AR AR - April Andrews, 15, Pea Ridge, 18 Nov 2006

M86

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for discussion about April Dawn Andrews.

Websleuths: AR April Dawn Andrews (15) - Pea Ridge AR, 2006 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Charley Project: http://charleyproject.org/cases/a/andrews_april.html

Missing Kids: http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

NAMUS: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5799/1/

She went missing from Pea Ridge, Arkansas. Numerous sightings were reported in NW Arkansas after she disappeared in November 2006.

She was bullied at school, and worried about being a financial burden to the family. She was last seen getting into an older brown pickup truck in 2006.

I'm not sure if there is any WS's in NW Arkansas, but keep a lookout for her.

what would make a 15yr old child worry about being a financial burden on her family? i wonder if they verified whether she made it to the church clothes swap or not? or if that was even her intended destination from the onset.

what would make a 15yr old child worry about being a financial burden on her family? i wonder if they verified whether she made it to the church clothes swap or not? or if that was even her intended destination from the onset.

I wondered the same things. And, as recent as this is, I can't find any online news stories about it. My emails are going out as we speak!

She has such a kind face - gosh its hard to imagine she thought she was a burden to her family... i wonder if she was lured into something thinking she was going to get a job and be able to support herself but it all went badly wrong.

She has such a kind face - gosh its hard to imagine she thought she was a burden to her family... i wonder if she was lured into something thinking she was going to get a job and be able to support herself but it all went badly wrong.

That is possible. I know this area pretty well, and I just can't see a predator crawling the streets of Pea Ridge (which is a small town), and abducting her out of the blue. Of course, it's possible. I have a feeling she knew the person in the brown truck. The sightings in NWA make me think that she is still alive. In something like this, it really boils down to the home life... Which we do not know about.

On November 18, 2006, April Dawn Andrews disappeared from Pea Ridge. The case went cold with no leads or evidence and only an 8-year-old eyewitness.

But now the case is being reopened by the Benton County Sheriff`s Office, Child Abduction Response Team (C.A.R.T) of the Bentonville Police Department, Morgan Nick Foundation and several other agencies.

“We really believe someone knows where April is and what happened to April,” said Benton County Sheriff’s Detective, Wes Bryant, who is lead investigator on the case.

Among their new efforts are billboards along Interstate 540.
“To get the word out there and make a statement that we want to find April Andrews,” said Natalie Tibbs, C.A.R.T Team Leader.

But this isn’t an easy task for investigators who are starting from scratch. Over the years April’s case has slipped through the cracks, investigators said.

The lead investigator at the time of the girl’s disappearance was Pea Ridge Police Department Sgt. Cerilla Doyle.

“She had worked several of the leads early on but, eventually she herself went missing,” said Bryant. “But from what I understand she left the area, and she hasn’t been seen since.”

At first April was classified as a runaway, Bryant said.

“At a certain point, it was clear that she probably hadn’t run away and then she was reclassified as a missing person,” he said.

April was walking from her home at the King Lane Apartments to the Church of the Nazarene to pick up clothing, which is right down the street, the day she went missing, according to police.
That’s when the only witness, who was 8-years-old at the time said a light brown truck pulled up and April spoke with them. But it’s unclear whether April got into the truck, according to police.

“I would believe, in my contact with April, she would have to be comfortable with that person or know that person,” said Cpl. Mitch Brown, Pea Ridge Schools Resource Officer. “I don’t believe she was the type to get into a stranger’s vehicle.”

April’s father died a few years before she went missing, according to Bryant. The girl didn’t have very many friends at school and was bullied, as well.

snip
http://5newsonline.com/2012/09/05/police-s...-disappearance/

All Tina Johnson wants is to be able to hear her daughter's voice, see her, touch her and tell her she loves her. It has been more than a year since the 16-year-old left their home and disappeared.

April Andrews told her mother she was walking to the nearby Pea Ridge Church of the Nazarene to look at some clothes the church was giving away, but she never returned. Johnson reported April missing to police that evening.

She was last seen Nov. 18, 2006, but Johnson keeps track of the time by the missed holidays: Two Thanksgivings and now a second Christmas.

As she talks about her daughter, tears spill from the corners of Johnson's eyes before she regains her composure. She said she tries not to cry much because motherly intuition tells her April is OK.

"There's no use crying because she's still alive somewhere," Johnson said.

snip
http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2007/12/...07bzmissing.txt

The lead investigator at the time of the girl’s disappearance was Pea Ridge Police Department Sgt. Cerilla Doyle.

“She had worked several of the leads early on but, eventually she herself went missing,” said Bryant. “But from what I understand she left the area, and she hasn’t been seen since.”

This is rather interesting to me, but I doubt there is a connection. However, according to Charley Project, both Cerilla and April could very well be alive.

For reference:
Charley Project - April Dawn Andrews
Charley Project - Cerilla Ann Doyle

It says there have been sightings off her in Arkansas. I wonder if these are confirmed?

It says there have been sightings off her in Arkansas. I wonder if these are confirmed?

I've wondered that too.
Just the other day, I saw an electronic billboard with her missing info in Springdale.

Worrying about being a burden sounds like someone who is very depressed and/or suicidal. :(
That, and she was bullied at school, unfortunately.

Charley Project updated her case. She is now classified as a missing person, rather than a runaway.
Charley Project - April Dawn Andrews

And the 40/29 story:

http://www.4029tv.com/news/arkansas...pond/-/8897460/20628562/-/m6o0v5/-/index.html

"Investigators started draining a pond on West Brush Creek Drive in Little Flock on Monday after receiving an anonymous letter from a concerned citizen.

Deputies said cadaver dogs got a hit on the pond.

The letter was received in April. Investigators said it took almost two months to coordinate the search because they had to work with several departments and talk to the owners of the property that the pond is located on."

[More at link, including photo]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back