Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

111106_missing_boy.jpg

2-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen around 9:00 am on Sunday, November 6, 2011. Sky's mother reported that her car ran out of gas in Bellevue, Washington at that time. She said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle and walked with her daughter, who is 4, about a mile to a gas station. When she returned approximately 1 hour later, Sky was missing.

An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Sky. He was last seen wearing, a grey hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants, and white socks. The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1183128&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Thread #1

Okay, I snagged this one at the end of the last thread....

Could you please link to one. Not saying I don't believe you at all, I just want to see it. My daughter has a vein that is very prominent between her eyes and people always ask me if it is a bruise and when I show them and tell them they ask if it will always be there. The doctors said it would eventually go away, but as of yet, it has not and it not really noticeable all the time.

bbm

That reminds me that DS had an area (vein?) kind of between his eyebrows as an infant/toddler that would turn darkish red when he cried or pooped... :innocent:... like a glow light. He has outgrown it now. Little Sky could have something like that - it didn't look quite like a bruise to me but - some sort of discoloration or marks?

I just can’t visualize an OCD patient obsessed with cleanliness carrying a smelly gas can for any distance.

I just can’t visualize an OCD patient obsessed with cleanliness carrying a smelly gas can for any distance.

I'm sure LE has interviewed this friend. I'd love to know what s/he has said.

Last December, a social worker determined that there was a "preponderance of evidence" that Metalwala had struck his daughter hard enough to cause bruising, court records show. The social worker also said Sky had troubling bruises, but because the boy could not talk, it wasn't clear where he got them. However the attorney for Metalwala, Leslie Clay Terry III, said Monday that case worker had only interviewed the mother and that Child Protective Services later conducted an investigation that cleared Metalwala.
"He was exonerated completely," Terry said.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/11/07/1896369/parents-of-missing-washington.html#ixzz1d56IllsU

It's interesting that they had enough evidence to say that SM was responsible for the bruising on his daughter, but according to SM's attorney was cleared regarding Sky's bruising.

One of the pics on her flicker page stood out to me. The one where the suitcases are front and center. After the OCD accounts it makes me wonder why she took that pic if she took that pic? Not that it matters really, but it would show obsessiveness with neatness.

Just thinking outloud

I know a lot of people seem to be leaning toward the mom's abuse allegations against the dad being false. But I think it's important to point out that an abusive dad and a dangerously unstable mom aren't mutually exclusive. Both could be true and these children could have been stuck in a very precarious position between the two parents. Reports say the dad was also culpable for leaving the child in the car unattended in inclement weather in the earlier incident. I'm not accusing the dad of being involved in Sky's disappearance just saying that these children may have been venturing down a dangerous path no matter which way the custody fight went, which is incredibly sad.

I stepped away to watch Nancy on DWTS, and imo she sucked tonight. Just dont tell her I said that. If I need her one day god forbid, she will eat me alive lol.

Did you guys find Sky yet? :(

I know a lot of people seem to be leaning toward the mom's abuse allegations against the dad being false. But I think it's important to point out that an abusive dad and a dangerously unstable mom aren't mutually exclusive. Both could be true and these children could have been stuck in a very precarious position between the two parents. Reports say the dad was also culpable for leaving the child in the car unattended in inclement weather in the earlier incident. I'm not accusing the dad of being involved in Sky's disappearance just saying that these children may have been venturing down a dangerous path no matter which way the custody fight went, which is incredibly sad.
I for one totally agree. Doomed I say DOOMED.

I'm sure LE has interviewed this friend. I'd love to know what s/he has said.

I wonder too if it's a he. And what he/she said.

One reporter said "she", but I think he was just assuming the "friend" was a girlfriend.

Has anyone seen anything indicating she's not STILL with police?

Hmm.

This ^^^^^^

I read both threads, this isn't going to end well.JMHO.

Catching up - but I haven't seen anyone mention this... she is 30, and she and stbx were together 14 years? She was 16 when they got married? That's pretty young for someone who wasn't pregnant.

ETA - or maybe she was.... dumb me....

CPS received six referrals about the family from late 2009 to late 2010, state officials reported in court documents.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/07/sky-metalwala-missing-was_n_1080847.html

Isn't that a lot? I'm not sure what is normal for CPS, but I feel like that's a whole lot!! Yikes...

Could it be the parents calling in on each other or one of them doing it to sabotage the other due to the custody issues and DV allegations? Can they even do this?? Maybe anonymously? IDK... Just thinking out loud and wondering what happened with this family!

This article says the father was charged with leaving Sky alone before. Someone is wrong since earlier reports said both parents, correct?

The father of missing 2-year-old Sky Metalwala was charged with leaving a child unattended in a motor vehicle in 2009, Redmond, Wash., prosecuting attorney Larry Mitchell told ABCNews.com today.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mom-left-m...ue-wash-father/story?id=14896605#.TrinUuvaku8

ETA: So there's more further down the article. Why would just the father be charged?

bbm

"A citizen noticed and had called the police," prosecutor Mitchell said. "They eventually made contact with the mother and father who were in the store shopping. There was some discussion about leaving the child unattended."

Solomon Metalwala paid a fine, did 40 hours of community service and completed a parenting class, so the case was dismissed in February of this year.

Catching up - but I haven't seen anyone mention this... she is 30, and she and stbx were together 14 years? She was 16 when they got married? That's pretty young for someone who wasn't pregnant.

They have been together for 14 years but only married since 2003- as per her Facebook. According to her Mom they got married because he was about to be deported back to Pakistan

I thought this too, but I think there is a lot of misinformation. I think they started dating when she was 15 and got married 7 years ago, but who knows. This case is a total mess all the way around.

This article says the father was charged with leaving Sky alone before. Someone is wrong since earlier reports said both parents, correct?

ETA: So there's more further down the article. Why would just the father be charged?

bbm

Hmmm strange! Maybe he "took one for the team" so to speak? As part of a deal maybe? So Mom didn't have to have the record or take the punishments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff