US - Lost Air Force One JFK assassination tapes make debut

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Found: Secret Air Force One tapes that capture dramatic exchanges between White House staff after JFK's assassination
A long-lost version of the Air Force One recordings made in the immediate aftermath of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, with more than 30 minutes of additional material not in the official version in the government's archives, has been found and is for sale.
---
The recording consists of in-flight radio calls between the aircraft, the White House Situation Room, Andrews Air Force Base, and a plane that was carrying Kennedy press secretary Pierre Salinger and six Cabinet members from Hawaii to Tokyo when the president was assassinated.

The Clifton tapes include additional debate about whether Kennedy's body would be brought to Bethesda Naval Hospital or Walter Reed Hospital for autopsy and if first lady Jackie Kennedy would accompany the fallen president, as well as expanded discussions about arranging for ambulances and limousines to meet the plane.

No references to Kennedy nemesis Air Force Gen Curtis LeMay occur in the shorter [LBJ Library-held] version, but the Clifton tape contains an urgent attempt by an aide to contact him.
---
the whole story, with pictures, at Daily Mail link above

LeMay may well have been a co-conspirator, many feel, and the Bethesda v. Walter Reed decision is key to those who think the wounds to President Kennedy's body were altered.

this is huge!

thanks for posting wfgodot

Anyone else see the recent discovery channel documentary "The Smoking Gun" showing the likelihood that a secret service agent accidentally fired the fatal bullet from the limo behind Kennedy ???

I found it quite well done , no conspiracy , just an accidental firing when the agent picked up his rifle .

I could not find any other websleuth threads on JFK so I posted it here

Thanks

Anyone else see the recent discovery channel documentary "The Smoking Gun" showing the likelihood that a secret service agent accidentally fired the fatal bullet from the limo behind Kennedy ???

I found it quite well done , no conspiracy , just an accidental firing when the agent picked up his rifle .

I could not find any other websleuth threads on JFK so I posted it here

Thanks
Steely's poll thread (below) has been serving as a sort of catch-all for JFK stuff as the 50th anniversary rolls 'round.

While certainly interesting, the "accidental fire" theory is not a new one and over time has been widely dismissed as a possibility.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120532"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back