SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
barrera_colton.jpg

Colton Ross Barrera

Endangered Runaway from Russell, Kansas since September 26, 2008

Age: 17 -- Height: 5'9" -- Weight: 135 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Colton was last seen in Russell, Kansas on September 26, 2008.

NCMEC

NamUs

Charley Project

Facebook page

There is definitely something more to this story. Someone is not telling everything he knows.

Check out his Facebook page (link above). His family and friends are still desperately seeking answers. So many unanswered questions!

There are so many holes, so many unanswered questions. I think this case should be solvable. It just needs attention and the right people working on it.

I stumbled on it accidentally when looking up my childhood home town on Google and it stuck in my heart. When I lived there it was such an innocent tiny little town.

It's coming up on 5 years since Colton was last seen. Read the Find Colton Barrera Facebook page. If what is posted there is true, it's just unbelievable that this hasn't been solved. Meanwhile Colton is still missing and his family are going through hell day after day.

Colton's mother just recently posted something that was reposted by the admin of the Find Colton FB page (I believe) that says she was told that Colton was murdered by a 20 year old who was upset because Colton had sex with his 14 year old girlfriend....I hope she and Colton's friends can get some justice.

So sad! Such a horrible story. If it's true, I just hope justice is served, though it will be cold comfort for his poor family. My heart just breaks for his family.

Yes, it does. This is an almost unbelievable story and it should have been solved literally years ago. Now they believe he was murdered and they are sure they know who but no arrests, no body found. Why was this person not investigated right away? Why did they just let the last person known to see Colton alive (who apparently drove him to his death) just go off and live his life, get married, have a child - all things Colton never had a chance to do? It boggles the mind. This case definitely needs attention and buzz. C'mon Websleuths!

I live in Bel Aire, KS and happened to stumble upon this thread. I have to say, I am not happy I was not aware of this story.

I have been looking at a group started by what I assume is a friend of Colton. I am impressed with the tenacity this person has in their search for answers; we should all have a friend who sticks with us like this. I hope the answers to Colton's disappearance are answered very soon!

https://www.facebook.com/FCBgroup

I hope this case will be solved soon. There seem to be 2 young men strongly suspected of having something to do with Colton's disappearance according to the FB group. I just wish someone who knows something would finally talk.

I can't believe I've never heard of this case, I try to follow all cases from KS particularly towns I once resided in. Unbelievable, I only today stumbled across it.

Continued prayers for his family. Nothing is ever unsolved these days, no matter how long it takes. And the perps should keep looking behind them.

Yes, it does. This is an almost unbelievable story and it should have been solved literally years ago. Now they believe he was murdered and they are sure they know who but no arrests, no body found. Why was this person not investigated right away? Why did they just let the last person known to see Colton alive (who apparently drove him to his death) just go off and live his life, get married, have a child - all things Colton never had a chance to do? It boggles the mind. This case definitely needs attention and buzz. C'mon Websleuths!

That's exactly what has happened; Russell County Sheriff's office has not actually investigated a single lead.

Glad to see this case being discussed here. Colton and his loved ones need justice. Just another case of LE writing it off as a "runaway "

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back