Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Please continue here.

111106_missing_boy.jpg

2-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen around 9:00 am on Sunday, November 6, 2011. Sky's mother reported that her car ran out of gas in Bellevue, Washington at that time. She said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle and walked with her daughter, who is 4, about a mile to a gas station. When she returned approximately 1 hour later, Sky was missing.

An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Sky. He was last seen wearing, a grey hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants, and white socks. The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Information & Support thread

Reposting this since it might be missed from one of the last posts of the previous thread:

http://www.king5.com/news/Missing-bo...133499358.html

" KING 5 News has learned that authorities searching for missing two-year-old Sky Metalwala inspected two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday and now believe there is the possibility that they may need to begin digging through 50,000 tons of garbage."

ING 5 News has learned that authorities searching for missing two-year-old Sky Metalwala inspected two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday and now believe there is the possibility that they may need to begin digging through 50,000 tons of garbage.

FBI agents, among other law enforcement, visited the Houghton Transfer Station in Kirkland and the Factoria Transfer Station in Bellevue, as well as the Cedar Hills landfill where garbage that passes through those facilities is buried.

No information on what they found was provided. It is not uncommon in cases like this to trace garbage. Earlier this week authorities searched Dumpsters and trash chutes in the building where Julia Biryukova lives with her children.
Stay tuned for updates.
http://www.king5.com/news/Missing-boys-mom-declines-request-for-polygraph-133499358.html

^^^^ Also from same link above:

•Dogs did not pick up any scent of Sky outside the car during the search Sunday.

:(

Bringing this over from the last thread:

Not unless said child/children weren't born in the U.S. Typically, a birth certificate is sufficient. Same for adults, but photo I.D. is required, too (driver's license, state-issued photo I.D.). Most U.S. citizens can also travel by plane/ship to Canada, Mexico, and most islands in the Caribbean without an official passport, but the passport "card" is required (not as expensive but very restrictive in terms of where one can travel).

In the past few years, I think the airline rules have changed so that if you board a plane in the US for int'l travel, you have to have a passport - even to the Bahamas now. The airlines require it for re-entry so they check before you board.

The card is only good for travel by boat or by car, not by plane -- I think. We just renewed all of our passports last year and got cards as well, and I think that's correct. But I could be wrong.

However, I don't think it matters in this case. I think if she were going to flee with the kids, she would have gone with both. Because now she is going to be under that much more scrutiny and would be risking never being reunited with Sky if she had in fact sent him ahead of time.

I don't think he's being hidden, either. And that only leaves one option in my mind. :cry:

That's JMO, though.

You are right pizza.. she said they would be on a list.... due to the custody agreement... I will look for that post too

LOL...saw my batsignal! :)

In cases of joint custody it is a requirement to have both parents sign the child's passport application. If both signatures are unattainable a declaration must accompany the application in person and the applying parent must have the other parents notarized consent.

In cases of sole custody the parent making the application must submit the order granting sole legal/physical custody (unless the order prohibits travel) with the application made in person. In my case they did verify the legal documents were legitimate.

If these children did not already have passports prior to the commencement of divorce proceedings it is unlikely they will be issued one now on those requirements alone. However parents who fear their children will be victims of IPA have the recourse to also enter their children's names into the CPIAP - children's passport issuance alert program. It's a flagging system that lets parents know when a passport application is submitted in their child's name.

HTH

Another thought on the childcare: She might have stopped paying and taking them, or might have used up the money alotted to take them to daycare elsewhere, and therefore, stopped taking them. I'm not sure law enforcement would say that the daycare said, 'Oh, she stopped paying so we told her she can't leave the kids.'

My son is 11 now and we had to get a passport to take him to Cyprus when he was 2 years old. I can't imagine you can board a plane in the US and take them overseas. But perhaps they took him to Canada.

I have a bad feeling about this case though. A car on the side of the road these days would get someone's attention because it is so unusual since so many people have cell phones.

I can't imagine if she stood outside her car that no one would stop to help her, she's an attractive blonde chick. Some guy would have pulled over. So why in the world would she leave this kid.

I also think most people would not break into the car and steal the baby since it would be something a passerby would likely remember.

I have a feeling she knows more than she is saying and that the little girl has turned into her alibi of sorts. I think the child may think she saw the boy in the car but really it was just bundled up blankets.

Dang! Wrote a post and thread was closed. Just a couple thoughts from the presser I didn't see posted before.

While no one has seen Sky in several weeks, someone asked if mom and daughter had been seen w/o Sky and he said yes, he thought so and he'd check on that.

Mom and kids were apparently living a "reclusive" life and it's not strange that they hadn't been seen.

Mom admitted she left kids at home alone for long stretches of time but he would not confirm when those times were.

Mom's lawyer says she's "too distraught" to take a poly.

Interview with 4yo was "frustrating"--they didn't think she'd say he was in the car.

As for the one hour away from the car (which makes me wonder what the heck was she doing all that time), he said the timeline itself didn't bother him, just the choices she made. So perhaps she had an explanation for all that time.

Chevron gas station she ended up at does not seem to have video and while they don't think she was lying about the route she took that morning they have yet to find video along the way to corroborate that.

I guess they talked to friend she called who says she's incredulous about the mom leaving him behind in the car like that.

OK, that's all I think. Next presser at 3:30 PST.

Sounds like she's getting a little paranoid, thinking "everyone" in the mediation is against her and it was unfair. This doesn't bode well for her general psychological well-being. :(

Isn't it odd for mediation to go for 11 hours? I would think they would stop and give it a rest if things hadn't been wrapped up in a reasonable amount of time. After all, regardless of the situation, the stress of being there must be exhausting--which I'd think would NOT be conducive to getting an agreement.

Not that it matters really, it's just been bugging me.

In the King5 video linked above the reporter said they talked to Sheli Owien, a woman believed to be a friend of Biryukova and the person police believe Biryukova called for help after Biryukova said she ran out of gas and left Sky in the car to walk to a gas station. She told the reporter she was going inside headquarters to take a polygraph today. The reporter is hoping to talk to Shelbi on her way out.

In the King5 video linked above the reporter said they talked to Sheli Owien, a woman believed to be a friend of Biryukova and the person police believe Biryukova called for help after Biryukova said she ran out of gas and left Sky in the car to walk to a gas station. She told the reporter she was going inside headquarters to take a polygraph today. The reporter is hoping to talk to Shelbi on her way out.

I think Shelbi unwittingly is Julia's version of an alibi. JMO

I hope the mom is being watched closely. I fear she may try suicide. This is just a thought I had and pure speculation on my part, but if she was already having issues, she may really start feeling cornered and desperate.

There will be another media briefing this afternoon.

This morning, there was also a court hearing in Kent to determine the temporary placement of Biryukova and Metalwala’s daughter who has been in protective custody since November 6.

Veronica Freitas, Biryukova’s attorney, said her client would not be appearing in court today.

Police have requested that Biryukova does not have any contact with M****
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-mot...fuses-polygraph-test-20111109,0,3037690.story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie