Giant-headed mummy found in Peru; "alien skull," perhaps?

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
With the tabloids, it's always something.

Is this an alien skull? Mystery of giant-headed mummy found in Peru

A mummified elongated skull found in Peru could finally prove the existence of aliens.

The strangely shaped head - almost as big as its 50cm (20in) body - has baffled anthropologists.
---
(Renato Davila Riquelme, who found the skull), said that that the eye cavities are far larger than normally seen in humans.

There is a soft spot in the skull - called an open fontanelle - which is a characteristic of children in their first year of life, yet the skull also has two large molars, only found in much older humans.
---
(Riquelme) added: ‘Although the assessment (of three anthropologists who examined the skull) was superficial, it is obvious that its features do not correspond to any ethnic group in the world.’
---
Much more from Daily Mail - a picture of the goggle-eyed, elongated skull and its fontanelle and large molars plus the rest of the article - at link above, along with a telling sidebar about ritual skull elongation.

That's the first thing I thought of---the elongation of the skull during infancy.

I think I really watch to much PBS is that is floating around my head at all times :sheesh:

What I find truly fascinating is that 9000 years later people are still doing bizarre & idiotic things to their body to look like some societal ideal. What a pathetic species we are.

Just look up to the thread where stupid people allowed a fake doctor to inject their butts with a substance which turned out to be fix a flat & super glue.:floorlaugh:

I first thought of elongation too, but what about the huge eye sockets???

I first thought of elongation too, but what about the huge eye sockets???

I suppose the fontanelle could be explained as the mummy in question having been a very young child - but those large molars are a bit worrisome. It should be easy to tell (well, with a microscope) if the eye sockets have been enlarged by chipping away bone (for God knows what reason).

Daily Mail has become a bit skull-obsessed of late:
The 'crystal skulls' relics of ancient American civilisations have all been exposed as fakes - but a Mayan carved skull appears to be the real thing.

Not only that, experts believe the relic - buried along with its owner between 250AD and 600AD - may have been a replica of a 'hand guard' worn when the Mayans played a game not dissimilar to squash.

There was one crucial difference, though - the losers would sometimes become human sacrifices.
---
the rest of this at link above, with pictures, of course, including the carved skull / hand guard.

BONUS!

The Mail's article on the Florida "doctor" arrested recently after allegedly illegally dabbling in "butt-boosting" procedures is here. Don't miss the fairly worrisome mug shots - makes the Peruvian elongated skull look like something you see at the mall twice a week.

The large eye sockets could point to an ape of some type...Orangatans have really large eye sockets:

picture.php

I suppose the fontanelle could be explained as the mummy in question having been a very young child - but those large molars are a bit worrisome. It should be easy to tell (well, with a microscope) if the eye sockets have been enlarged by chipping away bone (for God knows what reason).

Daily Mail has become a bit skull-obsessed of late:

the rest of this at link above, with pictures, of course, including the carved skull / hand guard.

BONUS!

The Mail's article on the Florida "doctor" arrested recently after allegedly illegally dabbling in "butt-boosting" procedures is here. Don't miss the fairly worrisome mug shots - makes the Peruvian elongated skull look like something you see at the mall twice a week.

Agreed. You can explain away the elongated head as binding, but the large eye sockets, teeth and overall size of the head in relation to the body are less easy dismiss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back