CA - Convicted child killer Brandon Wilson commits suicide in prison

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/o...cle_e85fabfe-69b8-5892-89d0-e6dd3cdfb9be.html

November 18, 2011

Brandon Wilson, a man on death row for killing a 9-year-old boy in an Oceanside Harbor public restroom 13 years ago, was found dead Thursday, hanging in his cell at San Quentin State Prison, authorities said.

Wilson, 33, was pronounced dead at 6:47 a.m., according to a statement from the California Department of Corrections.
He was alone in his single-person cell, a spokeswoman said.
No other details were released Thursday about Wilson's death.

Wilson, a transient from St. Croix Falls, Wis., had been sentenced to death for the Nov. 14, 1998, murder of 9-year-old Matthew Cecchi. He admitted in court he had slit the boy's throat with a hunting knife.

During his trial, he had asked the jury to "execute me."

Wilson was also serving a sentence of life in prison for the attempted murder of a woman he had stabbed in Los Angeles.

4ec5c6bc17e6a.image.jpg

Thank you for posting news that made me smile...................I just wish news like this was a daily headline instead of another child's murder.

Thank you for posting news that made me smile...................I just wish news like this was a daily headline instead of another child's murder.

I just wish they'd do it sooner than 13 years - think of all the taxpayer money that could be saved.

I just wish they'd do it sooner than 13 years - think of all the taxpayer money that could be saved.

California taxpayers will still save several million dollars. He was only 33 years old, and his first appeal had not yet been filed after 12 years on death row. It takes at least 30-40 years to execute anyone in California now, so figure another 25 years or so housing him and paying for the endless appeals.

More condemned inmates have killed themselves than have been executed since 1977 in California. Many have died of old age. There are still men on death row that were sentenced in 1979 and are not even close to an execution date. It's a scandal.

I'd gladly provide the rope if these <self-snip> would execute themselves!!:furious:

Good. Anyways, he took the coward's way out on death row. He could not man up and face execution. Brandon Wilson lived and died like a coward. Enjoy Hell when you get there. I hear Osama bin Laden is there.

I lived in San Diego when this happened and still think about it. I didn't have kids then, but now that I do, I always think of this when it comes to bathroom time with my son. This was so horrifying and just disgusting what happened to that little boy. I also felt so sad for his aunt who has to live with this every day of her life.

Brandon Wilson was a monster and it could have been anyone in that restroom on that day, but it was poor Matthew. That park is so beautiful and nice. You would never expect anything so horrible to happen there.

When I heard about this last night, I felt a sense of relief. But also sadness for Matthew's family as it's all over the news again.

I'm reading "Bringing Adam Home" (about the Adam Walsh case) and it has so many similarities and it is just frightening when you're a parent of small kids.

God bless all the victims and their mommies and daddies.

Matthew should be 22 years old right now living his young person life.

You murder kids and then kill yourself. How does that work?

I'd like to say that when I read the thread title, my first thought wasn't "when is the party'.......but I can't. I'd like to say that my second thought wasn't I hope this means that he was suffering before he died. But I can't. Someday maybe I will be a big enough person to only see another life lost. But I can't get past the fact that this was a lying, murdering scum who perhaps suffered just a minute amount of what his victim's and their families suffered. And the wish that maybe, just maybe this , lying murdering scum will get what he truly deserves in the afterlife.

Maybe I can be a better person on the next one.

This was the first trial I remember watching as my cable co. had finally gotten Court TV. I was never the same after seeing the pain that little Mathew's aunt carried! Now, that I think about it- this case may have been the turning point for me and my interest in the missing and murdered.
It's just too bad he didn't do this in 1998-before he slit Mathew's throat!!:furious:

If only he had killed himself BEFORE he murdered an innocent beautiful boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back