Mexico - 10-Year-Old Survives Life Threatening Complications To Give Birth

WillenFan21

Reaction score
<modsnip>

A 10-year-old Mexican girl has given birth to a baby boy after a 31-week pregnancy, according to reports.

The premature infant, which weighed 3.3 pounds, was born by Caesarian section at the Women&#8217;s Hospital in the city of Puebla and is in the intensive care unit recovering from pneumonia.

The young mother, who is from the nearby San Francisco Totimehuacan community, has returned home after the procedure but visits the baby every day to breastfeed, officials said.

The Puebla state Attorney General's Office is now investigating whether the girl could have been raped and who the father is, the hospital&#8217;s director Rogelio Gonzalez said, according to UpFrontNewswire.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...week-pregnancy-article-1.975740#ixzz1dS5AvDFL

ETA: She was raped by her stepfather:

http://www.thejournal.ie/ten-year-o...pfather-gives-birth-in-mexico-276663-Nov2011/

The Puebla state Attorney General's Office is now investigating whether the girl could have been raped and who the father is, the hospital’s director Rogelio Gonzalez said, according to UpFrontNewswire.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...week-pregnancy-article-1.975740#ixzz1dS5AvDFL

BBM...Ummm...WTF??? What is the alternative? A 10yo cannot possibly give consent!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

And why haven't they been investigating this for the AT LEAST last 3 months!

Sad that the mother is so young but I love the fact that she is nursing the baby. Whoever the jerk was that got her pregnant needs to pay.

Sad that the mother is so young but I love the fact that she is nursing the baby. Whoever the jerk was that got her pregnant needs to pay.

Really? I felt really sad to read that the 10 yr old was breastfeeding. She should be combing her Barbie Doll's hair, not breastfeeding her baby. imo.
It makes me really sad to think about. She is way too young to become a mother, imo.

10-year-old Mexican girl gives birth to baby boy after 31-week pregnancy
snip-

Mexican state laws say young moms are unable to have abortions unless a girl can prove she was the victim of sexual assault.

The state’s minimum age of consent is 12 and women who undergo abortions in Puebla face a fine or prison sentence if they are unable to prove they were sexually abused

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...week-pregnancy-article-1.975740#ixzz1dSIkD88r
1.gif
:maddening: :furious:

Really? I felt really sad to read that the 10 yr old was breastfeeding. She should be combing her Barbie Doll's hair, not breastfeeding her baby. imo.
It makes me really sad to think about. She is way too young to become a mother, imo.

True she should be playing with Barbies but she is bonding with this child; the baby and she both are innocents but love is beyond boundaries. She is caring for the child, even though she is herself a child. The pueblo community and her family will help her. I just hope, since it is stated that the stepfather raped her, that her mother and the community kick him to the curb/shun him.

True she should be playing with Barbies but she is bonding with this child; the baby and she both are innocents but love is beyond boundaries. She is caring for the child, even though she is herself a child. The pueblo community and her family will help her. I just hope, since it is stated that the stepfather raped her, that her mother and the community kick him to the curb/shun him.

I just hope she is not expected to take on the total role as the child's mother. She is too young for that, imo. She needs to have a real childhood, and get a good education. Especially if she has been being raped by her sick stepfather. I think it might be best for an aunt or older cousin to care for the baby. How distressing for this innocent baby to be raised in the immediate family with a 1o yr old mother and known as the product of incestuous rape. Too much baggage for everyone involved, imo. :rose:

eta: One of the main reasons I believe this is because I don't think they will kick the perv entirely to the curb. Sadly.

My hope is that this child and her infant will be embraced by her community of female elders. This situation has been dealt with on a community level since the beginning of time. It's only been in the last decades that we, as a society, have asked the question, why. And not of the child but of the abuser.

I'm delighted that she's breast-feeding. It will be healthier for her and her little one, even if she's only able to do it for a short time. After all, it is her baby and her choice.

Blessings on this girl. May she know the love she deserves.

I just hope she is not expected to take on the total role as the child's mother. She is too young for that, imo. She needs to have a real childhood, and get a good education. Especially if she has been being raped by her sick stepfather. I think it might be best for an aunt or older cousin to care for the baby. How distressing for this innocent baby to be raised in the immediate family with a 1o yr old mother and known as the product of incestuous rape. Too much baggage for everyone involved, imo. :rose:

eta: One of the main reasons I believe this is because I don't think they will kick the perv entirely to the curb. Sadly.

In the Native community, puebla, the baby will have many grandmothers and aunties; the baby will not be treated differently because its father is the girl's stepfather. As for him, the Elder Women's Societies have ways of taking care of people like him. ;)

My hope is that this child and her infant will be embraced by her community of female elders. This situation has been dealt with on a community level since the beginning of time. It's only been in the last decades that we, as a society, have asked the question, why. And not of the child but of the abuser.

I'm delighted that she's breast-feeding. It will be healthier for her and her little one, even if she's only able to do it for a short time. After all, it is her baby and her choice.

Blessings on this girl. May she know the love she deserves.

BBM Lots of grandmothers and aunties.

In the Native community, puebla, the baby will have many grandmothers and aunties; the baby will not be treated differently because its father is the girl's stepfather. As for him, the Elder Women's Societies have ways of taking care of people like him. ;)

I like the sound of that.

Children in this situation are often loved, as they are known to be just as innocent as the victim herself. The child's immediate family may not kick pervo to the curb, but I believe that in many communities such as this one, those that choose to stand by him will be shunned right along with him. The girl will be encouraged to forgive, but those that support him or his actions will face some trouble with the elders among their community. Not little problems either.

I am glad that this girl is bonding with her child. The world is harsh enough already, and has definitely been hard on this girl after only 10 years, but there is no reason that she should be deprived of the opportunity to be involved in her babies life, and there is no reason that the child should be deprived of what I feel is probably one of the truest examples of unconditional love. CHildren are notoriously bad at holding adult grudges, and therefore, I don't think that she will resent her child, regardless of it's origin. She will have plenty of support to come to an understanding of what happened, and she will have immense amounts of support in caring for and raising the child or with allowing another family from the community to care for it, probably much more appropriately given than it would be here in most parts of America.

Not that that makes it any better that the girl was raped. And not that it makes it any less sickening that the age of consent is a mere 12 years old in Mexico.

How incredibly sad, that this young girl's childhood was ripped away from her.
My very best wishes to Mom and Baby.
And a healthy dose of prayers.

No offense meant to the religion or culture, but where were these elder women, aunties and cousins when this little girl was being raped and forced to carry a life-threatening pregnancy? If they are embracing the girl and her infant that's wonderful but nothing should be sugar coated just because of the child's cultural background, imho.

No offense meant to the religion or culture, but where were these elder women, aunties and cousins when this little girl was being raped and forced to carry a life-threatening pregnancy? If they are embracing the girl and her infant that's wonderful but nothing should be sugar coated just because of the child's cultural background, imho.

That's why rapists, particularly child rapists, are called predators; it's not like he did it in the town square. I was not sugar coating the situation, this child raper will pay for his crime, through LE and the community. He will always be looking over his shoulder.

As for the baby, it will be loved and you can't top that.

Marie--I think those women were where all mothers and aunties and grandmothers were. They were probably groomed by this man just as the child was. Pedophiles are notorious at accessing children right under their caregiver's noses. I know this as I'm the mother of eight rape victims.

Where was I? Right where I've always been, loving and caring for my children. The same goes for my children's grandmother, teachers, therapists, doctor and their father. Right under our noses.

Poor little girl. My heart goes out to her. I sure hope they both grow up to be happy.

Me too.

My question regarding breastfeeding at such a young age is this...how do we know that breastfeeding is such a healthy option for the mother?! How on earth can the nutritional demands on the mother possibly be healthy for such a young girl?! Good grief!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back