Parents Warned About Mail Order Chicken Pox Lollipops

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Authorities and doctors are warning parents who want to avoid chicken pox vaccines for their children that a new mail-order scheme to share lollipops licked by children infected with the disease as a way to create immunity in their kids is not only unsafe but illegal.

“Can you imagine getting a package in the mail from this complete stranger that you know from Facebook because you joined a group, and say here, drink this purported spit from some other kid?” U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Tennessee Jerry Martin told The Associated Press.

http://news.yahoo.com/parents-warned-mail-order-chicken-pox-lollipops-194620241.html

WOW......and I thought the "chicken pox parties" were the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of.....I guess there IS no cure for stupid.....just like my mom said!!!!

hahahahahahaha

anyone who does that needs to be sterilized IMO

GAH!! Why in the world would you do that? Parents please be warned! No no no. Nada. No way! There is no way that any child should be subjected to this. Jmo! Please dont. Please. Dont. My kids got chicken pox o my. My youngest son had may 3 chicken pox, my oldest 2 looked like freddie kruger. My youngest son gets shingles-he was 21 the first time and the docs 1st question, did you have chickenpox? They were exposed at school by a mother who sent her child to school,after Exposing her kids On Purpose, because after all in her mind, it was just chicken pox.

As much as I wish my kids would have gotten chicken pox and avoided this whole vaccine nightmare, I cannot imagine anyone would be this stupid. GROSS!!!

30tgn04.jpg

hahahahahahaha

anyone who does that needs to be sterilized IMO

Anyone who evens needs to be warned that this is a bad idea should NOT reproduce. Or leave their house. Geez.

I elected to have my son get the vaccine long beofre it was made mandatory. The reason is he suffers from chronic asthma and my nurse friend's son got them so bad they infected his lungs, put him in the hospital and almost killed. him. I did have worries though as I didnt know what the outcome or his future would be like how long does the immunity last.? I know if you get them as an adult it can be really bad. Now he has had the vaccine so there is nothing I can do but wait and see what the doctors say. His doc said they had been using this vaccine for 10 year in Zapan before it was introduced here. I said to her" well great good to know we let other countries be the guinea pig" LOL.

I also have a friend who got them as a child and as an adult she has no immunity so she keeps getting infected. She has developed tri-geminal neurlgia as a result. This is not a minor disease andI still dont know what is right to vaccinate or not.

I elected to have my son get the vaccine long beofre it was made mandatory. The reason is he suffers from chronic asthma and my nurse friend's son got them so bad they infected his lungs, put him in the hospital and almost killed. him. I did have worries though as I didnt know what the outcome or his future would be like how long does the immunity last.? I know if you get them as an adult it can be really bad. Now he has had the vaccine so there is nothing I can do but wait and see what the doctors say. His doc said they had been using this vaccine for 10 year in Zapan before it was introduced here. I said to her" well great good to know we let other countries be the guinea pig" LOL.

I also have a friend who got them as a child and as an adult she has no immunity so she keeps getting infected. She has developed tri-geminal neurlgia as a result. This is not a minor disease andI still dont know what is right to vaccinate or not.

I'm with you. My kids were vaccinated before they figured out that it only lasts about 10 years. Now my kids have had to get the booster, but I'm pissed off because when they are due for the next booster they are going to be in their early 20s. Not the most reliable age for remembering stuff like this or going to the doctor on a regular basis AND starting to have kids. It is really really bad to be exposed to chicken pox when you are pg and have no immunity.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm seriously concerned for the children of the parents that have to be warned about not letting their children lick candy that was first licked by a sick child (supposedly) that they got through the mail from a stranger. And i bet you that not one of these geniuses behind this scheme considered all the other people that might be infected when they sent a virus through the mail. Domestic terrorism under a new name, that's all this is. And stupidity, that too.

THANK YOU!!! Amazing how few people stop to consider that....

I'm seriously concerned for the children of the parents that have to be warned about not letting their children lick candy that was first licked by a sick child (supposedly) that they got through the mail from a stranger. And i bet you that not one of these geniuses behind this scheme considered all the other people that might be infected when they sent a virus through the mail. Domestic terrorism under a new name, that's all this is. And stupidity, that too.

I'm so so disturbed by this. Purposely spreading a disease is whoa- big big potatoes. *smh*

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back