don't get the feeling he's guilty, but this takes me back to wondering if she could have been traveling there, not picked up on camera (some proved that possibility), and was randomly abducted. If she was planning to go somewhere (like JW's), this could be the info shared by JR.

Good point and I would think yes, it probably has a lot to do with her change in tone. To talk with a POI face to face for two hours is so significant.

The first thing that came to mind when I read Lukenmeyer's quote about tainting is that JR possibly gave the name of a suspect.

I'm hoping these interviews with him--and anything they gleaned from it--have a lot to do with how quiet the Spierer's have been.

I'm glad the pressure and scrutiny got to him and he finally talked, but damn why couldn't he have done it earlier?!

Yes, the interviews seem very significant ... better if done earlier, but hopefully better late than never.

That's a good point about possibly naming a suspect. I wonder if anyone could have followed her out of 5 North? Perhaps JR saw someone/something as she was leaving? A stretch, but we really don't know what JR has revealed. I guess it wouldn't be CR/MB since they all still seem friendly.

This is very speculative, but wondering if anything as to JR's context can be deduced at all this way (BBM):

Rosenbaum, a student who lives in the apartment Spierer visited before she went missing after a night out with friends, met with Robert and Charlene Spierer in Lukemeyer's office Sept. 19, [Lukemeyer] said.

and posted on Sept 19th here

The timing seemed odd then, I do wonder if JR passed along his own theories.

I agree Jupiter - why couldn't he have done that earlier? Perhaps what he shared that could "taint the case" is the reason. Maybe he does know something which has made him fearful. I also wonder why he wouldn't discuss his final interactions with LS. Is there something in those statements made about the final interactions, that would be what could taint the case? Did she claim to be headed somewhere and he didn't want to point that out?

I've been thinking a lot about her leaving. If it was really 4 AM, why didn't she just stay? Supposedly he was a platonic friend and she'd known him for awhile (unlike CR/MB). If that's true, wouldn't she have preferred to sleep on his couch, than walk home barefoot with no key and no phone? How on earth did she think she was going to get in IF in fact the phone call really was made by her, and there was no answer? So, that leaves her with three options:

1. Walk home barefoot, with no key and no phone all alone on the streets at 4 AM HOPING someone was coming back to SW at the same time and could let her in. Even still, once in, how was she going to key into her apartment? (She had no phone to awaken Tamir.) I'm finding this more and more unlikely.

2. Sleep on JR's couch. Either this didn't happen, or it did and JR is guilty of something. IF that's true, then I now doubt that he'd have met with the Spierers.

3. Walk to someone else's place - naturally one would suspect JW. I really don't get the feeling he's guilty, but this takes me back to wondering if she could have been traveling there, not picked up on camera (some proved that possibility), and was randomly abducted. If she was planning to go somewhere (like JW's), this could be the info shared by JR.

I do wonder about her leaving w/o her keys/phone, but I'm not sure what the situation is at SW. Maybe she thought a security guard would let her into the lobby and she could then knock on her apartment door? Or maybe that was what the call to DR was about, albeit he didn't answer?

I've always read it that she was walking to SW from 5 North, but we obviously don't know what she told JR. She could have also said she was walking toward SW but switched gears and walked toward JW's, I suppose.

This is very speculative, but wondering if anything as to JR's context can be deduced at all this way (BBM):

and posted on Sept 19th here

The timing seemed odd then, I do wonder if JR passed along his own theories.

So, following your speculation, 9th and Walnut would be on the way to JW's or perhaps a way out of town, referencing thread #24? Sorry to admit that I'm directionally challenged ...

So, following your speculation, 9th and Walnut would be on the way to JW's or perhaps a way out of town, referencing thread #24? Sorry to admit that I'm directionally challenged ...

My speculation was that JR may have provided the family with cause to want to check that area out again for whatever reason. No reason for me to think it means anything more than that, just trying to connect some of the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401