Why doesn't CPS take away the minor children?

norest4thewicked

True Crime Writer
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I couldn't find a thread where this should specifically be, so please feel free to move if there is a better place.

I am really surprised that with all that is going on, that these boys have not been removed from the home. I would think that it would be helpful to LE as well in getting them access to the children for interview, etc. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Maybe DB's claim to be drunk was disproved and there is no reason to remove the children?

There could be a lot of reasons why not. There isn't enough "real" evidence to remove them. If the mom was lying about being drunk and passing out, there would be no evidence of neglect. There is no actual proof that Lisa wasn't abducted. If she was, the parents couldn't help that, at least not at that moment.

Also, the children, up until now, have been living in a house where there were other adults, presumably responsible adults, so why take them out of there and place them in unknown territory? They were safe where they were and also, consider the turmoil these kids have already been through. To take them away would definitely add to that.

Other than the missing baby, I don't think there have been any signs of abuse or reason to remove them. The parents not letting LE interview isn't really grounds for removal.

Using them for a media stunt last night seems reason enough for me.

I would think that her claims to have been blacked out when she was caring for 3 children OR the alternative - that she lied about the extent of her drunkenness to hide something worse, would be grounds for at least an investigation.

I would think, I would hope, that the bio dad of DB's son would be attempting to get custody. But, that's in my perfect world fantasy where all parents love and care for their children....

Using them for a media stunt last night seems reason enough for me.

Don't get me wrong, I want these little boys to lead as normal of a life as possible. BUT, the parents are complaining that the media is hurting the children, yet they themselves bring the media into the home they are living in to follow the boys around while they Trick or Treat? I'm sorry, but a normal parent would not do that. And, I use the word "normal" with tongue in cheek.

If they keep it up, there will reach a point where they are investigated. It's a form of child abuse to do this to their children, especially when it doesn't really help in any way to find out what happened to Lisa.

Don't get me wrong, I want these little boys to lead as normal of a life as possible. BUT, the parents are complaining that the media is hurting the children, yet they themselves bring the media into the home they are living in to follow the boys around while they Trick or Treat? I'm sorry, but a normal parent would not do that. And, I use the word "normal" with tongue in cheek.

I agree with you completely. I think the main reason that CPS has left the boys in the family is because there are other family members living with them right now. I bet if they stayed in the same house and were alone with the boys that they might have been moved to a safer family.

I agree with you completely. I think the main reason that CPS has left the boys in the family is because there are other family members living with them right now. I bet if they stayed in the same house and were alone with the boys that they might have been moved to a safer family.

Good point!

Simply stated, they don't have enough. I know that offends a lot of people, but it is what it is. If they jump the gun, or treat them more aggressively than the standard dictates, they can be sued for damages.

They have to show that (regardless of her sobriety) she made a decision that (as a result) caused harm to come to Lisa. Like it or not, alcohol is legal and there are no limits on how much a parent can or can't drink. Also, they have no proof of patterned neglect.

In addition to that, there is little evidence of "imminent danger" applying to the wellbeing of the boys.

We could debate this all day. It's not enough. But she ADMITTED she was drunk. But they need to show HOW she is directly or indirectly endangered her daughter, not just that her drunken state may have contribute to harm. But she ADMITTED she 'may have been' passed out. It's circular.

With FBI and LE on this, they aren't going to jump ahead of normal procedure- and they aren't going to ignore it if there is legal reason to remove the kids. They can't just take kids, they have to weigh if it would hold up in court or be considered overly aggressive.

PS- if parading your kids in front of media is enough, then we need to get some celebrities locked up! (light-hearted, I understand the implied sentiment)

ETA- even if they were to be taken from DB, they could be put in the care of JI or grandparents. Not much would change.

I know people aren't going to agree with the above, but that is my opinion as a foster parent and child advocate. It's JMO, and you don't have to agree. :)

Simply stated, they don't have enough. I know that offends a lot of people, but it is what it is. If they jump the gun, or treat them more aggressively than the standard dictates, they can be sued for damages.

They have to show that (regardless of her sobriety) she made a decision that (as a result) caused harm to come to Lisa. Like it or not, alcohol is legal and there are no limits on how much a parent can or can't drink. Also, they have no proof of patterned neglect.

In addition to that, there is little evidence of "imminent danger" applying to the wellbeing of the boys.

