Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 4'9" (145 cm)
Weight: 80 lbs (36 kg)
Missing From: SCRANTON, PA, United States
Non-Family Abduction

Michelle was last seen on North Washington Avenue in Scranton, Pennsylvania. She was last seen wearing dark blue sweatpants, a white top with purple trim and brown sandals.

Pennsylvania State Police - Troop R (Pennsylvania) - Missing Persons Unit 1-717-963-3156

Link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=601792&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

lakey_michelle.jpg
lakey_michelle_ap.jpg

Missing Since: August 26, 1986 from Scanton, Pennsylvania
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: October 21, 1974
Height and Weight: 4'9 - 5'0, 80 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown to blonde hair, brown eyes. Lakey had long fingernails at the time of her 1986 disappearance. Her nicknames are Boozer and Boo. She goes by her middle name, Jolene; some agencies refer to her as Jolene Michelle Lakey or spell her name "Michele." Lakey had a small, slight build at the time of her disappearance and looked much younger than her age. She wore children's size 14 clothes and size 8 shoes in 1986. Her female family members are all short, and Lakey may be also.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white shirt with purple trim and a tie front, dark blue sweatpants, and brown sandals with straps.
Medical Conditions: Lakey has a long history of illnesses, particularly pneumonia, and may still be susceptible.

Details of Disappearance

Lakey visited her mother at Mercy Hospital in their hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania on August 26, 1986. She was last seen walking on North Washington Avenue towards her home, which was in the 1300 block of that street. She was planning on spending the night at a female friend's house on Myrtle Street. Lakey may have entered an unidentified light yellow car approximately one block from her family's residence. She has never been seen again. Authorities believe she was abducted by a non-family member.

Lakey enjoys fast food from McDonald's restaurants. In 1986 she had a dynamic, outspoken personality and a good sense of humor, and enjoyed playing with animals and wearing colorful clothes. Her father believes she may be in California. Lakey's parents are divorced; she had not seen her father for three years prior to her disappearance and he was not notified of her abduction for seven months afterwards. Lakey's case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Pennsylvania State Police
Troop R
717-963-3156

Charley Project
NCMEC

Michelle Jolene Lakey
Missing since August 26, 1986 from Scranton, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 80 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde/brown hair; brown eyes. Lakey had long fingernails at the time of her disappearance.
Clothing: Lakey was last seen wearing dark blue sweatpants; a white shirt with purple trim; and size 8 brown sandals; size 14 clothes.
Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Lakey visited her mother at Mercy Hospital in Scranton, Pennsylvania on August 26, 1986.

She was last seen returning to her residence on North Washington Avenue, accompanied by a female schoolmate. Lakey was planning on spending the night at her schoolmate’s residence on Myrtle Street.

Lakey may have entered a light yellow car approximately one block from her family's home. No further contact or information has been received to date concerning the whereabouts of Lakey.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Lakey's whereabouts, please contact:

Scranton Police Department
Corporal Chris Sensi
570-963-3156

OR
Troop R
570-963-3156

OR
Criminal Investigation Division is
570-348-4139
Email: policedept@scrantonpa.gov

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Number: R01-0120878
NCMEC #: NCMC601792
NCIC Number: M-241631308

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
California Office of the Attorney General
The Doe Network: Case File 314DFPA

link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/314dfpa.html

Twenty-three years later, search continues

It's been 23 years since the little 11-year-old girl with brown hair and bangs disappeared without a trace from Scranton's Hill Section.

Investigators don't know what happened to Michelle Jolene Lakey, but they believe they know what she would look like today at 34 years old.

A composite photo from the National Center for Missing Children shows her in her 30s, still wearing her brown hair with bangs. Her smile makes slight indentations in her cheeks similar to the way it looks in a photo circulated 17 hours after she was reported missing Aug. 26, 1986.

Jolene's case remains open, Scranton Police Chief David Elliott said, and it's possible the passage of time could loosen the lips of someone with valuable information about what happened to her.

Jolene was last seen leaving Mercy Hospital after visiting her mother, Lois Dunham. She was supposed to sleep over a friend's house about a block and a half away from her home at Rear 1372 N. Washington Ave.

Jolene's case went four years without a major suspect, until state police received information linking her disappearance to Frank Osellanie, a former Scranton auto mechanic convicted in 1990 of raping and murdering 9-year-old Renee Waddle, also a Hill Section resident. Mr. Osellanie was never charged in relation to Jolene's case, but family members indicated she knew him and often visited his Walnut Street garage to play with his German shepherd.

During Mr. Osellanie's trial, police received a tip he had been seen with a young girl at Lake Wallenpaupack around the time of Jolene's disappearance. Police searched the lake for Jolene's remains, including two islands near Iron Wood Point. They also searched Mr. Osellanie's garages at Walnut Street and Kessler Court, using special radar to look for voids in the concrete floors.

Investigators also focused on a Brooklyn, N.Y., man, accused of raping a 14-year-old Scranton girl who had ties to Jolene, three months earlier. In September 1986, police searched his house after receiving tips Jolene may have been with him in New York. They found no evidence to tie him to Jolene.

http://www.scrantontimes.com/news/1.211375

I am VERY familiar with Jolene's case. I run a coalition to help families bring home their loved ones and Justina (Jolene's sister) is a good friend of mine. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Please read this information!
I reported a vehicle with a person driving looking like the driver and matching the vehicle make. Did not get the plate # though! You never know the person could have traveled north to another state or went to visit friends. Maybe someone else will see it and maybe it will be this looked for person, you never know!

http://kristicornwell.com/

Please read this information!
I reported a vehicle with a person driving looking like the driver and matching the vehicle make. Did not get the plate # though! You never know the person could have traveled north to another state or went to visit friends. Maybe someone else will see it and maybe it will be this looked for person, you never know!

http://kristicornwell.com/

I am unsure of what you are saying. Are you saying someone in this vehicle could have possibly taken Jolene? She was seen getting into a yellow car and that vehicle that you have a picture of is a newer vehicle Jolene went missing in 1986

I am sorry I am new here and put it under the wrong post. (That figures! :-}) Best wishes in finding your missing loved one. Law enforcement is looking for this vehicle. I don't know anyone from Georgia nor do I know anything about this person whom is being looked for, I have been on another forum web site talking of Tara Grinstead, Kristy Cornwell and the kessie case from Florida a few years. Recently, this lady went missing in Georgia and they are looking for this person to talk with, may be connected to the cases above. I was in town and saw vehicle of the same make and with a driver looking very close to the man on the wanted poster. I reported to my state and Georgia law enforcement, so Just doing a good deed, maybe to help that is all.It would be the police who would do the rest. I know there are many vehicles which look like this one..How-ever I don't ever remember seeing a vehicle of that make with the Black brush guard on it in the town I live in and when I saw it I dropped my jaw thinking what if they went through to drive to another state?What harm would it do to let law enforcement know just in case they don't know of this case because it's not in our state.I also figured because our state has missing cases also, maybe, Just maybe this dude travels here on business once in a while? I have had a Citizens police class and I guess I will always honor what the police do. I don't go over board and I am not a cop!I just saw a vehicle with the same make, same color, ect and that made me think: What if this dude is on the prowl again? Hope you understand!I hope I don't get in trouble! I wish you luck with your case!

I am sorry I am new here and put it under the wrong post. (That figures! :-}) Best wishes in finding your missing loved one. Law enforcement is looking for this vehicle. I don't know anyone from Georgia nor do I know anything about this person whom is being looked for, I have been on another forum web site talking of Tara Grinstead, Kristy Cornwell and the kessie case from Florida a few years. Recently, this lady went missing in Georgia and they are looking for this person to talk with, may be connected to the cases above. I was in town and saw vehicle of the same make and with a driver looking very close to the man on the wanted poster. I reported to my state and Georgia law enforcement, so Just doing a good deed, maybe to help that is all.It would be the police who would do the rest. I know there are many vehicles which look like this one..How-ever I don't ever remember seeing a vehicle of that make with the Black brush guard on it in the town I live in and when I saw it I dropped my jaw thinking what if they went through to drive to another state?What harm would it do to let law enforcement know just in case they don't know of this case because it's not in our state.I also figured because our state has missing cases also, maybe, Just maybe this dude travels here on business once in a while? I have had a Citizens police class and I guess I will always honor what the police do. I don't go over board and I am not a cop!I just saw a vehicle with the same make, same color, ect and that made me think: What if this dude is on the prowl again? Hope you understand!I hope I don't get in trouble! I wish you luck with your case!

Nah dear you wont get in trouble. I was just confused lol. I figured you probably posted in the wrong spot its ok no prob

I sort of also help with a missing people web site..Though the web site is now ran by another well known missing persons association. Me and a few others helped with building a data base where phone Numbers are found for all the places you would get information such as: radio stations, TV stations,All news broad casts and all the new papers, also "All" police and sheriffs, State Police Dept's for WI. It took us quiet a while to gather and put the information together, few months worth all none paid Volunteered!....Since then 911.com web site has much of that information that done by someone else and I have added that site to our site, so they can go directly to where ever in the USA ect. Pretty cool hey? I would do it again in a minute!I also worked for them at a fund raiser in Waupun, WI.It would be nice if the police did that with all the wanted and missing sites so it would all be in one place..No hunting for separate states and ect!That would be a heck of a lot of work, but when an emergency came around it would be a one shot search all alphabetically and by state easy hunt!It's interesting because through all of that I have learned so much on other law enforcement stuff!I am proud for the work we did!I love volunteer work and fund raisors also!

Michelle Jolene Lakey, 11, Missing since August 26, 1986 from Scranton, PA

Michelle Jolene Lakey
Missing since August 26, 1986 from Scranton, Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0; 80 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde/brown hair; brown eyes. Lakey had long fingernails at the time of her disappearance.
Clothing: Lakey was last seen wearing dark blue sweatpants; a white shirt with purple trim; and size 8 brown sandals; size 14 clothes.
Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Lakey visited her mother at Mercy Hospital in Scranton, Pennsylvania on August 26, 1986.

She was last seen returning to her residence on North Washington Avenue, accompanied by a female schoolmate. Lakey was planning on spending the night at her schoolmate’s residence on Myrtle Street.

Lakey may have entered a light yellow car approximately one block from her family's home. No further contact or information has been received to date concerning the whereabouts of Lakey.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Lakey's whereabouts, please contact:

Scranton Police Department
Corporal Chris Sensi
570-963-3156

OR
Troop R
570-963-3156

OR
Criminal Investigation Division is
570-348-4139
Email: policedept@scrantonpa.gov

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Number: R01-0120878
NCMEC #: NCMC601792
NCIC Number: M-241631308

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
California Office of the Attorney General
The Doe Network: Case File 314DFPA

link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/314dfpa.html

Michelle's disappearance occurred only five days after the abduction and murder of Travis Shane King, a little 8-year-old boy from Bristol, VA. His body was later found in neighboring Tennessee.

The prime suspect in Travis Shane King's murder was one Fred Howard Coffey, Jr. who is currently serving a life sentence for the 1979 murder of 10-year-old Amanda Ray in North Carolina.

Coffey was also convicted in multiple cases of violence and molestation of children in several different states and a suspect in several others.

Could Michelle Jolene Lakey be another of Fred Coffey's victims?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back