Charley Project: Elaine Johnson.

http://www.lbth.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200905777S
Elaine Johnson

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1304 
Namus profile:
Dental: charting available
DNA: tests submitted/not complete

Case file:
Elaine Johnson was reported missing by her daughter on December 3, 1990. Elaine had not shown up for work so her daughter received a phone call from her place of employment.
Elaine apparently left clothes in dryer at her apartment building. Her apartment was tidy with no signs of foul play.
All that seemed to be missing was her keys. Her car was found in the garage of her apartment building in Parma, OH.

http://www.lbth.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200905777S
Elaine Johnson.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=101846724959#!/group.php?gid=101846724959&v=wall
Missing facebook page appears to be owned by her adult daughter.

http://www.onntv.com/content/stories/2011/11/18/story-parma-cold-case.html

NE Ohio Police Reopen Cold Case

Friday November 18, 2011 9:38 PM
UPDATED: Friday November 18, 2011 9:41 PM

Video at last link posted directly above. Interview with daughter.

Police said that her ex-boyfriend, Brian Sachs, last saw her in her apartment buildings laundry room.

Now years later, police said that Sachs story and details about that night keep changing.

"He was offered to take a polygraph test here but he has refused," DeSimone said. "He refused to sign a statement and then he refused to cooperate with this investigation."

Heartfelt sympathy and prayers for Judy. I hope you get the answers you seek soon.

Picture of Elaine from first link within this post, Charley Project

Attachments

• johnson_elaine.jpg
    johnson_elaine.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 22
http://blog.cleveland.com/parmasunpost/2011/11/parma_police_seeking_informati.html

Parma police seeking information on woman missing since 1990

Published: Thursday, November 17, 2011
By Sun News staff Parma Sun Post

PARMA -- Police are requesting assistance regarding a person missing from the city since December 1990.

On Dec. 3, 1990, police received a call regarding a missing person, Elaine Johnson, born in 1949. Johnson lived at 5934 Stumph Road, in Kimberly Park Apartments. Her daughter, Jodi, had received a call from her mother's employer that Johnson had not been at work for two days. Jodi checked her mother's apartment but her mother was not there.

The investigation revealed that the apartment was in order and nothing was missing. Johnson's car was found in the parking lot. Johnson's family found her wallet containing her money, identification and credit cards in her apartment. Johnson's clothes were found in the building’s laundry room and her laundry locker was open. Only her apartment keys were missing.

Johnson was reportedly last seen by her ex-boyfriend, Brian Sachs, 56, of Parma, on Nov. 30, 1990 while in the laundry room of the apartment building. Sachs was questioned at the time but has since stopped cooperating with detectives

More @ link

This is one of my "pet" cases because it happened right in my area and I work for the PD across the street from where she disappeared! I have always felt the boyfriend was responsible and would love to see this one solved! So much time has passed and her daughter deserves answers!!

Elaine was featured on the news the other night in hopes that someone might come forward with information. http://fox8.com/2013/09/13/missing-elaine-johnson/

Hi Shamrocker, I'm curious. Do you know if the wooded area North West of Elaine's apartment complex was ever searched for any evidence in this case?

Not likely for anything to be there, as I'm sure enough kids have been through there playing and exploring to have found her by now - if she was there.

There is something else that I find curious. Her car was there at home but her keys were missing. That tells me that someone (a POI) may have taken her in her own car, did something with her and then returned the car but accidentally took the keys with them when they left.

I am not sure if the area around her apartment was searched at the time or not. I am guessing that it wasn't and the information was basically filed away. I am sure there was some cursory invest done, as far as whether her credit was used, but I am almost positive there wasn't a physical search of the land surrounding the apartment complex.

I lived in the Wright Patterson area when this happened. She is a beautiful lady and for some reason she has always looked familiar to me? I would love to see this case solved. Sounds to me as if someone she trusted came upon her in the laundry room and she left with them. She would have had her keys with her in the laundry room, in my opinion. Does anyone know her maiden name? Thanks in advance.

First to the family- I am so sorry that you have been suffering through this devastating ordeal for over twenty years.

I grew up in Parma and spent quite a bit of my youth near the area Elaine lived in- this hits close to home.

In researching Brian Sachs criminal record (so far), the ex-boyfriend of missing person Elaine Johnson there is a match for his name in Parma Municipal Court records, charged 06/17/2011 with misdemeanor "Buccal Swabs" (11MIS90010)-plead no contest, found guilty. Wondering if this is the same Brian Sachs, last person to see Elaine alive, and if so is this charge related to refusing to provide a DNA sample? The Parma Court dockets usually provide much more information such as sentencing, etc, but notice for that case there is very little.

Also a 1991 misdemeanor charge in Parma Courts 606.28 "Failure to comply with court commands/failure to appear"- found guilty.

Further court records in Cuyahoga County court indicate a "Grand Theft" felony charge in 1981 for a one Brian Sachs whose DOB is 1955 and previous Parma address, which is only a stone's throw from Kimberly Park Apartments, where Elane resided/was last seen.

Also:
1997- "Brian Sachs (same Parma address)" found guilty DWUI (Driving while under the influence)
1995- Traffic citation conviction driving under suspension

Although this history does not point to Brian Sach's being directly connected with Elaine's disappearance (although I think it does and he seems to be withholding valuable information) this character sure has a blatant disregard for the law! Maybe even an alcohol abuse problem as there is a previous DUI conviction. Very interesting. I will keep my eyes peeled for information.

www.parmamunicourt.org
www.bedfordmunicourt.org
www.cuyahogacounty.us

New photo released.

Elaine Johnson, who was 41 at the time of her disappearance, was last known to be at her home in the 5900 block of Stumph Road on Nov. 22, 1990.

Her money, credit cards and identification were found inside her apartment, but her keys were missing.

Her car was found in the apartment complex’s parking lot, and her clothing were in the laundry room, where her storage locker was open.

Today, she would be 68.

elaine-johnson.png

http://fox8.com/2017/11/09/new-photo-released-of-woman-missing-from-parma-since-1990/

Johnson.aspx
Johnson.aspx
Johnson.aspx

Details​

Elaine was last known to be at her residence in the vicinity of the 5900 block of Stumph Rd. Her vehicle was found in the parking lot of her complex and only her keys were missing from the apartment. A check of the laundry room revealed Elaine's clothing was there and her storage locker open. Her rent was paid for the following month and all money, credit cards, and identification were found inside her apartment. Elaine has brown hair that had been bleached blonde at the time of her disappearance.

• elaine_johnson_1.jpg
  • elaine_johnson_2.jpg
  • elaine_johnson_3.jpg
  • elaine_johnson_5.jpg
  • elaine_johnson_7.jpg
Johnson, circa 1990
  • Missing Since 11/22/1990
  • Missing From Parma, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/14/1949 (74)
  • Age 41 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 130 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but she usually wears a t-shirt and jeans.

• Medical Conditions Johnson suffers from depression.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Johnson's hair was bleached blonde at the time of her disappearance. She has a small scar on the left corner of her mouth. Johnson has had plastic surgery on her breasts and nose. Her nickname is Lonnie and she may use the name Elaine Benich Johnson.

Johnson.aspx
Johnson.aspx
Johnson.aspx

Details​

Elaine was last known to be at her residence in the vicinity of the 5900 block of Stumph Rd. Her vehicle was found in the parking lot of her complex and only her keys were missing from the apartment. A check of the laundry room revealed Elaine's clothing was there and her storage locker open. Her rent was paid for the following month and all money, credit cards, and identification were found inside her apartment. Elaine has brown hair that had been bleached blonde at the time of her disappearance.

I wonder if the storage locker and laundry are in the same room. My next question is, who had access to it besides tenants?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back