We could debate this all day. It's not enough. But she ADMITTED she was drunk. But they need to show HOW she is directly or indirectly endangered her daughter, not just that her drunken state may have contribute to harm. But she ADMITTED she 'may have been' passed out. It's circular.

With FBI and LE on this, they aren't going to jump ahead of normal procedure- and they aren't going to ignore it if there is legal reason to remove the kids. They can't just take kids, they have to weigh if it would hold up in court or be considered overly aggressive.

PS- if parading your kids in front of media is enough, then we need to get some celebrities locked up! (light-hearted, I understand the implied sentiment)

ETA- even if they were to be taken from DB, they could be put in the care of JI or grandparents. Not much would change.

You're right...it does offend me. YOU personally don't offend me...just the truth of what you said makes me uncomfortable. I just think that there are far too many cases that we hear about every day where CPS doesn't take a child out of the home and then the child dies. It's sickening really! If this isn't enough reason to at least investigate them, then I think that it is a very sad day for the kids.

They can't just take kids out of a home without proving those children are in danger.

I see no reason at this point to take the children. Nothing has been proven yet.

If she wanted her "adult time" to drink "more than 5 drinks", she should NOT have picked the night that JI was not home. Parents are held to a lower standard than other caregivers. Could you imagine a nanny, daycare worker, or anyone else (other than the parent) not being arrested? She had 3 young children in her care and Lisa is gone! I'm shocked that child services has not opened a case.

They can't just take kids out of a home without proving those children are in danger.

I see no reason at this point to take the children. Nothing has been proven yet.

Exactly. I know no one is going to like when I say this, but truthfully the title of this thread got my blood boiling a little. WHY would CPS remove the children form this home? Because DB admitted that she was drunk that night? Once? (and no, I'm not saying that that was ok for her to do that, I think that was very irresponsible).

I mean seriously, what evidence of abuse or neglect is there to say that these poor kids need to be taken away from their parents? Is there any? I don't see it.

Ok, rant over. I just hate this. :furious:

I, too, find it odd. Especially in light of DB saying on national tele that she may have been black out drunk with 3 other minor children in the home.

• In the Jhessye Shockley, Missing Arizona Child case: Three remaining siblings were removed from mother’s (Jerice Hunter) home for reasons unknown.

*Sure, CPS could say mommy left the children unattended, but a 13 year old was home. I babysat at 13, along with many of my friends.

Source: http://opalfusionmag.com/2011/10/27/jhessye-shockley-missing-arizona-child/

And, in the Aliyah Lunsford case:

The siblings of missing 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford from Weston, West Virginia have been removed from the family home on Dennison Street on Saturday, according to the State Journal.

The W.VA. Dept. of Health ad Human Resources did not give a reason.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Aliayah Lunsford: Sibling removed from home of missing Weston girl - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...rom-home-of-missing-weston-girl#ixzz1cUcI6Ki0

Both recent cases, both children supposedly kidnapped, and all other children removed.

I'm scratching my neck as to why DB and JI still have the two boys.

MOO

Mel

I haven't seen any reason whatsoever for CPS to take the other children.

If she wanted her "adult time" to drink "more than 5 drinks", she should NOT have picked the night that her husband was not home. Parents are held to a lower standard than other caregivers. Could you imagine a nanny, daycare worker, or anyone else (other than the parent) not being arrested? She had 3 young children in her care and Lisa is gone! I'm shocked that child services has not opened a case.

i totally agree with you.

IMO a parent that decides to have "adult" time (which results in him/her being so drunk that he/she doesn't know if theye blacked out or not) while they are the sole caregiver to 3 young children is a bad one,and to add to the mix that one of these children go missing well....there are no words.

to me that is a form of neglect.

where i live,if this happened they kids would have been gone long ago.

this is my opinion and i know that people won't agree but we can't all have the same views or the world would be a boring place :)

JMO MOO!!

Exactly. I know no one is going to like when I say this, but truthfully the title of this thread got my blood boiling a little. WHY would CPS remove the children form this home? Because DB admitted that she was drunk that night? Once? (and no, I'm not saying that that was ok for her to do that, I think that was very irresponsible).

I mean seriously, what evidence of abuse or neglect is there to say that these poor kids need to be taken away from their parents? Is there any? I don't see it.Ok, rant over.

I just hate this. :furious:

I didn't see any in the Aliyah or Jhessye case either. In this case mommy admitted on national tele that she was drunk!

I don't understand it!

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member