TX TX - Helen Kilgore, 13, Corpus Christi, 13 April 1984

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
http://www.kcentv.com/story/15981952/27-year-old-cold-murder-case-re-opened-in-bosque-county

Posted: Nov 07, 2011 4:12 PM Updated: Nov 07, 2011 4:12 PM
By Ashley Goudeau

27 Year Old Cold Murder Case Re-Opened in Bosque County

I came home from school and I was given a note from the person I was seeing at the time and it was a run away note from my sister that she had left," Kelly says.

Kelly admits, Helen would often run away, but only for a day or two at a time to stay with friends. And she never left a note.

Four days later Helen's body was found wrapped in a quilt by the side of the road. She had been beaten from heat to toe and shot to the head.

http://coldcaseusa.blogspot.com/2011/10/sister-of-helen-kilgore-refusing-to.html
Saturday, October 15, 2011

Picture is from first link in this posting. Support and prayers for her sister.

Attachments

• Helen Marie Kilgore.jpg
    Helen Marie Kilgore.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
Cold Case Murder of Helen Kilgore

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/special-report-cold-case-murder-of-helen-kilgore/434794301

It was 1984 when a 13-year-old girl missing from Corpus Christi was found brutally murdered. Her name was Helen Kilgore, and to this day, no one has ever been convicted of the crime.

The girl's family desparately continues to search for answer, and as 3News found out, there are new efforts underway right now to solve the cold case.

"She would have been somebody in life. She would have made it somewhere," said Helen's sister Kelly as she scrolled through cherished family photos.

"That's all we have left," she said.

Chief Deputy Clint Pullin of the Bosque County Sheriff's Office has now reopened Helen's cold case.

"I believe in some point in time, we will find out who did this," Pullin said. "It's just a matter of time, and it's been a long enough time as it is. Time to finally try to close the book on this case and find out who the shooter is."

Still, solving the case has proven difficult due to a lack of evidence.

"It's limited because not always do we have the same evidence here that we did in 1984. There is some evidence that is no longer here," Pullin said. "When we have an investigation like this and it's an old cold case, we need help."

Kelly Kilgore has now turned to local Private Investigator Bill Schaefer with Park and Associates.

"There's plenty of unsolved murders around here, but Helen's is the one that crossed our plate and we're going to try and do the best we can," Schaefer said.

Feb 2024​

Texas Rangers Top Cold Cases

1707328196197.png
REFERENCE NUMBER: 199 - Unsolved
COMPANY: F
RACE: White
SEX: Female
CITY:
COUNTY:
Bosque
RELATED YEAR: 1984

"On April 13th 1984, 13-year-old Helen Kilgore was reported missing by her father, from Corpus Christi, Texas. Several days later, Helen’s body was discovered on the side of a rural road near Meridian, Texas, over 200 miles away from her home. Helen’s remains were found wrapped in a type of blanket. She died from a gunshot wound. Despite an intensive investigation, no arrests were made and the case went cold.

At the time of her death, Helen was enrolled in middle school, and was survived by three sisters and her parents."
Read More: Who Did It? The Top Texas Cold Case Files | Who Did It? The Top Texas Cold Case Files

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back