WA-Mom rescues tot from washing machine

Good for her, it's called parenting. It would have been even more impressive if she had had the skills to keep her kid out of the washer like the rest of us do every day. Now she's going to have a scar on her back, from the 10 inch wound. Even if it's marked out of order, you don't let your five year old play in a washer, that's a no brainer. I hope that there is some sort of investigation as to whether her mother put her in there in the first place, and if she did, someone needs to get "mom" a brain. JMO.

OH, oh oh I have a washing machine story!

When I was 4 or 5 my mother had an old fashioned wringer washer. One day she put some clothes in it and started it and went to do something else while they washed. I slipped out there and decided to "help." I had watched my mom run the clothes through the wringer before and I knew how to start it. I did. Then I picked up clothes and started running them through the wringer.

Unfortunately I wasn't as smart or grownup or ready to work a wringer washer as I thought I was. My hand got caught in the wringer and started feeding through. By the time my mom heard my screams and got there I was up to may elbow in the wringer.

Trip to the ER and nothing was broken, no skin tears or nothing. But the weirdest thing. Where my skin had wrinkled and become so compressed, I had a mark on my skin. It took almost 50 years before it finally went away.

OH, oh oh I have a washing machine story!

When I was 4 or 5 my mother had an old fashioned wringer washer. One day she put some clothes in it and started it and went to do something else while they washed. I slipped out there and decided to "help." I had watched my mom run the clothes through the wringer before and I knew how to start it. I did. Then I picked up clothes and started running them through the wringer.

Unfortunately I wasn't as smart or grownup or ready to work a wringer washer as I thought I was. My hand got caught in the wringer and started feeding through. By the time my mom heard my screams and got there I was up to may elbow in the wringer.

Trip to the ER and nothing was broken, no skin tears or nothing. But the weirdest thing. Where my skin had wrinkled and become so compressed, I had a mark on my skin. It took almost 50 years before it finally went away.

bbm wow, mysteriew! i bet you thought it would be there forever! we used a wringer as well and as a teen i got my really long hair caught in it several times but i was old enough to be using the thing and was able to flip the little thingy that let the wringers separate before it hurt me. i bet your mother was beside herself, just as this mother must have been. i feel so bad that the little girl got a 10 inch gash on her back from the ordeal, but glad she is going to be ok.

That mother is good under stress. I do not blame how the child got in there, children move fast. Great for the mom to figure out what to do! And I am glad the child is ok besides the cut.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back