Satellite mystery of giant lines spotted in China's Gobi desert

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Google map mystery of giant lines spotted by satellite in Gobi desert (Daily Mail)

A Google Maps satellite has spotted a series of bizarre structures during a sweep of the Gobi desert in China.
---
To add to the intrigue, they are located on the borders of Gansu province and Xinjiang in northwestern China - an area that the superpower uses to build military, space and nuclear equipment.
---
In fact, some of the sites are less than 100 miles from Jiuquan, where China’s space programme headquarters and launch pads can be found.
---
not a whole lot else of substance at link above, but the usual great Daily Mail photographs are must-sees.

China: Google Earth spots huge, unidentified structures in Gobi desert (Telegraph)
---
In two images, available on Google Earth, reflective rectangles up to a mile long can be seen, a tangle of bright white intersecting lines that are clearly visible from space.

Other pictures show enormous concentric circles radiating on the ground, with three jets parked at their centre.

In one picture from 2007, a mass of orange blocks have been carefully arranged in a circle. In a more recent image, however, the blocks, each one the size of a shipping container, appear to have been scattered as far as three miles from the original site.

Another image shows an array of metallic squares littered with what appears to be the debris of exploded vehicles while another shows an intricate grid that is some 18 miles long.
---
more at link above

wfg, you left out the part where you tell us what it all means. :)

The best I can come up with is that it represents a grid I would most likely get lost in.
It seems to possibly be energy-oriented and it doesn't seem good becuz China will probably not share the technology nor any good results with us (the U.S.) unless for an exhorbitant price. Is that politically correct enough? :angel:

The 2nd photo is interesting...if energy-oriented...perhaps they have found a way to smash atoms via irregular angles and short lengths that branch off from a regular ol' symmetrical rectangle perimeter. Unlike the oval design of the French supercollider fiasco...

The 3rd photo...just interesting...objects placed irregularly in concentric circles...planes in the middle...hmmm...

It appears to me that the same people that design our housing developments in my community are using their same skills in the Gobi Desert.

wfg, you left out the part where you tell us what it all means. :)

They're getting ready for Chicago style elections and the burnt out vehicles and stuff was the remains of Occupy the Gobi.

W-w-wait a minute; does this mean it's not a flying saucer aerodrome??
---
It turns out that the structures are most likely used to calibrate China's spy satellites, according to Natalie Wolchover of website Life's Little Mysteries.

She spoke to Jonathon Hill, a research technician at the Mars Space Flight Facility at Arizona State University, which operates many of the cameras used during Nasa's Mars missions.

The existence of these calibration targets may seem suspicious or revelatory, but Hill said it really isn't; China was already known to operate spy satellites, along with many other countries, including the U.S.

'An [American] example I found just now is a calibration target for the Corona spy satellites, built back in the 1960s, down in Casa Grande, Arizona,' Hill told Wolchover.
---

Riddle solved? Mysterious objects spotted by Google Map satellite in Gobi desert explained
(Daily Mail)

Apparently the photos (1 and 2) are a hoax...you can see the terrain within the white bands...the image of the white bands is super-imposed on the terrain image...Photo Shop or similar s/w all the way (drat!).

Am I really the last to know? :blush:

I would really love a conspiracy theory to be true. Yes, I'm weird.

oh poop! I was going to guess "dried up fish farm pens" lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back