MSM coverage of Baby Lisa 11/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Morning peeps! This thread is for MSM.. please spread out for general discussion! Let's hope today is the day for some answers.

Where is baby Lisa?

Two general comments about the media coverage:

1.) I don't expect to see much (or any) national media coverage today due to the firing of Joe Paterno at Penn State. It happened very late at night, and most shows haven't been able to cover it yet.

2.) When I compare how much coverage Lisa's case has received compared to how much coverage the Penn State scandal is receiving, it makes me wonder if we overestimate the percentage of the country that knows about this case.

This article has only "old news". The big shocker being that MW is an ex of Jersey's is the shocker?

Well, it may be old news, but it is the first article I have read that admits the Mom may be innocent. Fox news wrote a story stating the roommates said MW is a drug user and a liar, and that they all had their own cell phones that night. This isn't the article I read but does mention the roommates. It is strange that we have now heard 3 different times for the alleged phone call, but nothing from LE confirming or denying.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/0...ell-phone-happened-hours-later-than-believed/

Two general comments about the media coverage:

1.) I don't expect to see much (or any) national media coverage today due to the firing of Joe Paterno at Penn State. It happened very late at night, and most shows haven't been able to cover it yet.

2.) When I compare how much coverage Lisa's case has received compared to how much coverage the Penn State scandal is receiving, it makes me wonder if we overestimate the percentage of the country that knows about this case.

Not that any one story is more important than another, the Penn state story is a pretty big deal as we continue to here more details about it, probably the biggest scandal to rock a university ever. I agree that story is going to be front and center for a bit.

http://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

Just throwing this link out. Jim is hot right now. He's talking about Fox News and their sources (unnamed) vs his (named). He is specifically talking about Fox report yesterday about the time of phone call and the phone carrier (Verizon?).

This thread gets really confusing when MSM articles from the day BEFORE are posted in the thread for 11/10/11.

Not that any one story is more important than another, the Penn state story is a pretty big deal as we continue to here more details about it, probably the biggest scandal to rock a university ever. I agree that story is going to be front and center for a bit.

As much as I want Lisa's name and story out there, I can understand why the Penn State scandal would be a bigger story. I think the most important thing is for Lisa's case to have longevity in the media until it is resolved.

Confirming what I already knew, but this is in regards to MK stating the house on Brighton was where MW was living when the call was made and referring to it as a drug house
jimspellmancnn jim spellman @

@Sunshine3324 ..they even showed a picture of the wrong house! And they have an unnamed source (again...dont these people have names?)...

55 minutes ago

I think I heart Jim Spellman! He at least is trying to get the correct info out there.

Well I watched Mike Brooks on HLN last night pointing in the complete wrong direction from the back of the Irwin house and claiming that the dumpster was about 200 yards away. I don't expect much from him to be anything other than face time at this point unless he's willing to actually check out what he's saying.

MOO
I dont have cable. Did he really point to the back of the house??? Does anybody know if they archive their broadcasts online?

I dont have cable. Did he really point to the back of the house??? Does anybody know if they archive their broadcasts online?
Yes, he did point to the street behind the B/I house/Cypress street. But it is my understanding that Chelsea and the dumpsters are on the street behind the houses directly across the street from the front of the B/I home.

Yes, he did point to the street behind the B/I house/Cypress street. But it is my understanding that Chelsea and the dumpsters are on the street behind the houses directly across the street from the front of the B/I home.
Your understanding is correct. The dumpster fire was east of their house. Just over the hill. Cypress is to the west. I wonder is he was confusing dumpsters. The house directly behind JI's house did have a construction dumpster on the lot at one time. (and yes it was searched also)

I think most infant "abductions" are by the other parent who wouldn't harm them in the first place, thus Amber Alerts. The parent making the report will try to convince law enforcement they will to get the child back.

Well, it may be old news, but it is the first article I have read that admits the Mom may be innocent. Fox news wrote a story stating the roommates said MW is a drug user and a liar, and that they all had their own cell phones that night. This isn't the article I read but does mention the roommates. It is strange that we have now heard 3 different times for the alleged phone call, but nothing from LE confirming or denying.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/0...ell-phone-happened-hours-later-than-believed/

Just to address this. Jim Spellman is denying these claims on his twitter. And like a PP said, he's sound pretty hot about Fox's reporting and failing to name their sources. Just things to consider.

jimspellmancnn jim spellman
@
@Sunshine3324 cant say its impossible but thats what i can report first hand. ALso all the housemates i saw said they didnt have phones
2 hours ago
»
jim spellman
@
@Sunshine3324 at least 7 times and been through out is and into the basement. I always arrived unannounced and never saw any drugs.
2 hours ago
»
jim spellman
@
@Sunshine3324 saying that the house is a drug house and all the housemantes have their own Phones. I've been to that that house...
2 hours ago
»
jim spellman
@
@Sunshine3324 ..they even showed a picture of the wrong house! And they have an unnamed source (again...dont these people have names?)...

http://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member