TX TX - Elizabeth Lightfoot, 22, Dallas, 4 Nov 2011

Lori_TX

Reaction score
DALLAS -- Detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding the body of a 22-year-old hair dresser who was found inside her burned car.
Police are ruling Elizabeth Lightfoot's death a homicide, but they have no idea who may have left her inside the car.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/dallas-police-investigating-burned-body-in-car--133245443.html

This is so very sad to me, and scary! I am about 25-30 minutes from Denton, and used to live there. I really hope that they find some leads and evidence soon so the family can have some sort of idea as to what happened. To me, there is nothing worse than having to wonder how your loved one died. Well...wondering WHY they died is much worse, but sometimes in that situation you have to learn accept that you may never know why these awful things happen!

Prayers for her family! :(

ETA: I believe the link is corrected now! I just had it formatted weird! Sorry! :)

I am reposting the link as it said 'page not found.' We'll se if it works.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/dallas-police-investigating-burned-body-in-car--133245443.html

What a beautiful young woman!! Who would do such a thing to somebody?

RIP Elizabeth.

wm

ooops! Sorry! I messed up the formatting of that link! Thank you for catching it! :)

I do not know who could do this to somebody, but I am always shocked at the amount of people we read about on WS that end up being burned. It is so awful to me.

I was also wondering if she may have run off the road in a accident, especially since it was around 2AM. I just feel like LE would not have called it suspicious is she had just run off the road in an accident - KWIM?

SO sad!!

snipped~~~

Dallas Fire Rescue responded to a call of a car on fire at 2 a.m. in the 16000 block of Preston Road near Keller Springs. It was in a strip mall that is usually a very busy area.

The photo from Daily Mail looks like the car ran off an enbankment between a building and the walls surrounding a dumpster, IMO. Wonder what types of buinesses are in this strip mall?

wm

I think there is a real estate office. I will see what else I can figure out. This is about 20 mins from me.

I think there is a real estate office. I will see what else I can figure out. This is about 20 mins from me.

There is a real estate office and some dentist offices. It's more like a business park rather than a typical strip center. There's also some apartments that are directly next to that. The neighborhoods around the location are very affluent.

I'm very curious to find out COD since its been ruled a homicide. At first I thought maybe it was an accident and her car caught on fire and she couldn't get out. Now it seems it was definitely a deliberate act.

She was such a beautiful girl. I hope they find who did this.

I'm not sure if this site is considered MSM, so please let me know if I need to edit this. It has a lot of quotes from people in her life and talks about what she had done the night that she was found. According to this, she also has a boyfriend...

http://www.bellenews.com/2011/11/06...-was-found-dead-in-her-torched-car-in-denton/

Elizabeth Lightfoot had recently started a job at Salon Republic in Addison, having worked at Salon D just three miles for the last two years.

Arden Keshishian, her boss at Salon D said she had been out to a restaurant on Thursday evening with some female colleagues from her former hairdressers the night of her death.

Oh how horrible, and scary. Just awful...I live nearby and had not heard of this so thanks to the op for posting it!

ok, she went to Yourway Burgers in Farmer's Branch....... Is that in the opposite direction towards her home? since she lived in Denton? (I assume she was headed home to Denton).

But her car was found a mile away from where she worked..... Perhaps she got lost maybe?

I don't understand how she could be headed home to Denton and then end up a mile away from where she worked in far north Dallas.... I'm not very familiar with the Dallas area.

Is Salon Republic in Addison? (I heard somewhere that it was or is it actually located in Dallas?

ok, she went to Yourway Burgers in Farmer's Branch....... Is that in the opposite direction towards her home? since she lived in Denton? (I assume she was headed home to Denton).

But her car was found a mile away from where she worked..... Perhaps she got lost maybe?

I don't understand how she could be headed home to Denton and then end up a mile away from where she worked in far north Dallas.... I'm not very familiar with the Dallas area.

Is Salon Republic in Addison? (I heard somewhere that it was or is it actually located in Dallas?

Right in the area where she was found, it is sort of both Addison and Dallas. They mesh right there, and on one side of the street, your address will be addison and across the street - Dallas. I would say it could be referred to either city, depending on who you ask and where they are from :)

Maybe she planned to actually meet someone near her new job, maybe even someone who works there. Or maybe she left something at her station at work and a predator spotted her in the parking lot after hours and seized an opportunity. I cannot understand a motive for this horrific crime though. I mean how could any person deliberately burn another human being alive???

Right in the area where she was found, it is sort of both Addison and Dallas. They mesh right there, and on one side of the street, your address will be addison and across the street - Dallas. I would say it could be referred to either city, depending on who you ask and where they are from :)

Maybe she planned to actually meet someone near her new job, maybe even someone who works there. Or maybe she left something at her station at work and a predator spotted her in the parking lot after hours and seized an opportunity. I cannot understand a motive for this horrific crime though. I mean how could any person deliberately burn another human being alive???

Exactly what I was going to say in regards to the area, I worked in an office building near there several years ago and I am still not sure if it was in Addison or Dallas, lol.

I am sure there had to be witnesses, it seems like there would have to be considering that area is almost always busy, I just hope they realize they saw something and come forward.

Exactly what I was going to say in regards to the area, I worked in an office building near there several years ago and I am still not sure if it was in Addison or Dallas, lol.

I am sure there had to be witnesses, it seems like there would have to be considering that area is almost always busy, I just hope they realize they saw something and come forward.

I truly do too!! I am concerned about witnesses since it was already so late at night, but surely someone saw something!! Maybe they can review any surveillance they have of her from the moment she left the burger place, and possibly trace via cell phone her approximate route from there, while also checking for new surveillance along that path.

I am surprised she was back near her job since she apparently stated she was heading home to Denton. What brought her back to that area in the middle of the night? So many questions I have! :)

BTW - Dogface, it's good to meet you, neighbor! :)

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/110711-Stylist-Was-Alive-when-Car-Set-on-Fire

No new link yet. FoxDFW reporting this AM police are still saying she was burned alive and are not sure what happened yet cept she died from carbon monoxide and her car was intentionally set a blaze :( . Waiting for tox report. Asking for witnesses to come forward and looking at video from the shops from w in the shopping center. I will post a new link as soon as it is available on the website.

RIP Elizabeth.

How can one die from carbon Minoxcide (sp) and then be burned alive?

Either the CM killed her or the fire did...... which is it?

Im guessing she was unconscious from CM or some other means then burned alive. Nothing is clear yet. First pd says burned alive then he said died from CM so they dont know which it is yet, or they just arent saying for sure.

Still looking for it to be posted.

I truly do too!! I am concerned about witnesses since it was already so late at night, but surely someone saw something!! Maybe they can review any surveillance they have of her from the moment she left the burger place, and possibly trace via cell phone her approximate route from there, while also checking for new surveillance along that path.

I am surprised she was back near her job since she apparently stated she was heading home to Denton. What brought her back to that area in the middle of the night? So many questions I have! :)

BTW - Dogface, it's good to meet you, neighbor! :)

Yeah her route definitely seems odd to me too, I am hoping maybe they have an explanation in the form of text, or like you said, from tracing her phone movement.

To also say it was carbon monoxide and not the fire that killed her directly implies she was incapacitated in some manner, be it drugs, knocked out or from drinking. The setting of the fire makes me think it would be to cover evidence that could be found on her or in the car, which unfortunately makes me think rape....

And very nice to meet you too neighbor, albeit I wish it was on a much happier thread! :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back